Fantastic Four TV series to debut on Cartoon Network!

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
Kind of cool to go along with all the Lionsgate DVD's too!

Breaking News

Cartoon Captures Fantastic Four

By John Eggerton -- Broadcasting & Cable, 3/15/2006 8:20:00 PM

Cartoon Network will air Marvel's new animated Fantastic Four series, which is targeted for a fall 2006 debut.

The series will be co-produced by Marvel and Moonscoop (Cartoon's Code Lyoko). Fantastic Four, about four super heroes, will combine 2D and 3D animation. The four, Mr. Fantastic, Human Torch, The Invisible Woman, and The Thing, were the subject of a 2005 theatrical film and an animated 1960s TV series.

Cartoon's commitment is to 26 half-hour episodes. Cartoon already has a deal to carry the series internationally.

Marvel will do its part to spread the word about the Four with a licensing program including toys, interactive entertainment and apparel.

Damn I e-mailed it to SHH's front page and they posted it on the same minute I posted it here. Bastaches!!! I get no respect. :( Hopefully my Arabic Spidey story will give me credit. LOL

This thing has had the stink on it since the first pathetic "anime" inspired images were released. Yeah, it looks really "hardcore" and "awesome!" :mad:
As a lifelong fan, I do hope my gut feeling on this thing is wrong. But having witnessed the many Marvel-ous trainwrecks overseen by unqualified caretakers like Avi Arad and Quesada, I think I have a pretty good idea what we're in for.

:eek: 6-11 YEAR OLDS??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO CURSE YOU CARTOONN DUMBASS NETWORK!!! You guys simply cancel JL and replace it with this..... the absurdity of it all!:down :mad:

ObakeTora said:
:eek: 6-11 YEAR OLDS??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO CURSE YOU CARTOONN DUMBASS NETWORK!!! You guys simply cancel JL and replace it with this..... the absurdity of it all!:down :mad:

i don't remember reading that in the article.....but ummmmm ok?????

JMAfan said:
i don't remember reading that in the article.....but ummmmm ok?????

Yep, it's on the SHH homepage:
A co-production of Marvel Studios and the French animation company Moonscoop, Fantastic Four will premiere as a weekly series on Cartoon in the fall. Cartoon has commissioned 26 episodes of the series, which is aimed at 6- to 11-year-olds.

Malus said:
Yep, it's on the SHH homepage:
A co-production of Marvel Studios and the French animation company Moonscoop, Fantastic Four will premiere as a weekly series on Cartoon in the fall. Cartoon has commissioned 26 episodes of the series, which is aimed at 6- to 11-year-olds.

Thats not what I'm talking about...I'm talking about the fact that it replaced JL...???? I don't see that....

I would assume on a "daily" cartoon on the "cartoon network" that the audience would be predominantly 6 -- 11 year olds...:) Now if it were at night that would be a different story...

WTF is wrong with some of you. Does every Marvel released cartoon have to appeal to your age bracket. LMFAO Give me a break. Marvel just released the feature film and a sequel is on the way, not to mention all the other movies, and the PG-13 animated lions gate films. You have to realize Marvel is also trying to make new fans and they can't be marketing PG-13 material to 6 year olds. They must target some projects to the younger audience and that doesn't mean you have to watch it or critque it as if it's meant for you to view or as if every product should be for all ages. That's not very smart business sense if they did that. Look at the Lego Star Wars games, cartoon, etc...They're huge sellers but nobody would expect someone over 15 to give it high marks.

Advanced Dark said:
WTF is wrong with some of you. Does every Marvel released cartoon have to appeal to your age bracket. LMFAO Give me a break. Marvel just released the feature film and a sequel is on the way, not to mention all the other movies, and the PG-13 animated lions gate films. You have to realize Marvel is also trying to make new fans and they can't be marketing PG-13 material to 6 year olds. They must target some projects to the younger audience and that doesn't mean you have to watch it or critque it as if it's meant for you to view or as if every product should be for all ages. That's not very smart business sense if they did that. Look at the Lego Star Wars games, cartoon, etc...They're huge sellers but nobody would expect someone over 15 to give it high marks.

Some of you???? I count 1 up there....:o :up:

JMAfan said:

I'm going to tune in for the 1st week, and see how it is. I enjoyed the cartoons growing up, since that was all there was, outside the comics. Got the film now, and the DC sometime, then the sequel. To coin a pharase happy, happy, joy, joy. Ya all are too serious.

Advanced Dark said:

Worked before did it not?

JMAfan said:

I'm not just referring to this thread. There were other threads regarding this series when it was first annouced and the stills first annouced where people were complaining and *****ing. Maybe I should have been more clear. :o

Advanced Dark said:
I'm not just referring to this thread. There were other threads regarding this series when it was first annouced and the stills first annouced where people were complaining and *****ing. Maybe I should have been more clear. :o

As far as the threads about it in this forum...most have complained about the look....i don't know that anyone around here had any idea of the specific age group until now.....cartoons are cartoons to me at this stage in my life....LOL....i don't really care....but i have to admit the artwork that i saw was pretty crappy....but thats just my opinion....

Noooooooooo,
i don't want a animated tv serie but a live action tv serie,please Avi Arad & Stan Lee,a FANTASTIC FOUR live action tv serie .

Hi

spiderman30 said:
Noooooooooo,
i don't want a animated tv serie but a live action tv serie,please Avi Arad & Stan Lee,a FANTASTIC FOUR live action tv serie .

Hi

I think you fail to realize just how crappy the end result would be.

^Seriously.

I can't wait to see the cartoon though:up:

Kmack said:
^Seriously.

I can't wait to see the cartoon though:up:

I'm more interested in the Hellboy animated movies that are coming out.

Another Fantastic Four cartoon? I don't know, the first one was terrible.

Well more than likely due to the age group it will be filled with silly dumbed down storys. Why cant it be like the 90s where they had good writeing kids and adults could like. The animation looks like crap but I will check out the first episode at least. Still hope it gets cancelled.

Advanced Dark said:
WTF is wrong with some of you. Does every Marvel released cartoon have to appeal to your age bracket. Marvel just released the feature film and a sequel is on the way, not to mention all the other movies, and the PG-13 animated lions gate films. You have to realize Marvel is also trying to make new fans and they can't be marketing PG-13 material to 6 year olds. They must target some projects to the younger audience and that doesn't mean you have to watch it or critque it as if it's meant for you to view or as if every product should be for all ages. That's not very smart business sense if they did that.

Okay, let's talk "business sense."
I don't expect it to be aimed at my "age bracket." That's ridiculous. (About as ridiculous as today's average comics reader being a 27-year old male:( ) They can aim the damn thing at 2 year olds for all I care; I want kids to love these characters, too. It's this bastardized execution that disturbs me. Changing the uniforms so drastically is just flat-out stupid. From a marketing perspective, it makes zero sense. Marvel's supposed to be solidifying a new franchise, a new brand. But just when the world has barely come to recognize the familiar blue uniforms, these idiots go and change those same uniforms for no apparent reason. And spray painting a "4" on the Thing? WTF indeed.
I wouldn't even mind the lame anime look so much, if it was a stylistic interpretation of the classic FF look. That's not what they've done here.

Superman wears a red cape. Batman has pointed ears on his mask. Spider-man is red and blue. These are things you just don't screw with; not if you expect your characters to take hold in the public's minds and endure for over half a century.

Changing costumes is something they can do in the comics with little effect because a.) It's always a temporary thing and b.) A very insignificant number of people read comics nowadays. Statistically they may as well not even exist. Millions worldwide have seen the FF movie and -eventually- millions worldwide will see this new cartoon. But scarcely more than 100,000 people (if it's still that many) read the actual FF comic, or any other comic. That's so pathetically miniscule (compared to the million-selling comics of the 40's) that publishers have to "shake things up" with costume changes and other nonsense out of desperation, just to keep their tiny readerships from dwindling further.

Even I can see where some "re-imagining" has helped make the new Batman cartoon series more interesting to many fans. But let's face it, the Joker is a very well-established character, very recognizable, even in his new funky form on "The Batman." But you don't see them screwing around with the actual Batman much, do you? You don't see him sporting a snazzy orange cape in any of his cartoon or film incarnations, do you? Of course not. Because Warner Brothers understands the value of maintaining their characters' visuals. They're practically etched in stone, and for good reason. For crying out loud, I think President Bush Sr. had to sign a bill into law that would allow Robin to wear long pants.:rolleyes:
And I still can't fathom how the rubber Bat-nipples ever got onscreen, but I think most of us agree now that it was a terrible, terrible mistake. Any fan who caught George Clooney's interview a few weeks ago had to be gritting their teeth.

Admittedly, nothing could be worse than the Thing's "Clobberin' Time" rap in that godawful 1994 FF cartoon. And I'm certainly hoping for better than that with this new series.
But drastic changes to basic character designs is a foolish move.
That's just my opinion. I could be wrong.
But I really doubt it.

^ That's a different story. Can't argue with you on some of your points though I'm sure marketing executives did their own studies and figured these changes would be more pleasing or acceptable to today's kids. Hopefully it'll bring more money in for the FF franchise for Marvel and me. :)

So when will the show air? Any cartoon pics of Torch. I have seen the toy pics. Do you guys think it will be any good?

i agree w/ you Malus, the thing is....if that few people are reading the comics...and that many more are going to watch the cartoon....is it a costume change to all of those kids that have never read the comic? They've never seen the costume, except in the movie...so a drastic costume change from that would be noticeable....i don't like the look of the new cartoon either....but thats just my opinion on the look of it....its actually quite ugly in my opinion...i would have liked more of a look from the MK series of F4...

I was initially very disappointed in the designs and summary when i first saw them, as i was hoping for something a bit more edgy, along the lines of Batman:TAS or Justice league, but on further consideration, i dont mind it being geared towards the younger fan.

Teen Titans has been very successful, so it's apparent Marvel is going for the same audience.

And that's ok.

In order for the characters to "live on", younger people are going to have to be catered to every bit as much as old jaded bastards (like me, lol).

If this toon increases the movie's audience and even picks up a few new readers for the comics, then that's a GOOD thing, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"