Harry Potter - The Complete Series Thread

It's not like they're going to adapt The Cursed Child.
I don't think they will. I think they will do something else. A trilogy of sorts, of them as adults, with kids. The focus being on them, not the kids.

I don't think they will. I think they will do something else. A trilogy of sorts, of them as adults, with kids. The focus being on them, not the kids.
I can see WB getting to that point in the next decade, especially if the new Fantastic Beasts underperforms.

That's going to be a recasting for the ages.

I can see WB getting to that point in the next decade, especially if the new Fantastic Beasts underperforms.
They already want it. They just have to convince them. I think they will. Ford was never going to be Han again... until he was.

That's going to be a recasting for the ages.
It's going to suck.

They already want it. They just have to convince them. I think they will. Ford was never going to be Han again... until he was.

It's going to suck.
That's as likely going to happen as a Facts of Life reboot. :o

Whether it's a Cursed Child adaptation or something else, WB will be willing to write out massive checks to Radcliffe, Watson and Grint. The fact that all three of them are coming back for this HBO Max Reunion means that they still care a lot about the franchise, as well they should.

Oh, I think it's a guarantee that eventually there will be a movie reuniting the three. Just probably won't be for a decade or so.

I rewatched every film in 2020, and then just from Prisoner Azkaban to Deathly Hallows Part 2 in June of 2021. Now im tempted to do all the movies again. hmmmmmm...

It's not like they're going to adapt The Cursed Child.

Let's hope not.

I'd be shocked if that happened. I always got the impression Watson (in particular) is grateful for, but ultimately over, the whole Potter thing.

I'd be shocked if that happened. I always got the impression Watson (in particular) is grateful for, but ultimately over, the whole Potter thing.

Like Harrison Ford, Bill Murray, Sean Connery etc. wait a decade or two and things change.

Coming back at a much older age I think would be very different even if she were over Potter. Most of these remakes we’ve been getting actors who were at their peak in the original films coming back when they are past it lol. In this case you would be getting actors who were still growing at the time coming back probably at their peak with decades more experience. Would be so huge if/when we get this. I reckon many of the people who came back for every other remake at one point swore against ever doing it. :D

Oh, I think it's a guarantee that eventually there will be a movie reuniting the three. Just probably won't be for a decade or so.

It'll be this decade. Once FB3 sputters out, I wouldn't be surprised if they announce something together soon after. We could see it by 2025. There's no way they'd let that sit for that long.

I'd love to see Columbus come back, but not adapting Cursed Child. Columbus's warmth would be such a welcome return after Yates' drabness that is the FB movies. With or without Columbus, get a great director and most of all get Steve Kloves back to write a new story and I'm in.

I rewatched every film in 2020, and then just from Prisoner Azkaban to Deathly Hallows Part 2 in June of 2021. Now im tempted to do all the movies again. hmmmmmm...

I do a Christmas re-watch marathon each year, on each day during Christmas, starting with the first as part of Christmas eve films.

I do a Christmas re-watch marathon each year, on each day during Christmas, starting with the first as part of Christmas eve films.
This reminds me, do people watch the films for Halloween or Christmas? I hear the score on some Christmas Playlists on Spotify.

Unless I’m forgetting something, there is a scene that takes place at Christmas or at the very least Christmas time in every film except for Deathly Hallows Part 2.

It's interesting, Harry Potter essentially coincided with my entire school life. By the time Deathly Hallows Part 2 released, I was out of high school for almost year. I remember sort of falling off of Potter after Chamber of Secrets released and then coming back around once Deathly Hallows Part 2 came out. Now i look back on this series in an emotional way because it brings me back to when I was coming of age. Even just hearing the theme floods me with nostalgia.

Alfie Enoch is in on this?

Love that.

The films for me are more Christmas-centric, were released at Christmas, and have a more Christmassy-feel.
Yeah agreed, great (relatively modern) Xmas films, especially for the younger generation. Looking forward to my nieces being old enough to see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"