Fargo - FX Greenlights Limited Series

Seeing Loy let Gaetano go not just because he wants to prove he's better than the Italians, but also because he knows that there's a rift between Gaetano and Josto, was a smart move.

Really liked Loy echoing Mike Milligan's line about a specific kind of way in which a person is unfriendly, almost as if they're doing you a favor.

But yeah, that shootout. Quite a massacre. After Loy told Zelmare and Swanee to beat it, I was convinced they either wouldn't make it to the train station or at least one of them would die.

Well, I was half-right at least.

It really sucks that one of my favorite characters got killed off, but damn that ending and that entire Train Station sequence was pretty crazy and somewhat unexpected IMO.

Really liked Loy echoing Mike Milligan's line about a specific kind of way in which a person is unfriendly, almost as if they're doing you a favor.

They've dropped several hints that Mike Milligan is Loy's son, but that basically confirmed it for me. It makes too much sense.

Especially now that his family thinks he’s dead... also, the plot hole/retcon of Mike’s birth year on his license from S2 still works. Technically “Mike Milligan” was born in 1951 considering this storyline.

just discovered this gem of a show watched the first 2 seasons over weekend i'll b eall caught up this weekend coming up

Didn't think I would actively root for any character Freeman plays to get his underwhelming the way he went out but can't wait to get to the chris rock season

Beyond the obvious film references, this felt like a blend of various bits from past Coen Brothers' movies. I got big vibes in particular of O Brother Where Art Thou and Inside Llewyn Davis. Even a bit of No Country for Old Men with Satchel pointing the gun at the door and waiting, like Llewelyn waiting for Anton at the motel.

Beyond the obvious film references, this felt like a blend of various bits from past Coen Brothers' movies. I got big vibes in particular of O Brother Where Art Thou and Inside Llewyn Davis. Even a bit of No Country for Old Men with Satchel pointing the gun at the door and waiting, like Llewelyn waiting for Anton at the motel.

Woah... you forgot the best reference; A Serious Man.

Not going to lie this episode wrecked me even more than last weeks. Another character I really liked has bit the dust it seems and we are still two episodes away from the finale. I got know idea what to expect next, but man have these last couple of episodes had me on edge.

I was also really worried about Satchel this episode and pretty much everytime he was left alone.

And the name of the hotel is the Barton Arms, which has to be a reference to Barton Fink.

Last edited:
I hate this season so much and I've let myself get this far so I keep going. I'm bummed about the Rabbi as he was one of the few characters I liked, but that episode was peak Hawley running wild. Didn't care for it at all.

Wow I definitely wasn't expecting a certain character to go out like that, but it made my jaw drop none the less. Can't wait for the finale next week which should be even crazier.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting it either, but it's just another in a long line of shocking character deaths, lol.

Yeah, while I'm not a fan of Gaetano taking himself out in such a...ridiculous way, it does feel like a Fargo-esque sort of death.

Also, smart on Ethelrida to give Donatello's ring to Loy, but somehow I don't think her family will be 100 percent in the clear, even if Loy holds up his end of the bargain. Fargo has never made things easy for characters who are just caught in the middle of the drama.

The scene came across to me that Gaetano was shaken by Odis' acceptance of his death and that's part of why he stumbled. Still a freak accident, but with a little bit of a cosmic or karmic bent to it, which is very Fargo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"