The Avengers Favorite character in the MCU?

Silver Surfer

Power Cosmic
Reaction score
There's a lot of favorite movie polls in here so figured I'd start a favorite character one. I gotta say for me it's Loki, dude steals every scene he is in. His look and character design mixed with Tom's brilliant performance seals it. He was by far the best part about "Thor", which happens to be my favorite MCU movie. I love RDJ's Tony, SLJ Fury and Evans' Cap but I gotta chalk this one up to the mischief man.

Tony Stark for me. You can't beat Robert Downey, Jr. Thor, Coulson, Loki and Ruffalo's Banner/Hulk aren't far behind, though.

Other: Emil Blonsky

Last edited:
Oh dear God my choice is a no brainer one that I will not repeat what option I chose.

Bruce Banner/Hulk for sure. I've always been fascinated by the character

I didn't feel this way until after I saw Captain America, but definitely Steve Rogers for me. But this new incarnation of Bruce Banner/Hulk isn't far behind, followed by Tony Stark.

I get annoyed when people say Loki was the best part of Thor, because it totally discredits Hemsworth who perfectly embodies the God of Thunder.

I get annoyed when people say Loki was the best part of Thor, because it totally discredits Hemsworth who perfectly embodies the God of Thunder.

IMO Loki wasn't the best part of Thor. He's just a really well done villain

Agreed. I honestly thought Hemsworth was the best part of that movie. Hiddleston did a great job too though, no doubt.

In terms of consistency of portrayal in both their respective solo films and TA, I'd have to give it to Thor.

Big surprise: I voted Thor.

Last edited:
Heroes
1. Captain Steve Rogers
2. Anthony "Tony" Stark
3. Thor Odinson
4. Bruce Banner (The Avengers)
5. Nick Fury
6. Agent Coulson
7. Black Widow
8. Maria Hill
9. Clint Barton

Villains
1. Loki
2. Red Skull
3. Iron Monger
4. Abomination
5. Whiplash

Love interest
1. Peggy Carter
2. Betty Ross
3. Pepper Pots
4. Jane Foster

IMO Loki wasn't the best part of Thor. He's just a really well done villain

Bingo :word:

Agreed. I honestly thought Hemsworth was the best part of that movie. Hiddleston did a great job too though, no doubt.

Same here :up:

I was nervous about Chris' portrayal before I saw the film, but afterwards I was completely blown away.

In terms of consistency of portrayal in both their respective solo films and TA, I'd have to give it to Thor.

What do you mean by that, I thought Cap and Iron Man were pretty consistent as well.

What do you mean by that, I thought Cap and Iron Man were pretty consistent as well.

I'd have to disagree with you on Cap and it's actually one of my criticisms of TA, I found Evan's portrayal to be mssing some of the qualities that made Steve so likeable in CA:TFA. I don't actually blame Evans for that, I blame Whedon. As a Whedon fan, I've seen this kind of thing before in his work. He doesn't seem to "get" any male character that isn't a brooding and witty bad boy...and I don't think it's down to Cap's environment changing.

With Tony, RDJ is RDJ and while it works for Stark, I feel Hemsworth's portrayal of Thor is the much better 'acting' performance.

I voted Tony Stark.

I like RDJ's portrayal of the character, and I've always been a huge fan of Iron Man,even before the advent of the MCU.

I consider myself thankful to have on of my heroes portrayed so well (IM/Stark) when another of my favorites was portrayed in such a lack-luster manner (GL/Hal Jordan).

I'd have to disagree with you on Cap and it's actually one of my criticisms of TA, I found Evan's portrayal to be mssing some of the qualities that made Steve so likeable in CA:TFA. I don't actually blame Evans for that, I blame Whedon. As a Whedon fan, I've seen this kind of thing before in his work. He doesn't seem to "get" any male character that isn't a brooding and witty bad boy...and I don't think it's down to Cap's environment changing.

Well what are the differences did you see in TA's Cap from Cap in his own film?

With Tony, RDJ is RDJ and while it works for Stark, I feel Hemsworth's portrayal of Thor is the much better 'acting' performance.

I say this all time, but most people just look over it because RDJ is the greatest thing since sliced bread around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"