You say Justice League movie is going to suck? Why?

yes it is a live action film.

So it has been confirmed as a live action film? That's just great. Hopefully they won't be cheap with the budget and give everyone neutral colored costumes like X-Men.

Did WB put Superman in black leather? No, and they haven't tried to since about 1995. I doubt the JLA will lack colorful costumes.

i think the JLA will have all classic suits.

It'll be interesting to see who gets the costume designer gig.

live action?
mark my word this does not bode well.
I see plastic suits and nipples as far as the eye can see. we will all be very confused and angry before all is said and done

There is no problem with Batman joining the league, other than the opinion and misconception that Nolan's movie is too "realistic" to fit into the Justice League universe. Batman Begins is science fiction. What else do you call "memory cloth" gliding wings, roof-jumping cars, and a microwave weapon that can vaporize water in a wide area but magically not harm people standing right next to it? BB may be better at conveying an appearance of realism, but it's just an appearance. It's verisimilitude, not realism.

Batman being in the JL has been controversial with Batfans since the '60's. Nolan's movies are not even relevant to putting Batman in a JL movie or making his parcipitation logical and vital.

You can hate the OMAC storyline, but take time to realize why the premise would appeal to DC:

1. Bats has launched a private satellite to keep track of the emerging metas of the DCU and has learned much about some of them. When he loses control of the satellite he hacks into it and gets access to files and programming he knows nothing about. He also learns that the OMACs are linked to whoever is now controlling the satellite.

It is logical that he would feel compelled to reach out to heroes he feels he has enough information on to get in contact with. It makes his participation in a group full of super-powered heroes organic and believable.

2. It's a good device to introduce WW, Flash, GL, AM and MM by showing their individual acts of heroism, and then are all attacked by the OMACs, and unlike lesser heroes, they all beat the 'bots.

3. Bat's greatest strengths (ignored in BB) come to the fore as he reaches the heroes and then brings them together, and then ultimately sussing out the true threat.

We've all seen the false rumors, but the initial rumor about the lineup and the OMAC's make sense to me and am happy about. I just can't believe no one's really thought about how the OMACs can help with the intro of the JL without needing to be scene-stealing secondary villains.

Nolan's Batman films aren't even going to affect Justice League of America and the Justice League movie isn't gong to affect Nolan's Batman films.

Justice League of America, Nolan's Batman films, and the Donner/Singer Superman films are in separate continuities. Although there has been some expressed interest in combining the Batman and Superman continuitites, nothing is set in stone on that one.

Personally I don't like the choice of villains: Maxwell Lord and the OMACs. And possibly Talia. I'd rather see the Justice League fight Darkseid or the White Martians

I agree about Maxwell Lord, the OMACS, and Taila being the villains isn't a good choice. I feel that the only reason why Warner Brors. wants the OMACS being the villains is because they want the JL movie be like Transformers. I think the Legion of Doom, Darkseid, the White Martians, or even Imperiex would be better choices for villains in a JL flim.

There is no problem with Batman joining the league, other than the opinion and misconception that Nolan's movie is too "realistic" to fit into the Justice League universe. Batman Begins is science fiction. What else do you call "memory cloth" gliding wings, roof-jumping cars, and a microwave weapon that can vaporize water in a wide area but magically not harm people standing right next to it? BB may be better at conveying an appearance of realism, but it's just an appearance. It's verisimilitude, not realism.

According to the special edition DVD extra features, the Memory Cloth cape is real, but not yet ready for prime time. The Tumbler's rooftop stunts were genuine car stunts, done in the warehouse sets rather than on location in Chicago, but otherwise genuine stunts with no (offscreen) ramps and no CGI except for rachel's halcuinations.

I will concede the microwave weapon, though.

I personally don't mind Bats in the League, but Bale and Nolan together have set a rather high standard. If they can't convince Bale, then the person they do get has to be every bit as good as him or better. I'm not so sure that can happen.

The biggest problem I have with this film is that it looks so expensive (at least on paper) that if it flops (and there are far more ways it can fail than succede) it will destroy any chance of anyone in the DC superhero universe other than Supes or Bats having their own film.

There is only one result for this movie. The fan boys will hate the **** out of this movie & the Kids & General Audience will eat it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"