Evangeline Lilly gushes over working with Marvel

List me as well as one of few who thinks Thor: Dark World was awesome in many levels. Yes, it may not be the best film in MCU (the honor still goes to Avengers & Winter Soldier) but clearly 2 Thor movies are my most favorites among MCU films...and 2 Thor movies (in my opinion) had the best theme music in any MCU movies.

I was underwhelmed with TDW. I am a huge fan of the Simonson run and was really looking forward to Malekith. Its not a bad movie by any means, just a little bit mediocre, IMO, and a lot of wasted potential.

The Frigga funeral scene though is probably my favorite single scene in any MCU movie.

List me as well as one of few who thinks Thor: Dark World was awesome in many levels. Yes, it may not be the best film in MCU (the honor still goes to Avengers & Winter Soldier) but clearly 2 Thor movies are my most favorites among MCU films...and 2 Thor movies (in my opinion) had the best theme music in any MCU movies.

Without a doubt. I listen to those two soundtracks all the time. I also dig Silvestri's soundtrack from CA:TFA.

I was underwhelmed with TDW. I am a huge fan of the Simonson run and was really looking forward to Malekith. Its not a bad movie by any means, just a little bit mediocre, IMO, and a lot of wasted potential.

Man I love Simonson's run on Thor too but not because of Malekith. Beta Ray Bill, Surtur, Sigurd Jarlson, Lorelei, Fafnir, Balder, Karnilla, Skurge's Last Stand, brittle boned Thor, the Midgard Serpent and Frog Thor are what make that run legendary to me. But honestly Malekith as a villain has always kind of underwhelmed me (and the weakness to iron always struck me as a little lame). Give me foes like Surtur, Mangog, Enchantress & the Executioner, Hela, Pluto, Ego the Living Planet, the Dark Gods, Desak the God Slayer, Zarrko the Tomorrow Man or even Sporr the mutated amoeba over him any day.

I thought Malekith in the film did a good job with what he had to work with and served his purpose. His motive and plan were as plain as day to me. We know for a fact that there was a much bigger storyline that got cut from the film that would have flushed his character out further and perhaps offered the unhappy fans more satisfaction. Who knows if we'll ever see it but what people always ignore is the fact that Malekith's screen time was cut to give more to Loki's character and how was that a bad thing? Loki is a standout in that film. And any scene with Hemsworth and Hiddleston together automatically propels the film to a much higher level than most CBMs in my opinion. And the icing on the cake having Sir Anthony Hopkins elevates the material by default IMO.

The Frigga funeral scene though is probably my favorite single scene in any MCU movie.

Yes. Absolutely amazing scene.

I also believe that if they used Malekith's personality from the comics he would have been far too similar to Loki.

Idris is a top ten actor in the MCU... I noticed the wink but you dont type all of that without meaning some of it.

LOL, I was making fun of the overreactions to his comments about working on Thor: TDW. I'm actually a big Elba fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"