Far Cry

Its a shame. So many unrealized brilliant filmmakers, and this untalented hack keeps getting the movies made. The only difference between Bay and Boll is that Bay gets money to make his pieces of crap.

:huh: Bay movies can actually make back profit...Boll's can't.

Its a shame. So many unrealized brilliant filmmakers, and this untalented hack keeps getting the movies made. The only difference between Bay and Boll is that Bay gets money to make his pieces of crap.

Boll gets money to through his loophole of german taxes.

Yeah, but the game producer's have to give their titles over for a cost and be willing to do as such.

Yes, Bay movies do make cash. But why? Because he throws money at SFX, explosions, and CGI. People don't see Bay movies for the story, characterization, or acting. They see them because stuff blows up.

Ok, so Boll is one rung below Bay. I think Bay thinks he's a good filmmaker and may actually try, whereas Boll doesn't care...he's only interested in getting money.

Boll gets money to through his loophole of german taxes.

Yeah, I know. He actually gets profit from films when they flop since its some sort of weird tax write-off. They changed that now so maybe we'll see much less of Boll.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/796/796892p1.html

Far Cry Starts Filming
More cast in Uwe Boll's next game-to-film.
by IGN Staff

US, June 15, 2007 - Principal photography begins today on Boll KG and Brightlight Pictures' $30 million dollar action adventure Far Cry, based on Ubisofts/Crytek's bestselling first person shooter video game of the same name.

Til Schweiger (King Arthur) stars in the role of the charismatic ex-elite soldier Jack Carver, Emmanuelle Vaugier (Blonde & Blonder, CSI:NY) will play reporter Valerie Cardinal and Craig Fairbrass (The Bank Job) has been cast as Parker.

Udo Kier (Grindhouse, Blade, BloodRayne) will reign as the evil and arrogant Dr. Krieger, the obsessive madman behind many mysteries and deadly secrets of the Krieger Corporation and its creature. Natalia Avelon, Ralf Moeller, Michael Pare (Eddie and the Cruisers), Michael Eklund, Don Davis, Jay Brazeau and Chris Coppola (Postal) round out the cast.

Far Cry is filming in and around Vancouver and the greater Vancouver area. Dan Clarke and Shawn Williamson are the producers. Uwe Boll directs, while his director of photography Mathias Neumann is once again behind the camera. Other key crew members include production designer Tink and costume designer Carla Hetland. The screenplay was written by Michael Roesch, Peter Scheerer and Masaji Takei. Original music will be composed by Jessica de Rooij.

Brightlight's Williamson has said, "This is a very exciting project and we are thrilled to have Til Schweiger and Emmanuelle Vaugier headlining this wonderful cast. They are a dynamic combination that will balance the action, wit and look of Far Cry."

a weak points of 'alone in dark' were that it was to serious :woot:

Hahah... He'z a moron!

I think this may be an okay movie. Serious! The on set footage looked pretty cool! I'm willing to give him a chance.

I think this may be an okay movie. Serious! The on set footage looked pretty cool! I'm willing to give him a chance.

LOL.
Funny man you are. This movie's gonna suck but we'll be there to watch it and laugh our asses off at Uwe's moronic directing.

This is the first of Uwe Boll's movies that is based on a modern masterpiece of a game. Every FarCry game captures the whole "wandering tropical islands" thing, hiding behind palm trees and flinging rocks at your enemies, brilliantly. This also means it is Boll's biggest tragedy. The decision to move the production from Hawaii to Vancouver will kill it even if everything else somehow works - yeah, Vancouver, that's REAL tropical.

Doesn't sound too bad. Sure, no jungle setting...never played the games...but the set visit was a positive one. BUT...it was juts a day on the set. May have been the best day on the set for all we know, as Uwe wasn't there that day, he was at Comic-Con pimping upcoming dis--flicks.

The cheesiest, stupidest, most brainless trailer to date so far this year...and it's only February?:huh:

Don S. Davis in an Uwe Boll movie ? (sighs) & how many ****ing movies was Uwe Boll working on before the tax break thing ended

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"