Fantasy casting for the Marvel U...

kedrell

Fork&SpoonOperator
Reaction score
This is not a regular casting thread. It's fantasy, and by that I mean you can pick whoever you like(living/too old/dead doesn't matter) who's an actor to play a charcter from the Marvel universe onscreen. It should be a fun kind of "What if..." thing.

My two that I was thinking of:
1. Wolverine played by Mel Gibson. Age-wise Gibson would have been right for the role between the Mad Max trilogy and before the Lethal Weapon series started(30-35 range) and also this would be before he became too well known a star. He's short(er) than Jackman, he's hairy, he had charisma and could play a guy who goes ****-nuts in a fight like nobody's business.

2.Magneto played by Laurence Olivier when he was the age he was at when he was in Spartacus. Age range I'm guessing to be 45-50, somewhere in there. As far as acting goes, puh-leese, it's Olivier! He could do anything when it came to acting.

Anyone else have any fantasy picks that will never be possible but are fun to speculate about anyway? Come on, it's fun!:woot:

matt damon was what i thought too.. affleck was just miscast.

Speaking of, i was so pissed about Jalba as sue storm so i started brain storming..

I think SANDRA HESS (sonya in MK2 movie) would be a perfect sue storm. anyone agree?

id say gwynneth paltrow as sue
ryan seacreast =danny rand/iron fist
reese witherspoon =the wasp
jennifer garner =ms marvel

Ryan O'neal circa 'What's Up Doc?' as Matt Murdock. Looked just like Gene Colan's version. I had also thought of Gibson as Logan. Jeff Goldblum circa '9 Months' as Dr. Strange.

id say gwynneth paltrow as sue
ryan seacreast =danny rand/iron fist
reese witherspoon =the wasp
jennifer garner =ms marvel
ryan seacrest? please stop casting, you will make the world a better place

:oldrazz:

For today:

Matt Damon as Captain America
Paul Bettany as The Red Skull

Some good choices here. Remember you don't have to limit yourself to modern actors and such. That said here's another couple:

Errol Flynn as Dr. Strange

Clark Gable as Tony Stark(though you gotta wonder how he'd get that helmet on with those ears of his).

the only semi good one is paltrow as Sue
Gardner and reese would suck as wasp and ms.marvel, sorry

Max Punisher: Sylvestor Stallone

Captain America: jason Lewis

Red Skull: Jeremy Irons

Shang-Chi: Jason scott Lee

Namor: Donnie Yen, or if they go for the ultimate look: David Boreanaz

M.O.D.O.K: Voiced by Tim Curry

Guy Pierce would have been a much better choice for bullseye I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"