Fan trailer for retro 90s Justice League movie

That would have been an epic film that my 14 year old self ( that's how old I was in 1993), would have been all over.

While it doesn't feature as many of the JLA characters as alot of fans would want, I actually like the idea of a first film just featuring a few characters founding the group.

And truthfully, the GA of 1993 would be just blown away at having a film with those characters together , so I doubt there'd be complaining that it didn't feature Green Lantern, Aquaman, or Martian Manhunter.

Imagine it, a film with

Chris Reeve
Michael Keaton
Lynda Carter
John Wesley Shipp
Jack Nicholson
Gene Hackman

Great Trailer.

Saw this come up on my FB feed and it just hit a very emotional note for me, I genuinely shed a tear on it. Really good vibes from it.

This is ridiculously cool but they missed an opportunity by not including Mark Hamill's Trickster. They need some more villains to tip the scale and Mark Hamill is a DC legend in his own right.

It's a shame Lynda didn't have any iconic villains on her Wonder Woman show.

But yeah, they definitely need more villains. Batman beat the Joker on his own and Superman beat Lex more than once. So what's gonna happen when they also have Wonder Woman, Supergirl, and Flash?

Maybe they could've gotten Zod from Superman II and Penguin from Batman Returns in there too.

THIS is the kind of team-up I've always desired for DC. They actually got Helen Slater on it too.
By 1993, they could even convince Adam West to play a minor role.
It could have been a multiverse plot there somewhere.

I just wet my pants.

But for it to work, they must have slightly modernizised the outfits by Reeve/Slater/Carter.
And give the film the same pace as other 90s actioners.
JP came 93 and two years prior T2. Which means the special effects development could have made it possible.

My Justice League 90s lineup would definitely be a lot more different

Alec Baldwin as Bruce Wayne/Batman
Catherine Zeta Jones as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman

Will Smith as Victor Stone/Cyborg
Leonardo DiCaprio as Barry Allen/Flash
Brad Pitt as Arthur Curry/Aquaman
Billy Campbell as Clark Kent/Kal El/Superman

You know, if there was anyone who could’ve made me give a **** about Cyborg, it would’ve been Will Smith.

This is ridiculously cool but they missed an opportunity by not including Mark Hamill's Trickster. They need some more villains to tip the scale and Mark Hamill is a DC legend in his own right.

It's a shame Lynda didn't have any iconic villains on her Wonder Woman show.

But yeah, they definitely need more villains. Batman beat the Joker on his own and Superman beat Lex more than once. So what's gonna happen when they also have Wonder Woman, Supergirl, and Flash?

Maybe they could've gotten Zod from Superman II and Penguin from Batman Returns in there too.

I would say the trailer and the film in theory, is about as close as it would have been in 1993.

A JL made in Hollywood circa 1991-1992 ,would be very different from what fan expectations of what a JL film today are.

There was a much different mindset about Cbm 'sin general in the 80s and 90s.

Back then, less was more ,and they cared more about trying to keep these type of films scaled down in terms of characters , scope, and cost, as opposed to going all out like they do today.

They were also less concerned about trying to stay true to the comics or replicate the comics , so a JL film with just Joker and Lex as the heavies, would probably be about as far as they would go back then. That's assuming they would be willing to pay the hefty salaries for Nicholson and Hackman.

If WB could get Nicholson and Hackman back, they really wouldn't have cared about the Trickster or more villains for the other heroes.

They also probably would just stick to a few heroes. Given the limitations of the early 90s, the trailer is a pretty good representation of what we likely would have gotten given the context of the time.

That's why it works so well for someone like me who was around back then.

What could have been in our universe. Hope this happened in a parallel universe. I've always dreamed of these four teaming up against Gene Hackman and Jack Nicholson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"