Favorite LGBT TV Characters Thread

Update…

Queer as Folk (2022): Brodie, Ruthie, Mingus, Shar, Noah, Julian… hell, everyone

Star Trek Strange New Worlds: Una (I think?)

Stranger Things: Will

The Wilds: Ivan

Dollface: Stella, Liv

50f45684ae664387ab6878826d6a00da8fcba956r1-500-185_hq.gif

:hrt:

Well, this week’s episode of Better Call Saul didn’t outright confirm that a longtime fan favorite from the Breaking Bad universe is gay but they came pretty close. And so he deserves a place in this thread.

Gus Fring. Probably my favorite villain of any TV show, for all time. Giancarlo Esposito and Vince Gilligan created a character that will live on forever; a man so calculating and cold that he is legitimately terrifying and yet… you can’t help but feel sorry for him when you see how alone and empty his life truly is. Now, let’s just hope those Professor X rumors are true because Esposito would KILL it in that role.

Bumping this thread (even if I’m the only one who updates it anymore lol) since we have some new entries and news.

Sadly, Queer as Folk has been cancelled; I wish a streaming service other than Peacock had picked it up because Peacock doesn’t seem to know what it’s doing or what it wants to be other than the device that puts out trash Halloween sequels. Maybe it will get picked up by another service but the showrunner and the actors made it sound like it’s just dead. It’s truly a shame; the show had great characters, a heartbreaking and relevant premise, and a really good cliffhanger and the end of the first season.

Anyway, on a happier note, some other great new queer characters…

A League of Their Own: Carson, Greta, Max, Jo, Jess

Interview with the Vampire: Louis, LeStat

House of the Dragon: Laenor

She-Hulk: Nikki Ramos, Luke Jacobson, Mr. Immortal

The Sandman: Johanna Constantine (give me a show about her instead of this Keanu sequel or whatever JJ Abrams was planning), Rachel, The Corinthian, Desire, Hal Carter

Last edited:
My new favorite...
Stacy (from Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger)

*the one on the left

Since this thread was bumped and in light of a recent tragedy, it feels appropriate to mention (again) how much of a shame it is that Queer as Folk was canceled. The first episode depicted a horrific shooting at a gay club, which was clearly inspired by the shooting at Pulse in 2016. Now, with another hate crime taking place at a gay club this week (which follows a large uptick in hate crimes against queer people - particularly against Black trans women - across the U.S. over the past several years largely due to violent, bigoted rhetoric by pieces of **** like Trump, Tucker Carlson and Ron Desantis), it feels like we need shows like QAF more than ever.

****, man. I just don’t know what to say anymore. It’s times like this when it all just feels so hopeless.

Since this thread was bumped and in light of a recent tragedy, it feels appropriate to mention (again) how much of a shame it is that Queer as Folk was canceled. The first episode depicted a horrific shooting at a gay club, which was clearly inspired by the shooting at Pulse in 2016. Now, with another hate crime taking place at a gay club this week (which follows a large uptick in hate crimes against queer people - particularly against Black trans women - across the U.S. over the past several years largely due to violent, bigoted rhetoric by pieces of **** like Trump, Tucker Carlson and Ron Desantis), it feels like we need shows like QAF more than ever.

****, man. I just don’t know what to say anymore. It’s times like this when it all just feels so hopeless.
There was a Queer as Folk revival?

I wanted to love it but I didnt. It tried to hard, characters were annoying, and imo...adding in the shooting shouldnt have happened (at least not in s1). We've had enough doom/gloom in gay shows/movies.

I wanted to love it but I didnt. It tried to hard, characters were annoying, and imo...adding in the shooting shouldnt have happened (at least not in s1). We've had enough doom/gloom in gay shows/movies.

I had mixed feelings about including the shooting at first because like you said, damn near every queer-themed story includes some element of tragedy. However, given the recent rise in hate crimes against the community, I ultimately felt it was the right move to have it in the series.

My favorite queer character will always be Lafayette from True Blood. Nathan Ellis was fantastic. :D

A big scene of why I love Sister Beatrice/Kristina Tonterri-Young.

Her and Ava finally sharing a kiss at the end of the last episode of this season definitely had me fist pumping and tearing up. So gratifying and satisfying to finally get that. After two whole seasons of teasing, buildup and waiting for it to happen, it felt so earned. On the show about tactical nuns, the Catholic Church, poignant discussions of faith and kick-ass martial arts, no less.

You hear that, you American, Christian nationalistic pieces of s**t? A show that does Christianity better than you do and makes it look cool is actually accepting of the LGBTQ+ community.

Last edited:
Speaking of animation, Dragon Age Absolution on Netflix was hella gay and I loved it. Definitely some great characters from that show to add to this thread: Miriam, Roland, Hira and Lacklon.

Also, White Lotus season 2: Valentina, Mia

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"