Iron Man Can Jon handle ACTION?

blueboy

Sidekick
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm very much looking foward to Iron Man, but I've only seen one of Favreau's movies, which was Elf.

Iron Man will obviously have action elements in it, but is there anyone worried/curious as to if Jon Favreau can handle the action part of it?

Make a point of seeing Zathura, and you'll have a better idea of what he's capable of action-wise :yay: It's still a family movie, but it moves pretty fast and dynamically at times.

Not only does he make extremely watchable, entertaining movies, but he also seems to have a strong vision of what he wants on-screen. And it's usually very well realized.

I can't wait to see Iron Man fly.

For a "kids movie", Zathura was fun and fast-paced. It's a fairly good indicator of what he should be able to do with more adult, more action-based material.

The question is not only if he can handle action, but can he handle a serious movie?

I hope he can, but i´m jumping into the all "Iron Man is going to rock" bandwagon without some notion that he can in fact deliever it.

Maybe you can watch some of his other movies. He isn't exactly Roger Corman, you can cover his catalogue. And all of them are good in my opinion.

Look at his buddy Doug Limans transition from Indie to big action. Jon isn't over his head. Its better to have a great storytelling, thoughtful filmmaker attempting action for the first time than your next 3rd-rated Michael Bay deoderant commercial director trying to make a great movie.

Jon has only done comedy, but lesser directors have gotten bashed for the same. I wouldn't exactly call Favs' movies high art, either. I think he does get a pass because he's a fanboy favorite.

I think he'll do well. He can work really well with CGI, and has worked with some action. Sure they were both comedys. But alot of other comic book movie guys have done a little of the same before they got there gigs.

Look at his buddy Doug Limans transition from Indie to big action. Jon isn't over his head.

About Doug Liman... Funny thing... I've been reading that a lot of the action in Liman's films is handled by the second unit....

Second Unit director Simon Crane....

But I will definitely add some of Jon's stuff to my netflix...

Favreau's awesome and pretty much has everyone's respect bar a few extremely loud angry individuals. He can handle action fine.

I don't think Jon Favreau gets a pass for being a fanboy. Look at MSJ that guy is one of the biggest favboys of all time and he nevers gets a pass. He takes it harder than anybody I know, unjustly I should say.

Favreau isn't he fanboy but he does respect the source material and the fans unlike most Hollywood types.

I wonder if they're starting with the big sequences first... I remember Jon talking about how they had already started on the pre-vis for the action sequences and that it looked amazing......

Btw

I seen the pics of RDJ and I can't really tell if he's "bulked" up for the role... Anyone know?

hey. just want to say that it seems jon has some experienced assistant directors with him on iron man. they both seem to have been involved in many "action" films. not sure if its any relevance and the title "second second assistant director" sounds a bit lame. but who knows. maybe they have saved those great actions scenes for iron man?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0061315/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0061315/

After seeing Zathura, Favreau shouldn't have to big a problem, if at all with action. It's his vision for IM that concerns me.

This process of filmmaking is a bit lost here

You got stunt coordinators, choreographers, cinemetographers, lighting directors, sound directors, all these jobs report and are directed on what to do by John, but it is by no means all on his shoulders

I think it will get done, or Marvel wouldn't do it through John, and I also don't think John would do it if he didn't he could

Isildur´s Heir;11306123 said:
The question is not only if he can handle action, but can he handle a serious movie?

I hope he can, but i´m jumping into the all "Iron Man is going to rock" bandwagon without some notion that he can in fact deliever it.
Yes, watch MADE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"