Someone explain to me WHY THE HELL Wonder woman needs guns?

IF THEY DONT want to kill anyone, then WHY the hell use guns?

you make no sense!!!

Why did Cupid use a bow and arrow if he didn't want to kill anyone? Eros is the Greek equivalent of Cupid. Please, stop being so wrong about everything.

The only thing wrong is this stupid relaunch!

DC SHOULD just sell the characters to Marvel, then we will get stories

Then why would Eros need guns if he is the equivalent ofcupid?

Because it's just a modernized version of the bow and arrow. That's it. He doesn't "need" them any more than he needs the bow and arrow.

Wonder Woman is all about her connection to Greek mythology. Not modern weapons. It's just as stupid as superman wearing armor! WHY WOULD SUPERMAN NEED ARMOUR?

Okay, but the GREEK GOD in the story had guns instead of a bow and arrow because both are completely arbitrary artifacts for him to have that enable him to hit people with a magical love whammy. What they have in common is that they're both long range weapons. Eros having guns instead of a bow and arrow is just to show that he hasn't stayed static in Helenic times but has evolved with modern sensibilities. So, since people mostly use guns instead of bows these days, he uses guns. Same reason why Athena uses a laptop and Ares wears Itallian suits. They're evolved with the times. It's really more of a joke than anything else. Her using those guns IS a connection to greek mythology, just in a roundabout kind of way.

Wonder Woman is all about her connection to Greek mythology. Not modern weapons. It's just as stupid as superman wearing armor! WHY WOULD SUPERMAN NEED ARMOUR?

Why would Superman need clothes at all? He doesn't get cold and he doesn't get injured. He wears armor because it's a piece of Krypton, not because he needs protection.

Oh... I didn't see this until my last post. If I had I would have just told you to shut up.

Having stories doesn't mean **** if they're mostly not any good. The only storytelling over in mainstream Marvel that even compares to the best of DC right now is Hickman on the F4 books, Mark Waid's DD and Slott's Spidey book.

Aaron's X-Men book is not bad either but not really my thing as I'm really over the X-Men at this point in my life and truly don't give a ****. I recognize when I see good writing though and there is some good writing there.

Outside of that I can't think of much and I actually enjoy Rucka's Punisher and Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D. but the former has been overstretched decompressed stuff that isn't even all that great or fresh to begin with and the latter has lost serious steam with the new volume. Still readable though; just not packing the punch of their true potential. If you really have a problem with all this then drop all your DC books. It really is not...that...hard.

This Wonder Woman is absolutely horrible. Abstract, confusing and hard to follow. It's just a mess. Wonder Woman doesn't need guns. She's got super strength, super, speed is invulnerable and has a golden lasso. It's overkill like Batman with a Green Lantern Ring.

Hey, where are the supervillains? You Know Circe? Cheetah? Dr. Psycho? Silver Swan? No, we get a bunch of weird greek god interpretations and some jumbled events callling itself a story. This crap wouldn't make it past the slush pile with a good editor.

I'll go on record as saying it's worse than the 1960's Emma Peel Wonder Woman. At least those stories made sense and were kinda fun.

This Reboot is Windows ME messed up Waiting for the XP Professional reboot to erase the entire hot mess from history. But we won't get that until Didio and co are fired or sales go below 20K.

You're mad that every villain she's ever faced hasn't appeared in the first arc?

People can't really grasp the entire idea behind the love guns?

This is the best Wonder Woman's solo comic has been in oh, about 30 years. So shut up with the complaints or at least try to understand what you are complaining about.

Wait, isn't Dreadstar trolling? I can't be the only one getting that impression. Just ignore him.

Last edited:
This is the best Wonder Woman's solo comic has been in oh, about 30 years. So shut up with the complaints or at least try to understand what you are complaining about.

I disagree.

Best it's been since Rucka? Yes....but that ain't saying much.

I enjoyed Gail Simone's "The Circle" arc more than anything I read in Azzarello's series before I dropped it.

Love Guns is a great name for a terrible band. That is all.

They're a modern version of Eros'/Cupid's bow and arrow. What's the big problem with that?

Also, I love the fact that Cliff Chiang included heart shapes in the muzzle flash of the guns.:up:

I think the Cupid guns are friggin cool. Especially (just me saying, this is not real) if one gun is named Love (heart shaped muzzle flash) and the other is named Hate (broken heart shaped muzzle flash).

The modernized Greek Gods are one of my favorite things about the New 52 Wonder Woman. I dunno if it's mentioned in the series (I think it was in the most recent one) but the reason the Greek Gods appear like that is because that is the only way our human imagination can perceive them. So ancient Greeks would see Cupid's weapons as a bow, while modern humans would see the bow as guns. So they're not really "guns" they're just concepts made manifest.

Whats Marvel supposed to do to afford that? Raise the price of their issues to a ludicrous 4.99? Which actually isn't so ludicrous cause you and the other Marvel fanboys would still pay the price.

this thread is so full of fail

Ive never followed any wonder woman before and Im totally digging this stuff. I think its cool to see WW stuck in the middle of this modern power struggle between greek gods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"