Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (Is this the new title)

phoenixflight

Amazing Amazon
Reaction score
Fantastic Four 2: Now Casting (from F4movies.com)
Thursday, July 27, 2006

Site visitor Isabelle has written in to let us know that casting calls have gone out for two roles in Fantastic Four 2.

General Hager: described as a "tough, confident U.S. military man", and his

Young Female Aide: her "20's, female, a head turner, whip-smart, brave military aide".

Isabelle also pointed us to the fact that the title of the movie listed with these casting calls is Fantastic Four - Rise of the Silver Surfer. Whether or not this is the final title is yet to be confirmed, but it could be the current title they have given the movie.

Interesting if that is a new title. It is an ok title. It sounds comic bookish. My primary concern is with a title like this, it sounds almost as if the Surfer will steal too much screentime from the FF, thus lessening the family aspects of the characters.

Yes I would love this title instead of the Fantastic Four and The Silver Surfer what a gay name but I would prefer it just to be called Fantastic Four 2 but I see that's not going to happen so I pick Rise of The Silver Surfer.

And just what the hell is he "rising" from?
I greatly dislike this title. For crying out loud, it sounds like the Surfer is getting aroused.

What's wrong with "Fantastic Four vs the Silver Surfer?"

"Rise of the Silver Surfer." :rolleyes: Jeez.

I like this title a lot more the other rumored ones.

WTH IS HE RISING FROM OR TOO!?!?! IT ISN'T POWER SINCE THAT WOULD BE GALACTUS'S JOB!!!

lol sorry.

Spider-Fan930 said:
Interesting if that is a new title. It is an ok title. It sounds comic bookish. My primary concern is with a title like this, it sounds almost as if the Surfer will steal too much screentime from the FF, thus lessening the family aspects of the characters.

Well, of course he will steal too much screen time from them. Even if his name wasn't in the title, if he is in the movie, you better believe they will take a lot of the focus off of the FF. Sadly, I don't have a lot of reason to get my hopes up for anything different.

It's sad that the Silver Surfer is the focus of a FF movie.

^ that's what has me worried.

edit- but it's too soon to make that assumption.

It's ok,no worse then the one they have and better than the next chapter IMO
Whats with the army casting though ?:confused:

gambitfire said:
^ that's what has me worried.

edit- but it's too soon to make that assumption.

Well, the title of the film revolves around the Silver Surfer, so it's safe to say much of the focus is on him. I know he plays a part in the history of the FF, but I think it's lame to bring in such a powerful character (that will probably carry the movie) for the sequel to a lackluster original.

hunter rider said:
It's ok,no worse then the one they have and better than the next chapter IMO
Whats with the army casting though ?:confused:

My guess is the Surfer arrives on Earth and starts zipping around showing off how powerful he is. The Army would naturally take an interest in that, kinda the way they did with the Hulk.
I'm not sure if the Army was shown in the first Galactus story or not...Much of that took place atop the Baxter Building. They were definitely all over the place the second time the Big G showed up, in FF #120-123. (I know, he reappeared a few times in between, but #120-123 was the first time he reappeared with epicurean intentions.) :)

UPDATE
Fox's official Hong Kong site posted this.

Fantastic Four and the Rise of Silver Surfer
Release Date: Jun 2007
上映日期: 2007年6月

Source: http://www.foxmovies.com.hk/

Hmmmm, very interesting! Good find :D

Just saw that IMDB are listing "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer" as the title as well now. I will see if I can confirm this.

That aint worse then what it was :p I could go with it

It's waaaay too wordy. Jeezopeets, why can't they simplify this to...oh, I dunno...Fantastic Four II? :p

Anyways, it's good to see everyone back!

Lightning Strikez! said:
It's waaaay too wordy. Jeezopeets, why can't they simplify this to...oh, I dunno...Fantastic Four II? :p

Anyways, it's good to see everyone back!

Good to see you back too! :D

And I agree, its very wordy. What I like about Fantastic Four 2, or even Fantastic Four 2: Doomsday is how short and sweet they are.

"Rise" from WHAT?
He arrives, he descends, he zips around...
This title makes it sound like he's fighting his way up from poverty or becoming "cosmically aroused." :rolleyes:

I've felt fairly indifferent to the titles so far, but I dislike this one intensely.

hunter rider said:
Maybe it refers to his rise to power

Well, if it shows his origin, okay...
Or if they depict him "lording it over" the human race, which seems unlikely...

Grow a brain, FOX:
Fantastic Four: Doomsday

We all know you're pushing the Surfer with this movie, but don't shoehorn him into the title if it doesn't work.

This title more than ever makes me think that Galactus will be in the third movie as the big finish for their trilogy. I am assuming they are going for a trilogy again, as it seems pretty much all movies are these days.

mattc said:
This title more than ever makes me think that Galactus will be in the third movie as the big finish for their trilogy. I am assuming they are going for a trilogy again, as it seems pretty much all movies are these days.

That seems to be the general consensus.
So perhaps "Doomsday" would be a more appropriate title for FF3.

Still hate "Rise."

What's wrong with "Fantastic Four vs The Silver Surfer??"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"