World Fantastic Four Crossover on 1990s Spidey Cartoon

TMC1982

Sidekick
Reaction score
The Fantastic Four showed up in the Secret Wars three parter during the fifth season. They along with Iron Man, Storm (the original voice of Storm, Iona Morris provided her voice instead of Alison Sealy-Smith), and Captain America come to Spidey's aid. They managed to get Robert Hays (the voice of Iron Man) and James Avery (the voice of War Machine from the first season of the "Iron Man" program) to reprise their parts. They also managed to get the entire cast of "X-Men" to cross-over on "Spider-Man" for two episodes.

However, when it comes to the Fantastic Four, they were only able to get Quinton Flynn, the voice of Johnny Storm (the Human Torch) from Season 2 of the "Fantastic Four" series. For whatever the reasons, Chuck McCann (the Thing), Beau Weaver (Mr. Fantastic), and Lori Alan (the Invisible Woman) are nowhere to be found. Plus, the team is wearing their "Heroes Reborn" uniforms, instead of the uniforms that they wore (even though, I'm aware that the "Spider-Man" series and the "Fantastic Four" series used different animation houses) their own TV series.

http://hometown.aol.com/drg4/semper.html
DRG4: Also about the Secret Wars, how come you guys didn't get the rest of the FF voice cast? It was really disappointing to hear only Quinton Flynn's familiar voice and not the rest.

John Semper: I HATED that show and most of the cast that came with it. I think we recast it better.

I wish that Semper would've put his ego aside and invited Beau Weaver, Chuck McCann, and Lori Alan to reprise their parts on "Spider-Man" (especially if it's okay for Robert Hays to continue playing Iron Man). At the very least, it would've been nice to further strengthen the continuity between shows. To me, that's an utter slap in the face to people who actually liked the Fantastic Four's own show. While many folks believe that the first season of the Fantastic Four series was underwhelming, there's no question that the second season was a vast improvement (with better, more mature writing, classier music, and sleeker animation).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"