• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Fat Kid Could Be Taken From Parent

yeah, and where do you draw the line? Are we going to have kids going to school getting their body fat percentage measured and if it's above average, then off they go. :dry:

I agree, there needs to be a line drawn, but this is not a kid that needs to lose ten pounds. This is a kid that needs to lose a few hundred. He's three times the weight he should be. He needs special care. Something like this can only ever be looked at on a case by case basis.

to the glue factory

holding%20box%20of%20Soylent%20Green.gif

IT'S PEOPLE!!!!

Mother may lose custody of obese boy
By COURTNEY FRENCH,
Associated Press Writer Mon Feb 26, 3:51 PM ET

LONDON - Authorities are considering taking an 8-year-old boy who weighs 218 pounds into protective custody unless his mother improves his diet, officials said Monday.

Social service officials will meet with family members Tuesday to discuss the health of Connor McCreaddie, who weighs more than three times the average for his age.
"The worst case would be Connor getting taken into care. He is well cared for," the boy's mother, Nicola McKeown, told ITV television.
A spokeswoman for health officials in Wallsend, North Tyneside, 300 miles north of London, said the hearing was part of a process that could eventually lead to Connor being taken into protective care. She declined to comment further.
The health agencies organizing the meeting said they "have been working with the family over a prolonged period of time and will continue to do so."
Officials would not say whether Connor suffered from a medical condition that led to his obesity, citing privacy issues.
An unidentified health official was quoted as telling The Sunday Times that taking custody of Connor would be a last resort, but said the family had repeatedly failed to attend appointments with nurses, nutritionists and social workers.
"Child abuse is not just about hitting your children or sexually abusing them, it is also about neglect," the official was quoted as saying.
Dr. Colin Waine, the director of the National Obesity Forum in Nottingham, England, called Connor's lifestyle "extremely dangerous," adding he is at risk of developing diabetes in his early teens, and cardiovascular and nervous system problems in his 20s.
"He's really at risk of dying by the time he's 30," Waine said.
Dr. Michael Markiewicz, a pediatrician, agreed.
"I'm not saying they can't care for him, but what they are doing is through the way they are treating him and feeding him, they are slowly killing him," he said.
Connor's case attracted national attention after his mother allowed an ITV News crew to film his day-to-day life over the course of a month.
Connor's mother said he steals and hides food, frustrating her efforts to help him. He eats double or triple what a normal seven-year-old would have, she said.
"If I didn't give him enough at teatime then he would just go on at us all night for snacks and stuff," she told ITV.
Connor, who lives with his mother and sister, has difficulty dressing and washing himself, misses school regularly because of poor health, and is targeted by bullies.
"People pick on us because of my weight. They call us fat. It makes us feel sick of the nutters always shouting at us," Connor told ITV.

What do you guys think??? :huh:

Take that roly poly away! She obviously isn't able to control the situation and that hefty boy needs some SERIOUS help.

I predict that if Alpha and Omega was here today, he'd say:

"...Take my fat kid...please!"

I really think so.

this is why ATP isn't having kids...

LOL @ATP attempting to show some compassion and calling him a roly poly.

Well, there are much fatter people. There are like specials for them every week. The 1,000lb man, there are atleast 5 differnt 90lb men, and there are 10 700-800lb women. It is insane how much these people eat to get that fat!

i remember watching him try to put on socks....dear god that was horrible....it's not even like his fat is solid in anyway...it jiggles about like noones business!!!

and the mother...smoking in bed....dear god...

they should just chop off some limbs or get the kid the old suck 'n' tuck that'll make him better:up:

I think this kid should donate some of his fatty substance to the starving children of Africa. :up:

this is why ATP isn't having kids...

Actually, I think I'm taking a better attitude towards it than that mom. If social services are thinking about taking her kid away, that shows that SHE isn't doing her job as a mother. The kid is so obese that at this rate he'll be dead by the age of 30?! Come on, she should be doing whatever she can to improve the child's health.

Seeing stuff like this makes me wish they'd do a version of those 'truth' anti-tobacco' commercials with candy and sugar. They could have something like a trail of Twinkies leading into a cemetary or a mock ad with the Kool-Aid man getting his stomach stapled ...assuming he has a stomach ...and instead of saying "Oh Yeah!", he'd be saying "Oh No!"

Also, why doesn't McDonalds sell those Egg Nog shakes year round? :huh:

Looks as if the boy gets to stay with his mammy after all.

Obese boy to remain with mother

Overweight boy Connor McCreaddie has been allowed by North Tyneside social services to remain with his mother.
Health experts met to decide the future of the eight-year-old, who weighs more than 14 stone (89kg).
Connor, from Wallsend, North Tyneside, who lost some weight but still prefers processed food to fruit and vegetables, could have been taken into care.
His mother, Nicola McKeown, had been called to a child protection conference with the local authority.

'Formal agreement'
A statement issued on behalf of the council's Local Safeguarding Children Board said it had a "useful discussion" with all agencies and the family concerned.
It continued: "The Local Safeguarding Children Board was able to confirm that its hope and ambition is to enable this child to remain with his family.
"In order to move this matter forward we have made a formal agreement with the family to safeguard and promote the child's welfare."
The hearing was held under Section 47 of the Children Act.

Minister concerned
Connor has slimmed down from 15st 8lbs since Christmas thanks to an exercise programme and eating healthier foods.
Health Secretary Patricia Hewitt has expressed concern about the case, and backed the involvement of local services.
Ms McKeown, 35, earlier told the BBC: "He refuses to eat fruit, vegetables and salads - he has processed foods. When Connor won't eat anything else, I've got to give him the foods he likes.
"I can't starve him. But I'm confident I can get his weight down with a bit of help."

Peer pressure
Brian Dow from the School Food Trust said: "Of course there's an element of parental responsibility here, but it's hard for a child to go out of the school gates now without being bombarded by messages about the wrong kinds of food.
"We also have an awful lot of peer pressure as well. I think what you see there is a child who's probably addicted to the kinds of food that are making him obese."
The boy's story was featured on ITV's Tonight With Trevor McDonald, which followed Connor and his mother for a month.

I think it's time to lay the blame on the right person, only one person has this much influence over children, JK Rowling is to blame. Obviously this kid is just trying to be more like his favorite Harry Potter character, Harry's cousin Dudley. Isn't it enough that she's influencing kids to worship Satan and the dark arts, now she's convinced them to be fat@$$es too, JK Rowling must be stopped!

I think it's time to lay the blame on the right person, only one person has this much influence over children, JK Rowling is to blame. Obviously this kid is just trying to be more like his favorite Harry Potter character, Harry's cousin Dudley. Isn't it enough that she's influencing kids to worship Satan and the dark arts, now she's convinced them to be fat@$$es too, JK Rowling must be stopped!

:dry:

nah the mum is just as much a heffer, smoking won't make him thin

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliSan
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"