FANDANGO POLL:"X3 Stars Most Likely To Draw Fans This Summer"

Lightning Strykez!

Former Mod On Pension Pay
Reaction score
Moviegoers Are Hot to 'Fandango' with Bankables Depp & Knightley, Breakout Stars Ashmore & Rossum

LOS ANGELES, April 21 /PRNewswire/ -- Fandango, the nation's largest
online, phone and mobile movie ticketing service, is breaking out its first
"Fandango Hot List", the result of a nationwide moviegoer poll which ranks
the established ("The Bankables") and up-and-coming ("The Breakouts") stars most likely to draw fans to movie theaters this summer.

Commandeering the top spot as the #1 Male Summer Bankable is Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest's Captain Jack Sparrow himself, Johnny Depp, followed by stalwarts, The Da Vinci Code's Tom Hanks (#2), Pirates' co-star Orlando Bloom (#3), X-Men: The Last Stand's Hugh Jackman (#4) , and The Break-Up's Vince Vaughn (#5).

Taking no prisoners, another Pirates cast member grabs the #1 spot for Top Female Summer Bankable: Oscar-nominated actress Keira Knightley. Rounding out the Top 5 for Female Bankables are hotly-anticipated performers X-Men: The Last Stand's Storm, Halle Berry (#2), The Break-Up's Jennifer Aniston (#3), the romantic drama The Lake House's Sandra Bullock (#4), and X-Men's Dr. Jean Grey, Famke Janssen (#5).

Among the up-and-coming stars, X-Men's Iceman, Shawn Ashmore, freezes out the competition for the top spot as #1 Male Summer Breakout. Rounding out the Top Five are Superman Returns' Brandon Routh (#2), X-Men's Pyro, Aaron Stanford (#3) and Adrian Grenier, best known as the star of HBO's Entourage, for his performance in The Devil Wears Prada (#4). Tied for the #5 slot are "Da Ali G Show"'s Sacha Baron Cohen, for his role in the Will Ferrell NASCAR comedy Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, and hip-hop star Bow Wow for The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift.

The #1 Female Summer Breakout goes to Emmy Rossum, best-known for her roles in Mystic River, The Day After Tomorrow and Phantom of the Opera, sinking the competition with her role in Poseidon. Rounding out the Top 5 Female Breakouts are Michelle Monaghan, who drew raves in last year's Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, for Mission: Impossible III (#2), ingenue Bryce Dallas Howard for M. Night Shyamalan's Lady in the Water (#3), TV's Veronica Mars,
Kristen Bell, for the thriller Pulse (#4) and R&B singer Christina Milian, also for her role in Pulse (#5).

The "Fandango Hot List" respondents were asked the question, "Which stars are you most looking forward to seeing in a movie this summer?" The lists were separated by established stars ("The Summer Bankables") and up-and-coming stars ("The Summer Breakouts") and by gender. The online survey took place in April, with thousands of Fandango moviegoers participating.

"The 'Fandango Hot List' shows the pull of star power and a desire for diversity at the movie theaters this summer, and obviously audiences are excited about both," says Fandango Film Commentator Kim Morgan. "Seeking big names like Tom Hanks, Jennifer Aniston, five of the stars of X-3, as well as more breakout and eclectic talent like Sacha Baron Cohen, the 'Fandango Hot List' reveals the varied types of movies and actors the ticket-buying audience wants to watch. And I am especially happy to see one of my favorites, Vince Vaughn, crack the top five male bankables."

For a quick list of the top ten winners in each category, please see
below:

THE SUMMER BANKABLES / Established Stars:
Males:
1. Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest)
2. Tom Hanks (The Da Vinci Code)
3. Orlando Bloom (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest)
4. Hugh Jackman (X-Men: The Last Stand)
5. Vince Vaughn (The Break-Up)
6. Tom Cruise (Mission: Impossible III)
7. Nicolas Cage (World Trade Center)
8. Adam Sandler (Click)
9. Samuel L. Jackson (Snakes on a Plane)
10. Jack Black (Nacho Libre)

Females:
1. Keira Knightley (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest)
2. Halle Berry (X-Men: The Last Stand)
3. Jennifer Aniston (The Break-Up)
4. Sandra Bullock (The Lake House)
5. Famke Janssen (X-Men: The Last Stand)
6. Kate Hudson (You, Me and Dupree)
7. Audrey Tautou (The Da Vinci Code)
8. Uma Thurman (My Super Ex-Girlfriend)
9. Kate Beckinsale (Click)
10. Meryl Streep (The Devil Wears Prada)

THE SUMMER BREAKOUTS / Up-and-Coming Stars:
Males:
1. Shawn Ashmore (X-Men: The Last Stand)
2. Brandon Routh (Superman Returns)
3. Aaron Stanford (X-Men: The Last Stand)
4. Adrian Grenier (The Devil Wears Prada)
5.(TIE) Sacha Baron Cohen (Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby)
and Bow Wow (The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift)
7. Michael Pena (World Trade Center)
8. Ian Somerhalder (Pulse)
9. Lucas Black (The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift)
10. Kenan Thompson (Snakes on a Plane)

Females:
1. Emmy Rossum (Poseidon)
2. Michelle Monaghan (Mission: Impossible III)
3. Bryce Dallas Howard (Lady in the Water)
4. Kristen Bell (Pulse)
5. Christina Milian (Pulse)
6. Ashanti (John Tucker Must Die)
7. Jacinda Barrett (Poseidon)
8. Brittany Snow (John Tucker Must Die)
9. Naomie Harris (Miami Vice)
10. Ana de la Reguera (Nacho Libre)

About Fandango
Fandango, the nation's largest movie ticketing service, sells tickets
to more than 13,600 screens and 1,150 theaters (nearly 70 percent of
theaters in the U.S. enabled for remote ticketing) and to four out of the
five largest U.S. theater circuits (according to National Association of
Theater Owners, June 2005). One of the Web's top movie destinations
(according to Nielsen//NetRatings), Fandango allows moviegoers to read
reviews, view trailers, quickly select a film, plan where and when to see
it, and buy tickets up to 45 days in advance. Fandango is available at
http://www.fandango.com, 1-800-FANDANGO and via your wireless mobile device
at mobile.fandango.com.

Fandango theater partners include the nation's leading exhibitors:
Carmike Cinemas, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, Edwards Theatres,
Loews Cineplex Entertainment, Regal Cinemas and United Artists Theatres, as
well as American Cinematheque, Brenden Theatres, CineArts Theatres,
Cineplex Odeon Cinemas, Cobb Theatres, Colorado Cinemas, Crown Theatres,
Flagship Theatres, Kerasotes Theatres, Magic Johnson, Majestic Crest
Theatre, R/C Theatres, Signature Theatres, Star Theatres, Wallace Theaters
and Wehrenberg Theatres.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4344704&EDATE=

Narrows posted this in another thread but I thought it deserved one of its own--it really shows how much anticipation is out there for this film. And for those who complain about why certain actors and actresses are used so much in the publicity for X3....well, this can shed light on what studios are thinking too. :cool:

Wanna know how i was drawn into X-Men? well since the night i saw the teaser... it was Famke's Jean grey (and her too) that drew me into the BEST COMIC MOVIE Franchise. :) And Famke is at #5 and Halle at #2. and Hugh #4

yeah and mainly the whole cast drew me right into the heart of X-Men. :) :up:

iceman must have a much MUCH bigger role than i was expecting. man i feel stupid =P

Yes, I saw this, too, in another thread and it deserves its own thread. ;) I can't believe it, really. I was actually happy to see Shawn Ashmore above Brandon Routh and Aaron Stanford just below him. :up:

And Keira Knightley above Halle Berry? :o

I don't like Knightley. But I know A LOT of guys who do.

I'm shocked Famke made the list. :)

Well, aside from the obvious blasphemy of Famke not being #1...*takes a deep breath*...that's great news. Especially Aaron and Shawn, that was a pleasant surprise.

Famke has a ways to go in her career to be number 1 on ANY bankable list.

Keira has flat boobs.

*runs away*

Come on, she does.

Anyway, back on topic. Only Hugh Jackman on the Most Bankable Actor? What about Ian McKellen?

nothing on james ?! he'll be in 2 of the biggest movies of the summer. but then again the poll was dubbed "bankable" so it is only right for hugh to be in there.. and lets face it in x3, he wont have much screen presence (dead or alive) and louis is just going to ditch his character in superman .. poor james, its the notebook all over again.

good for shawn and aaron .. especially to shawn for being #1 and ofcourse to famke. at least for halle, x3 will wash away some of that bad taste from catwoman. congrats to all

Speaking of Lois, I would've thought that the actress who's playing her (her name is escaping me right now) in Superman Returns to be on that list. I'm also surprised that Brandon Routh is not No. 1--he's a central character in that film. I don't think Shawn Ashmore's role will be anything near the size of Brandon's part in SR.

Go Hugh! :up:

And he was TWO movies coming out this summer...narrows posted on the Wolverine thread that his Woody Allen movie "Scoop" is being released in July. :)

The Fandago people must be X-Men people. Go, you Fandango people! :D

Lightning Strikez! said:
Speaking of Lois, I would've thought that the actress who's playing her (her name is escaping me right now) in Superman Returns to be on that list. I'm also surprised that Brandon Routh is not No. 1--he's a central character in that film. I don't think Shawn Ashmore's role will be anything near the size of Brandon's part in SR.

ofcourse, he is superman hehe. but they prolly seen a pic of him in the costume and thought about one of their friends on haloween 2003 and laughed

How did Shawn beat Brandon?

Awesome to see Aaron on the list, too :up:

Lightning Strikez! said:

Don't worry, it's only 1 list. ;)

i thought it would be kelsey grammer or rebbecca......:(

I think the list is a good indicator of the movies people want to see rather than the supposed bankability of the stars.
I deduce the movie list to be

Pirates 2
The Da Vinci Code
X3
The Breakup
MI:3
Superman Returns (though it's hard to place because it doesn't have) a name actor)

Lightning Strikez! said:

I believe those who participated have at least seen x2. Iceman and Pyro have their moments there. On the case of Brandon, people I know who're excited about Superman do not even know who's playing the role. As for Halle and Knightley, I'm pretty confident that Halle is more popular than Knightley esp. if in the survey the only choices are these two and no pictures included. In a radio station survey here in our place, though I don't know which movie won, the fight is between Pirates and X3. Many people have made up their minds not to see Da Vinci Code.

Pffft, Ellen should be in the summer breakouts list for females. With Hard Candy and Kitty in X-Men, she's going to burst onto the scene in some style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"