Famke finally speaks her mind about the treatment of Phoenix in X3

She may have been miscast as Storm but people always seem to question her acting ability (because she's so good looking?) despite her getting recognition from her peers before she even did Monster's Ball. There aren't many people who can say they've got an Oscar, Emmy, Golden Globe and SAG awards at home.:o

Any movie Halle Berry is in i think the majority of moviegoers will take notice just because she's in it. Having said that, i don't think it gives her the right to make demands about the size of her role when you're in a ensemble with a string of other talented actors.

After X2 Halle threatened to walk. I think she said she wanted Storm to have a more intergral part and not just stand there. This and a lot of other studio parameters are probably the reasons Phoenix's role was hurt.

Unfortunately Famke was in no position to really make demands or walk out so she just had to grin and bear it.

I personally thought Famke was the best thing about X-men: The Last Stand.

Yes Patrick Stewart and Ian Mac Kellen were good... but they would sound and look good reading the script to camera for 2 hours.

Famke gave a chilling performance despite a lackluster script, lackluster co-stars and a very very lackluster director.

You have to give her credit for sticking with it... and doing the best she could under the circumstances.

I just watched it on DVD for the first time since I saw it in the theatre and no character was treated correctly. Bryan Singer's touch was obviously missing.

definetly.

Colossus, Scott, Rogue, Angel..... 4 x-men!, 4 x-men with 4 bad roles, and 3 bad roles for three already known actors.

Thanks so much, Fox.

Hopefully, the Wolverine movie will be good.

I don't mind Wolverine, really.

In fact, I hope it isnt' that good, less Gambit, I hope he is good enough to can see him again in the future.

I don't mind Wolverine, really.

In fact, I hope it isnt' that good, less Gambit, I hope he is good enough to can see him again in the future.

Gambit is my favorite X-Man. I'm excited about that.

Yeah let Marvel do all the work--write the script, build the sets, cast the actors, make the movie, spend the money, etc.

that way we wont have to worry about FOX pulling a Watchmen-eske move in a lame attempt to still get a piece of the action.

FOX makes me sick.

on Halle, after she hit superstardom they really used her name alot, STARRING HALLE BERRY AND HUGH JACKMAN, yet her part was so minimal, they knew she was bankable so they dropped her name everywhere, if it were me I would've asked for a larger role as well, because they're basically using her name and claiming she stars in the film and then giving her a mediocre part

plus she wasn't the only one who complained, Shawn Aashmore and many of the cast complained of long filming hours (in terms of months) and not really having much to do in the films, that's partially why Allan Cummings didn't return

Cumming didn't return because Fox didn't ask him.

Plus, all he did was b*tch about the makeup process...

but probably he would have returned...

He was under contract. He would have had to, if asked.

that's true. so definetly was Fox who didn't want.

stupid people, hahahaa. Kurt would have been amazing in X3, with the cure and the final battle.

or no..... with that Brett Ratner.... :meanie:

as mentioned ^, that was part of the reason why, now the rest...

actually Cumming didn't want to return because he said that the make up process was too long for how small his role in the film was going to be... thus he'd be in make up for hours and only shoot a few miniscule scenes, much like Collosus

I heard that Cumming didn't return because Singer didn't.

To be fair, him and Singer didnt get on by the sound of things, so i dont think thats true. Anyway, i'm glad he didnt return, as they probably would have ****ed up Nightcrawler just like they did EVERY other character.

To be fair, him and Singer didnt get on by the sound of things, so i dont think thats true. Anyway, i'm glad he didnt return, as they probably would have ****ed up Nightcrawler just like they did EVERY other character.

if anything they should of had him cameo at the funeral .

She may have been miscast as Storm but people always seem to question her acting ability (because she's so good looking?) despite her getting recognition from her peers before she even did Monster's Ball. There aren't many people who can say they've got an Oscar, Emmy, Golden Globe and SAG awards at home.:o

Any movie Halle Berry is in i think the majority of moviegoers will take notice just because she's in it. Having said that, i don't think it gives her the right to make demands about the size of her role when you're in a ensemble with a string of other talented actors.

After X2 Halle threatened to walk. I think she said she wanted Storm to have a more intergral part and not just stand there. This and a lot of other studio parameters are probably the reasons Phoenix's role was hurt.

Unfortunately Famke was in no position to really make demands or walk out so she just had to grin and bear it.

True. But she has said that all she wanted was some substance. She said that even if Storm would be in the film for ten minutes, she would be willing to do it as long as they were a meaningful ten minutes. So I can understand where she is coming at..Would've really hurt the Phoenix role if we had gotten a few minutes in the film where we see who Storm really is? Like her claustrophobia or her like in Kenya? These were lacking in the the films. X1 touched upon Storm a little bit though like her moment with Kelly and her accent ( would've been nice if that deleted scene with her and Rogue was left in though). X2 didn't really do much for her..the only meaningful part for her was her discussion with Nightcrawler.

Bravo, Famke! Agreed completely. The Phoenix felt like a non-character in the film...Terrible. And that Ratner quote Retro posted..."Next scene, next scene, Keep moving, keep moving"

Oukay :dry: God I can't stand that man!

if anything they should of had him cameo at the funeral .

Just a god-damn mention of were the **** he was would have been appropriate. But no we instead forget all about him, probably because of Ratner's short attention span.

Bravo, Famke! Agreed completely. The Phoenix felt like a non-character in the film...Terrible. And that Ratner quote Retro posted..."Next scene, next scene, Keep moving, keep moving"

Him and Fox go well together for me, because neither are worth **** and both should just stop making movies.

True. But she has said that all she wanted was some substance. She said that even if Storm would be in the film for ten minutes, she would be willing to do it as long as they were a meaningful ten minutes. So I can understand where she is coming at..
Her role was meaningful in the trilogy. Just not as meaningful and prominent as Halle wanted it to be or Storm fans expected it to be.
Would've really hurt the Phoenix role if we had gotten a few minutes in the film where we see who Storm really is? Like her claustrophobia or her like in Kenya? These were lacking in the the films. X1 touched upon Storm a little bit though like her moment with Kelly and her accent ( would've been nice if that deleted scene with her and Rogue was left in though). X2 didn't really do much for her..the only meaningful part for her was her discussion with Nightcrawler.
You know Storm's african roots really should have been acknowledged more. In X1 they were planning a origin sequence that takes place there and in X3 she mentions it in a chat with Xavier but scene was cut - it's not even in the deleted scenes section just in one of the behind the scenes featurettes.:down

Usually it's Fox that makes those kinds of demands. They must have been shocked and pleased when he said that.:o

Touching on Nightcrawler - his absence just goes to show how badly the script writers failed (and it is them - Kinberg and Penn - that I blame for the film, not even so much Ratner).

Their excuse was that they couldn't find a role for him. Guess what guys? You're the script writers. These are the characters you are handed. It is your JOB to find a role for the characters. If you can't accomplish that, then you aren't succeeding at your job.

While I love the movie, I will forever have negative feelings towards Kinberg and Penn as scriptwriters for how badly they missed the mark on what the movie could have, and should have been, if they didn't botch it up.

Regarding Nightcrawler, I've never heard mainstream viewers (who haven't read the comics and aren't part of fanboy zones like the Hype) complain about Nightcrawler's absence, nor do i recall the critics going on about it. Singer very much left the character open-ended in X2 - he was sat at the back of the President's office, not wearing an X-uniform, and was not seen in any scenes after that.

I like the character, and the movie version was excellent - making a very outlandish mutant fit in quite easily to the movieverse - but I don't think he needed to be in X3. It's always a juggle to decide which characters will appear. Some of Nightcrawler's scenes were cut from X2 anyway.

Not that I wouldn't want to see Nightcrawler again, but I can understand why he wasn't in X3. If he'd been shown becoming an X-Men member, then they'd have had to include him or explain his absence but he wasn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"