The Worst TV Characters

Commander Riker - Star Trek: TNG (Always found him boring as hell)

Enzo from The Vampire Diaries. Super annoying, then he gets killed and I couldn't be happier! Oh wait, he's in the supernatural afterlife and still being annoying! And now he's back to life! Annoying, annoying, annoying... dead again! YES! Oh wait, he's now in a personal world created by Bonnie, still hanging around. NOOOOOOO!!!

Rafi and Dirty Randy - The League
Colin Hanks' character - Dexter

Andy improves but only slightly later on. Still every time he was on the screen I hoped someone will punch him. Helms is generally insufferable other than in Hungover flicks.

But just wait...Will Ferrell's character and the British lady make Andy look likable and not annoying

I'm the opposite. I liked Andy before he became the manager. Once he did, that was it for me. Especially during the last season. Ugh.

I loved Will Ferrell's character, but that's because I like Will in anything he does. The British lady was terrible.

Kate in Lost (literally the most annoying character in TV)
Michael Scott in The Office
Buffy (in the final 2 seasons)
Claire in Daredevil

I could never get into that annoying boss character on that "Apprentice" TV show.
What ever became of that creepy character?

Last edited:
I could never get into that annoying boss character on that "Apprentice" TV show.
What ever became of that creepy character?

Imagine how much better off we'd be if we could all ask this question and not have any idea of the answer.

Zod in Smallville: A mediocre actor making the character constantly over the top with his over acting (and not in a fun entertaining way, just annoying).

Btw, speaking of Smallville: The guy that occasionally turned into "Doomsday" like some werewolf. Couldn't stand him, and sadly the plot around it also made me like the Chloe character a lot less.

Heh, well as much as you might have grown to dislike the character Chloe, it's safe to say she was a much better person than the actress who played her. Holy crap.

A few others off the top of my head...

Tom Yates on House of Cards
The German architect guy on Better Call Saul (talk about a filler subplot)
The Trailer Trash Werepanthers on True Blood
Cricket on Always Sunny (I used to find him really funny but I think I've reached my limit. He just makes me want to throw up now whenever I see him.)

Raj on The Big Bang Theory.

The pathetic, clingy way he acts towards women on the show is so cringy to watch. He spent a majority of the series becoming completely mute if one just so happens to be in the same room as him. (That's.. funny?)

In more recent seasons of theshow, he has grown the confidence to speak to women, but screws up every relationship he has with his snively, submissive, needy attitude and turns into a crying baby afterward.

I'm by no means a ladies man myself. I'm introverted and have my own insecurities too, but geez man.

Heh, well as much as you might have grown to dislike the character Chloe, it's safe to say she was a much better person than the actress who played her. Holy crap.
Yeah, that's not an understatement, lol. Both a creepy and somewhat sad story what became of her.

Yeah, it's flat-out disturbing. And it would be one thing if she was just a member of the cult but the fact that she was actually second-in-command and was branding women and blackmailing them into sex acts is just disgusting and disturbing.

Edgar’s creepy little hipster friend on You’re the Worst. Forget his name but he had the worst mustache I’ve ever seen.

Thought I would bump this because I have a few to add to my list.

Boba Fett (Book of Boba Fett): Usually when the worst character on a show happens to be the main character, I stop watching but luckily even Disney seemed to realized this and turned the last two episodes into The Mandalorian. But anyway, somehow they’ve managed to make a character who was only ever interesting in convoluted fan faction into an even more boring character. Temuera Morrison is wooden and bland and I would much rather be watching a show about Fennec or Cobb Vanth.

Finley (The L Word: Generation Q): Most of the newer characters on this revival show aren’t very good but Finley takes the cake, from her “I just messed up everything again but it’s not my fault because I say so” attitude to her dominance of screen time that we would much rather be spent on characters who don’t totally suck.

The Trash People (The Walking Dead): Someone said “Up, up, up” to me today and I suddenly had a bad flashback to these awful characters. I think that was when I finally quit on that dumb show.

Xander Harris (Buffy): Bad enough he's a proxy of Joss Whedon, but worse is how he interacts with the other characters and we're supposed to overlook this **** because he's quippy and jokey.

Any character from Euphoria, which I think is the point?

Depends, how do you feel about teenagers? Now, how do you feel about middle-age people writing teenagers who over-dramtacise everything?
giphy.gif

Say what you want about the show but Zendaya KILLED it in tonight’s episode. Holy crap.

Depends, how do you feel about teenagers? Now, how do you feel about middle-age people writing teenagers who over-dramatisice everything?

I saw a commercial for the show and was wondering whether teenagers today really act like that? Is everyone on drugs? Maybe I was just the most boring teenager that ever existed…

I think the thing with Euphoria is that it’s kind of a heightened reality, which makes it interesting. The actions and reactions of these teenagers are probably more extreme than they would be in real life, but real life is boring. It’s not so unrealistic that you sit there saying, “This is bull****” (at least I don’t) but it’s also not so realistic that it’s a snooze fest.

I think the thing with Euphoria is that it’s kind of a heightened reality, which makes it interesting. The actions and reactions of these teenagers are probably more extreme than they would be in real life, but real life is boring. It’s not so unrealistic that you sit there saying, “This is bull****” (at least I don’t) but it’s also not so realistic that it’s a snooze fest.
It also is sort of showing how teens react to things... everything feels more big and important and scarier than it actually is.

I watched the UK Euphoria and liked it. I'm guessing the american version is like all american versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"