Iron Man 3 Favorite Action Scene In The Trilogy

I wanted to like the Iron Legion fight more, but everything was so dark, especially in 3-d, and you never really got a sense of all the different armors' capabilities beyond a couple of them.

I wanted to like the Iron Legion fight more, but everything was so dark, especially in 3-d, and you never really got a sense of all the different armors' capabilities beyond a couple of them.

That's not a 3D or lighting issue, they just didn't show em! The only suits that showcased their unique abilities in the entire movie were the Mk42, Bones, Thumper, and Igor.

From an objective standpoint, the Iron Legion fight was the best for me, but from a nostalgia standpoint, I ALWAYS go back to watching the IM Mk3 Gulmira scene.

That glove/boot sequence blew my mind when I saw that. The person who choreographed that is a genius and deserves a medal.

Last edited:
That glove/boot sequence blew my mind when I saw that. The person who choreographed that is a genius and deserves a medal.

my favorite parts in that were when he was almost out of control spinning and trying to stablize, but still shooting the gun in circles lol. And then his landing on the higher level in the classic pose he does while suited up.

I have to go with an unpopular choice, the Iron Monger fight. For some reason, I really like this one. It's simple, and for the most part, Tony is not so much fighting as he is trying not to die, and it felt unique to have a battle where the villain had the upper hand for much of the fight. Mark III vs the Terrorists is good, but so short, like 15 seconds that I can't really think of it as a full fledged fight.

As I posted earlier, I really liked the Air Force One rescue scene; and I still do. However, my close second would be Tony's infiltration of the mansion: the weapons cobbled together from the hardware store were great.

Iron Man and War Machine kicking butt in Iron Man 2 was awesome, not saying I didn't enjoy the other action scenes but that one is my favourite.

My top three would be:

1. Gulmera
2. The Cave
3. Monaco

I voted for the glove/boot battle but I have to give special credit to the mansion attack in part 3. From the anticipation building screaming match with tony/pepper, maya going wtf guys, tony getting his ass kicked by missles, suiting up mid destruction, taking out two helicopters, all the way til the end where jarvis tells him to hold his breath. all of that. I think i might've held my breath the whole time. talk about intense....

Iron Man taking out the terrorists, by far the biggest cheer moment in the series.

Seeing him put a stop to the type of real world monsters that are out there today was more satisfying than seeing him blow up drones are random flaming people.

the Glove/Boot sequence was my favorite fight.

On an off note though, my favorite specific move in the series is the awesome jumping punch that Iron Man does on Iron Monger, where he boosts up using his glove and decks him.

I was kind of bummed we didn't see Iron Man doing the Ground Punch or him using his shield hopefully Whedon can use that in next Avengers movie assuming RDJ will be returning

I hate that these threads always end up overrun by "hype jockeys" who are so excited by what they just saw they can't think with any objectivity.

Regarding the poll, the end battle is probably the least impressive action set piece in IM3 never mind the trilogy. I remember a similar thread years ago regarding the SM trilogy and most of the posters seemed to agree the SM3 'Royal Rumble' was better than Spidey vs Doc Ock on the clock tower/train; I wonder how many would agree with that now.

I voted for IM vs terrorists/fighter jets btw.

I think Iron Man's best action scenes weren't in the trilogy, but rather The Avengers.

1. Germany Entrance vs. Loki - that was total win, swooping down, repulsor to the face, and the Iron Man landing.

2. Iron Man vs Thor - battle of the Titans, with the whipped cream on top being Thor's finisher on Cap's Shield.

3. First run against the Chitauri - that full speed upward flight with the twists, the mini-Repulsor bombs and keeping on even after getting clipped by one of them,

4. All In Fight Sequence - firing, while flying backwards, then dropping down, blowing away a few baddies, and clearing the rest by Repulsor blast off of Cap's shield!

5. Nuke run - this for me was one of the most tense moments of the movie, and honest to God, the first time I saw it, I wondered if Iron Man was truly on a one-way trip.

Off those, my personal, hands-down favorite is #4, with the Repulsor-Cap's Shield combo. :)

All of these scenes, in my opinion, top all of the action in Iron Man 1-3. However, I would give notable mention to the following:

1. Gulmira - By far my favorite of the trilogy fights, topped off by being chased by jets at Mach speeds.

2. Drop your socks - The flight through the water fountains at the Stark Expo while being chased by War Machine and the Hammeroids was pretty darn good, and well shot in my opinion.

But, again, neither of these felt as epic as the IM action in The Avengers.

Im3 also lacked the wow badass moment from the other two movies for example like how in im1 he takes out the terrorists holding the hostages In one single shot
Or in im2 how he uses his lasers to take out the drones in the finale
I guess u could argue him piloting the mk42 during the air rescue sequence could be I but it just didn't have that much of a impact on me as the other moments did

I wanna see IM3 at least once more before voting, but at the moment its close between the Gulmira fight and subsequent jet scene from IM1 and the Airforce One rescue scene in IM3.

To me, by far it was the Mark I breakout scene. I just loved the fact that alto of it was shot with a practical working suit.

To get the full effect of Gulmira, you have to watch it from where he suits up into the MarkIII, all the way to where he saves the pilot after the F22 crash. Nothing in the trilogy tops this. :D

IM&WM vs drones & Whiplash
It was too darn short,but I thought it was the best.

After watching IM3 a 2nd time, I would have to go for the Air Force One sequence, Iron Man finally finishing off Savin with the Uni-Beam, followed by the line "Walk away from that you son of a *****" which is then of course followed by the saving of the passengers was amazing. The only bad thing about it was the realisation afterwards that Tony wasnt in the suit.

The final battle from IM3 has gone up after another viewing as well, its probably joint 2nd with Gulmira now.

^ I sat alot further back when watching IM3 the 2nd time and the final battle looked MUCH better.

I voted for the attack on the mansion, it had a bit of everything with Iron Man taking down a couple of choppers, the armor rescuing Pepper and ultimately the spectacle of it collapsing and plummeting down the cliff side.

In second place I'd have the Air Force One sequence and then the Iron army vs the Extremis Soldiers finale, I loved the way Tony jumped from suit to suit as he battled Killian.

In fact even the smaller action sequences in 3 were great, like Tony infiltrating the house where "The Mandarin" was, him battling Ellen Brandt & Eric Savin using his quick wits and improvising with what he had around him, and the escape scene where he combined bits of his suit with using a gun.

My series top 5:

1. Malibu Mansion Attack
2. Air Force One sequence
3. Tony & Iron Army vs Killian & Extremis Soldiers finale
4. Iron Man vs Terrorists/F-22 Fighter Jets
5. Iron Man vs Whiplash at Monaco Race Track

Same, I'd have to think more about them before deciding an objective favorite, but on a purely visceral level that scene was easily the most exciting to me. So inventive, creative, and balls-out fun. Stark handling the gauntlet and gun was just so cool. All the build-up to it was great too, with the repeated countdowns, Tony's frustration/tension, then finally boom. The moment in there with Harley opening the doors is great too.

Same, I'd have to think more about them before deciding an objective favorite, but on a purely visceral level that scene was easily the most exciting to me. So inventive, creative, and balls-out fun. Stark handling the gauntlet and gun was just so cool. All the build-up to it was great too, with the repeated countdowns, Tony's frustration/tension, then finally boom. The moment in there with Harley opening the doors is great too.
I really loved that scene as well since it reminded me of some of the wackiness from the Lethal Weapon movies' action scenes, especially those involving Mel Gibson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"