Iron Man 3 Favorite Moments of the Trilogy!

KDM1986

Midnight Sons Founder
Reaction score
Seems like everyone wants to focus on the negative aspects of the Iron Man trilogy. Lets remember all the things we loved about it.

1. My all time favorite was Nick Fury surprising Tony.
2. The entire cave scene in the first movie.
3. I like Vanko in the second movie really wished he would have had more screen time.
4.The fight on the raceway I thought was well done.
5.The airplane sequence in the third was awesome.
6.I didn't mind the twist. I know lots of people were dissapointed in it. I was bummed too but after seeing the movie I ended up liking it.

Haha, I was just about to make this thread. :woot:

It's hard to pick one favorite moment of the trilogy, but I would say each movie had at least one part I really loved. I really liked the human and real feeling of the first, I liked Stane a lot as well. In the second, I loved the battle with Iron Man, War Machine, and the Hammer drones, and in the third movie, I thought the final battle was great. I also really liked Killian and thought he made a good nemesis for Tony.

Another thing I want to mention is that after seeing Iron Man 3, I totally understand what Shane Black was talking about when he said he wanted the movie to have real stakes as well as twists, turns, and reversals. There were tons of moments that caught me off-guard or surprised me in a good way.

In no order :

The final fight in Iron Man 3
Final fight in Iron Man
Drones Battle
Stane & Pepper in his office
Hammertime :awesome:
The moment in the cave where Tony changes for good (Yinsen's Death)

More to come.

All of Im1 and all of IM3

Tony creating an element in IM2

Haha, I was just about to make this thread. :woot:

It's hard to pick one favorite moment of the trilogy, but I would say each movie had at least one part I really loved. I really liked the human and real feeling of the first, I liked Stane a lot as well. In the second, I loved the battle with Iron Man, War Machine, and the Hammer drones, and in the third movie, I thought the final battle was great. I also really liked Killian and thought he made a good nemesis for Tony.

Another thing I want to mention is that after seeing Iron Man 3, I totally understand what Shane Black was talking about when he said he wanted the movie to have real stakes as well as twists, turns, and reversals. There were tons of moments that caught me off-guard or surprised me in a good way.

Lol, yeah it's kinda petty that people only focus on the negative instead of seeing the good in what you got. I also enjoyed the final battle of the third film.

Iron Man:
Tony escapes the cave as Yensin dies (very moving)
Tony goes back to Gulmira, coupled with the F-22 Raptors
"TONY STARK WAS ABLE TO BUILD THIS IN A CAVE!... WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!!!"
Stane attacks Raza and the Ten Rings, steals arc reactor from Tony's chest
"I am Iron Man."
Fury surprises Tony

Iron Man 2:
Tony takes control of monitors at the Senate hearing
The Monaco Grand Prix
Tony watches videos of Howard Stark
Natasha and Happy take out Hammer's security
Iron Man and War Machine fighting back-to-back
"Sorry, it's funny how annoying a little prick can be."

Iron Man 3:
Mandarin's first video
Tony visits Happy in the hospital
Pepper gets voicemail from Tony
Iron Patriot saves workers in the sweat shop
Tony and the boy go to the memorial
"Iron Patriot" infiltrating Air Force One (the rescue I thought was too childish and comedic. He shouldn't have been able to save them all, adding more tragedy to the character. Not to mention the stakes just weren't high enough for Tony.).
Final battle, seeing all of the suits in action.

Lol, yeah it's kinda petty that people only focus on the negative instead of seeing the good in what you got. I also enjoyed the final battle of the third film.

I agree, alot of negativity aimed at this movie, i see alot of different message boards and replies on facebook posts about how IM3 was horrible, a waste, i dont get why so many hate on this, this to me was the best of the 3 films and the other 2 IMO were really, really good, i suspect the twist has many upset, but idk, being a die hard fan of Iron Man, while i was disappointed for maybe a moment, it did not last long and in no way made me dislike the film, overall i still rate it the best and honestly plan on seeing it again.
As for moments, wow, there are so many, i can not think of a single negative from any of the 3 films, that said, just a short list off the top of my head,

IM1- The cave when Iron Man mk1 arm gets stuck in the wall and the terrorist walks up and thinks he will shot Tony in the head only to have the bullet bounce off and kill him.

IM1- When Stark returns to Afghanistan and he is kicking the crap out of the ten rings, as they are holding hostiages he targets them and kills the terrorist with the mini missiles, that was awesome.

IM1- Stane paraylizing Tony and revealing his plans and what he had done.

IM2- Monaco race track fight between Vanko and Stark

IM2- Stark at the senate hearings, after he basically wins the arguement and is walking out, telling the cameras that "its my pleasure and there is one thing you can always count on , me pleasuring myself"

IM2- The battle at Starkexpo between Iron Man/War Machine vs Hammerdrones and Vanko

IM3- introducing his bada$$ baby brother, the mk 42

IM3- Mandarin attacking Starks Malibu home, that whole sequance was just awesome

IM3- The final battle

I can think of many many more.

Iron Man 1 - The scene where Tony's sitting in his lab working on the hand to the armor, listening to the news report on the Ten Rings' attacks on the towns in Afghanistan. Tony sits there and stands up walking around, just getting more and more fed up at the injustice, leading to...the donning of the Iron Man armor. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"