Fan Fiction Help: Potter, Artemis, Wrinkle in Time, Unfortunate Events, etc. etc.

ERBavenger

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm working on this Valentines Day gift for this girl. She really likes Artemis Fowl, Harry Potter, Series of Unfortunate Events, A Wrinkle in Time, the Incredibles, and Meet the Robinsons. I'm someone who loves writing and reading, so I did my best to read what I could. But naturally I do not have enough time to read all the Potters and the Unfortunate Events. So my question is this: Could you guys help me come up with a plot that incorporates all of these in an original way? Crazy wacky simply out of the box ideas would help. I don't really want a cliche or predictable plot. So I'm most likely going to merge several ideas.

My idea is for it to take place AFTER the last books of all the series.

Secondly, could you give me your take on...
Who is Harry Potter?
Who is Artemis Fowl?
Who is Count Oluf?
What's your take on the characters of A Wrinkle in Time?

Thanks!

Count Olaf - sinister sadistic charismatic money grabbing occasional cross dresser who spends all of the 13 books bar the first one chasing the baudelairs generally in a costume with an over the top plan to kill them and steal their fortune

Harry Potter - a teen wizard who begrudgingly feels a responsibility to stop voldemort and the death eater generally putting himself and his friend in danger each of the characters in the harry potter books have some greater relevance to harry than mere friend or foe for example hermione acts as a researcher comparable to willow from buffy where as the weasleys act as a surrogate family ect

however you could of found all this out and more from wikipedia or you could of found out the basic plot and character details any any of the numerous fan sites

and forgive the lack of grammar as I am help you out

I'm working on this Valentines Day gift for this girl. She really likes Artemis Fowl, Harry Potter, Series of Unfortunate Events, A Wrinkle in Time, the Incredibles, and Meet the Robinsons. I'm someone who loves writing and reading, so I did my best to read what I could. But naturally I do not have enough time to read all the Potters and the Unfortunate Events. So my question is this: Could you guys help me come up with a plot that incorporates all of these in an original way? Crazy wacky simply out of the box ideas would help. I don't really want a cliche or predictable plot. So I'm most likely going to merge several ideas.

Who is Harry Potter?
Who is Artemis Fowl?
Who is Count Oluf?

Thanks!

this souinds like it would be the mother of all crossovers :hyper:

Thanks for your input and encouragement. Yeah, I could wiki it all, but that's why I'm wondering what the fans think. Wiki is just facts, been there done that.

Okay, here's an idea I have, what do you think...

Story starts out with Dash from The Incredibles being chased by someone, he is now in his mid teens. He is then either killled or captured, not sure yet. Cut to narrator narrating how things are not right in the world, how children who are aging discover a world harsher than the one they grew up in. We then cut to a court room. Artemis Fowl is on trial. Now that he is 18 years old, he has been, amazingly, caught by the police and is being tried as an adult. He thinks back on the events that got him there. The police raided his mansion with robots beyond his imagination. Butler takes them on, but he gets the crap beaten out of him. Artemis calles the LEPrecons, but is unable to contact them. The police then grab him and tell him they have a warrant for his arrest.
Cut back to the court room, Artemis is thrown in jail after being found guilty. Apparently someone tipped off the police and gave full video evidence of all of his dealings. The jail door closes hard on Artemis as he realizes even a child genius can run out of time. As he sits in there, a portal opens up behind him. It's Holly and she grabs him and teleports him back to teh LEP base.
Foaly tells him that they have been tracking anomalies due to wreckless time travel all over the world and they feel that Artemis is caught in all this and didn't deserve to be put in jail. "How do you know this," Artemis asks. "Is this another ploy by Opal?"
Foally shakes his head. An enigmatic figure comes out of the shadows and introduces himself as a completely new character and shows him shots of all these heroes around the world and how they must recruit them to stop the evil that is wrecking the world through changes in time.
We see Harry Potter who is now in early retirement, mainly from his baby that was born recently. He must take care of her now instead of fighting against the dark magics. Etc. Etc. Etc.

So that's what I have so far. Opinions wanted.

Who is Harry Potter?
Who is Artemis Fowl?
Who is Count Oluf?

Thanks!

So you're going to win this girl's heart by mashing together all her favorite books into one big jumbled mess? Good plan.

Make an original story combining certain elements.

Wait, so you're going to write a fan fic based on books that you haven't read?

First of all, I've only never read Series of Unfortunate Events. Only read a few books of Potter and Artemis and have read Wrinkle in Time and have seen the other movies. Not to mention I'm armed with Wikipedia and all of you. I think I've got it covered.

Yeah, she reads fanfiction. She reads every spare moment she gets of whatever she can get her hands on. So she'd be up for it.

Again, I'm just looking for some story ideas you guys could throw at me. What would be something good? I flipped through some fanfiction and they tend to be pretty predictable crossover stuff. I, in all honest, want to write a good story that uses some characters rather than just slap a story together. I'm aiming at about a hundred or so pages when it's done.

First, you need to figure out where she frequents. See what fanfics she's read, get a grasp for what she likes.

She reads FF.net... you can make as crappy and grammar scary as you like.

If she does livejournal, you're going to need more than a month.

And, considering she Reads harry potter fic, I'm pretty sure she likes teh slash... So start getting intouch with your homorsexual side. :up:

First of all, I've only never read Series of Unfortunate Events. Only read a few books of Potter and Artemis and have read Wrinkle in Time and have seen the other movies. Not to mention I'm armed with Wikipedia and all of you. I think I've got it covered.

Yeah, she reads fanfiction. She reads every spare moment she gets of whatever she can get her hands on. So she'd be up for it.

Again, I'm just looking for some story ideas you guys could throw at me. What would be something good? I flipped through some fanfiction and they tend to be pretty predictable crossover stuff. I, in all honest, want to write a good story that uses some characters rather than just slap a story together. I'm aiming at about a hundred or so pages when it's done.

Just because a girl likes a series of books doesn't mean she'll like the types of places you send these characters. Make up your own original characters, be creative, if you love writing as much as you say you do, you should be able to come up with something original and not just rely on using other people's ideas.

Fan fiction is literary gutter trash.....thats all

I tend to agree with this position. If you are at all skilled at art, be it drawing or manipping in photoshop, maybe a picture with all the characters together might go over well. You wouldn't have to worry about writing the characters consistent with the books they came from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"