Ever merge different action-figure brands together when playing with them as a child?

toddly6666

Civilian
Reaction score
When you were a child playing with action figures, did you ever merge different brands together or did you play with one brand at a time? As I think about it now, it's funny how kids can have some sort of set rules of toy playing.

As much as I could remember, here were my rules as a child:

1. Transformers, Go-Bots, Chinatown transformer knock-offs could merge in play scenarios.
2. G.I. Joe, Indiana Jones, Superheros, generic no-brand figures (mechanics, race car drivers, fireman), and Star Wars figures could merge in play scenarios. But most of the time, G.I. Joes were played with by itself.
3. LEGO was always played with by itself.
4. M.A.S.K. toys were always played with by itself.
5. Marvel and D.C. superhero figures could merge in play scenarios, but that's because I didn't know any better at that age (from 6 to 12 years old). I think it was only in the last stages of action figure playing (around 12 years old) that I noticed that Batman and Spiderman never hang out in the comics.

Does anyone else remember how your "rules" went when playing with action figures as a child?

(Not interested in hearing about adults playing with action figures. That's a different topic.)

no i dont think kids ever did this ever

I used to play with my GI Joes and Transformers all at the same time! Totally normal to me! lol

Up until the TMNT came over I really didn't care... Optimus Prime saving Batman was really sweet when I was a kid!! Now they won't mix...

Same here...as kids we dont give a damn who is from where an that kind of stuff!!! Just fun long hours!!!

I remember I used to combine my DC and Marvel figs all the time! I also remember bringing over my big figures (The Hulk, War star, Goliath from Gargoyles, Godzilla) play with my friends GI Joe-like figures and we'd have the GI's try to stop the monsters, it was fun.

Man... I love you avy!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

That is a side story right? I havent read nothing about that. I've been busy.

I mixed Star Wars vehicles with my G.I. Joe collection and threw in Transformers at times. I would sometimes get LEGO sets and build huge buildings for G.I. Joe as well.

I was pretty jerky when it came to my toys as a kid, I never mixed....infact I rarely played with toys OUTSIDE because I never wanted to get them dirty.

Not much has changed. :p

VADER,
I also kept my figures in good shape and clean. The only figures that I would take outside or to the beach would be my only two Indiana Jones figures (my Indiana and Toht figures sort of went through outdoors hell - missing thumb, mushed up nose, etc.) or generic, no-brand action figures (race car driver, mechanic, fireman, etc.). As a kid, I remember cringing...seeing kids that would burn their G.I. Joes or throw them around. All my G.I. JOEs are still in pristine shape.

I used to when I was a kid, no rules or anything, just wanted to have battles with different characters, I had a GiJoe vs Imperial battles, Transformers vs. Gobots, on and on.

lets see....
maple town + smurfs + trolls all played together...
and i think batman + turtles played together...
beetle juice might have played with batman too...

but i dunno i guess my blood has always been that of a collector.. because if i collected a big group of toys together... (legos, jurassic park, littlest pet shop (what i liked animals and man enough to admit it :p), micro machines, power rangers, gargoyles) these i typically played with in just there own group... cuz i had alot and didnt see a point in mixing the genre.. but if i only had a fig or 2 from something i'd mix... like i only had 1 or 2 street sharks... 4-5 turtles... a batman, penguin, and joker (as well as bat plane, penguin plane, and joker motorcycle) i would play with stuff like that together.. cuz they simply didn't have alot to work with...

i think a few times though, i'd set up everything in my room.. jurassic park in the corner.. power rangers in another.. etc.. and i'd take some character.. who'd travel and cause trouble in every "world" of toys... it was fun...

I had an apocalyptic story with some of my toys which included a Megazord and some Power Rangers, some Star Wars figures, some jurassic Park figures, the car from Toy Story, the Batmobile, some girl neighbors toys from something called Melanie's Mall I think, etc.

It was pretty awesome. I think I may go look for the toys now to remember how I did it.

i typically also played out the same scenarios with my toys everytime.. cuz they were fun....
jurassic park: DINO's excape! and you gotta go catch em!

mighty max: mighty max travels to every world, till he reaches skull mountain

legos: pirates attack the british trade, the red guys were bad britts, the blue good... and the natives would come and attack as well...

i think gargoyles was one of the first set of figs i'd take pics of...

powerangers and transformers were pretty much... transform everything and transform it back

spider-man was more of me and my best friend bringing over our collections and putting them together.. and seeing what we had haha

I used to fight my Mazinger vs Voltron..... Yes, my old Mazinger!

That was fun too, with Polly Pocket as his side, sometimes dying, sometimes not.:woot::oldrazz:

na, i never had a polly pocket... oddly enough too girly for me lol... but Max had his chicken friend and his rambo body guard with him

....Did Bat and Spidey take it vs the Dinosours?? lol

na, i never had a polly pocket... oddly enough too girly for me lol... but Max had his chicken friend and his rambo body guard with him
Chicken friend?

I stoll the figures from my sis's PP's and left her the location things.:oldrazz:

Dammit, now I want to play with my toys.:cmad:

Chicken friend?

I stoll the figures from my sis's PP's and left her the location things.:oldrazz:

did u never watch the MM cartoon? lol.. he had a body guard and a mystical chicken bird guy in a purple robe... and they made a toy of both as well

Right now the only crossovers I've got are some spare Spideys Wolvies, FO IM, Apoc BAF vs the Sota SF chars...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"