Should There Be A LGBT Lounge

Captain_BluTac

You Better Run
Reaction score
last night it came to my attention that there are a number of LGBT people on the hype so simple question should there be a lounge or something concerning LGBT issues

Why couldn't these issues be discussed in the normal lounge?

there are some slightly sensitive issues that could not be discussed in the main lounge

there are some slightly sensitive issues that could not be discussed in the main lounge

Not really there isn't. In fact it's the perfect place for sensitive and controversial issues and segregating the hype members by sexual orientation is only another division. The country is already divided enough. Let's not divide the hype too.

I don't see why not. Its not like your supposed LGBT lounge would be by invite only. It will be open to the rest of the Hype to see...as is the regular lounge. And the regular lounge has been a place of many different discussion topics in the past.

But if you feel that strongly...then just get this thread's name changed to The LGBT Lounge.

If the LGBT members of the Hype want a lounge I intend to make this thread that lounge and I ALSO DON'T know how to change the name of a thread

Not really there isn't. In fact it's the perfect place for sensitive and controversial issues and segregating the hype members by sexual orientation is only another division. The country is already divided enough. Let's not divide the hype too.

Division of topics is far different then division of members.

Because nothing in the Lounge is taken seriously.

Depends on the people in the lounge...as with any other thread. Just because the lounge has, for the most part, deteriorated into a banal wasteland of small talk about eating food, watching movies and discussing one's physical ailments doesn't mean that good discussion is non-existent in there.

There already sort of is one.

It's called the X-3 Off-Topic thread

But seriously I don't want one because if we get one the Bible humpers will come in and bother us and then make one of their own.

Depends on the people in the lounge...as with any other thread. Just because the lounge has, for the most part, deteriorated into a banal wasteland of small talk about eating food, watching movies and discussing one's physical ailments doesn't mean that good discussion is non-existent in there.

True, however rare it has become. :)

The only real problem with this is that just about every thread that's even remotely relating to the GLBT community kinda goes into that general area of it anyway. Not to mention that there are enough homophobic bastards here *coughcoughcelldogcoughcoughmoviefancoughcough* that would flock to it like a moth to a light and seriously f**k it up.

But if there's enough people supporting it and it's made, I won't mind and would gladly politely discuss issues in it.

However it does mean major issues are gennerally not discussed and as much as anything it would save the poor little minds of homophobic hypester who don't want to this stuff

The only real problem with this is that just about every thread that's even remotely relating to the GLBT community kinda goes into that general area of it anyway. Not to mention that there are enough homophobic bastards here *coughcoughcelldogcoughcoughmoviefancoughcough* that would flock to it like a moth to a light and seriously f**k it up.

But if there's enough people supporting it and it's made, I won't mind and would gladly politely discuss issues in it.

That is my main concern for a LGBT lounge. Those types of people would love to spread their unwelcome word in that type of thread.

However it does mean major issues are gennerally not discussed and as much as anything it would save the poor little minds of homophobic hypester who don't want to this stuff

The homophobes here at the Hype usually, as maskmanjrk stated, flock to those threads to defame and, for lack of a better word, troll.

but the same could be said of the soul glo lounge and although there were *issues* in a short space of time it was resolved *

but the same could be said of the soul glo lounge and although there were *issues* in a short space of time it was resolved *

True, but I imagine that there are more homophobic asswipes then racist asswipes.

The homophobes here at the Hype usually, as maskmanjrk stated, flock to those threads to defame and, for lack of a better word, troll.

and I don't mean the actively homophobic who are just ****s I mean the passively Homophobic who don't know better

Well, let me just state that I have no problem with it at all and that I'm sure some interesting discussion could come out of it. But I'm also sure that some heated, sensitive debates could get it closed as well...knowing the way things here operate.

ad although I am aware of that KB I feel the idea at least deserves an attempt

There already sort of is one.

It's called the X-3 Off-Topic thread

But seriously I don't want one because if we get one the Bible humpers will come in and bother us and then make one of their own.

where is it I can't find it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"