Fav Bond Villain

When it comes to Henchmen, it's Jaws.
Main Villain: Franz Sanchez

36.jpg

Gotta be Jaws. He was the perfect opponent for Roger Moore's 007. Moore is a tall man, and Jaws just towers over him.

The reason he was given slapstick sequences is because otherwise he would have been far too scary for a family audience. He's pretty damn sinister when he's not clowning around.

Jaws is at least the most memorable henchman, but i dunno about being the best... i would probably have to go with Red Grant or Oddjob for "best"...

as for main villains, it doesn't get any better than Ernst Stavro Blofeld... particularly in the days when you never saw his face, he was fantastic... after they revealed his face, though, each subsequent appearance just seemed to go further and further downhill, IMO...

Clouseau said:
as for main villains, it doesn't get any better than Ernst Stavro Blofeld... particularly in the days when you never saw his face, he was fantastic... after they revealed his face, though, each subsequent appearance just seemed to go further and further downhill, IMO...

Agreed. Early Blofeld from FRWL was so spooky and scary, and overall the ebst villain ever. He never got as efficient after his face was revealed. That said, you can understand how bitter Blofeld is when you see his huge scar.

I always thought that a great actor who could have played Blofeld was Karol Wojtyla. He was Polish, had great charisma, great rpesence, and those eyes... Haunting. Sadly, he became a priest during WWII, and had a very successful career.

never heard of him... i did like Pleasance, though, even if he wasn't really as menacing as the faceless version of Blofeld...

i know originally Jan Werich was supposed to play Blofeld in YOLT, and i've seen a picture of him in costume holding the white cat, but all i can say is i'm glad they made the change... Werich looked more like the Max von Sydow version from NSNA, and the beard just didn't work for me, you know? at least being bald and clean-shaven looked a bit more evil... ;)

Clouseau said:
never heard of him... i did like Pleasance, though, even if he wasn't really as menacing as the faceless version of Blofeld...

i know originally Jan Werich was supposed to play Blofeld in YOLT, and i've seen a picture of him in costume holding the white cat, but all i can say is i'm glad they made the change... Werich looked more like the Max von Sydow version from NSNA, and the beard just didn't work for me, you know? at least being bald and clean-shaven looked a bit more evil... ;)

Oh yes, you heard of Wojtyla. He became pope John Paul II. Imagine him with a scar and stroking a cat in YOLT. ;) Sadly, when he became priest, we lost a great, natural, charismatic actor. I think Werich would have been terribly unconvincing, he looked like a garden gnome or Santa Claus. Yul Brynner would have been great.

ahh, Pope Blofeld!

i never would have looked him up to find that out, i don't think, so thanks for setting me straight on him...

there are some who would say that the Pope is an evil genius anyway, so perhaps we HAVE seen what his version of Blofeld would look like without having him in a Bond film! ;)

Clouseau said:
ahh, Pope Blofeld!

i never would have looked him up to find that out, i don't think, so thanks for setting me straight on him...

there are some who would say that the Pope is an evil genius anyway, so perhaps we HAVE seen what his version of Blofeld would look like without having him in a Bond film! ;)

I think Wojtyla was a nice guy (although I agree with him on nothing) and he was too moral to be really evil, but as an actor, he could have pulled Blofeld so well. Ernst Stavro Blofeld was everything John Paul II hated: Nazi collaborator during WWII, apolitical, amoral, probably atheist, etc. Wojtyla had the right gesture and charisma to portray Blofeld, had he decided to carry on with acting, and to show the character as despicable and dangerous as he should be.

Gustav Graves...J/k

Alec Travelyn

Blofeld
Red Grant
Elektra King
Dr. No

I think the offscreen Bolfeld in From Russia with Love is the best. He was very menacing and cool. I just can't see Donald Pleasance without thinking of Dr Evil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"