Favorite Movie Monster

i am not saying that johnny depp was bad as sweeney tod , it was one of depp's best performances.
I see a monster as something inhuman . people that don't die , aren't from this planet or have something oddly diffrent about them are monsters.
You coulds ay sweeney is a monster in that he has committed atrocious acts but i see him as a psychotic human and not a movie monster.

The movie itself was a homage to classic monster movies. Not that that qualifies Sweeney as a monster. I've just always thought of him as one since I first saw George Hern's portrayal.

I've always hated Jason Voorhes. He's just Michael Myers souped up on steroids in a hockey mask. There isn't a single scare or bit of originality in any movie he's in.

Predator...

Michael, Jason, and Freddy all suck and there is nothing scary about those three names.

I've always hated Jason Voorhes. He's just Michael Myers souped up on steroids in a hockey mask. There isn't a single scare or bit of originality in any movie he's in.
Jason and Michael are both slow walking slashers and it surprises me that they catch anybody...and Freddy was original for one film and then he got old.

Out of this list probably:

1) Alien
2) Godzilla
3) Predator

King Kong is probably in there somewhere too, but he's not on the list, bafflingly enough. :huh:

Jason and the series used to be scary. The last movie that was actually good in the series was part 4(I think that part 3 is my favorite). Part of the reasons those movies were better that later ones was because,first,you never really saw Jason untill the final act. So the killer was a mystery and that made the movie more suspenseful. Secondly,Jason was still kinda human and would run to catch you. That was alot more terrifying than zombie Jason from parts 6-10.
Freddy Krueger is king of the modern day icons for me. He is an original character that seperated himself from all these silent masked killers a long time ago. A Nightmare on Elm Street changed the landscape of the horror genre. The original is the best film of the 80's and Dream Warriors is one of the all time best horror sequels. In part 3 he was still a pretty creepy guy.It was only in part 4:The Dream Master,that he really became this jokester. Even so,I still find part 4 the most entertaining of the series with the best special effects. Fred Krueger is still ascary figure if you remember what he was in the first few films,and even before that. He was a brutal child killer who knows and would exploit your deepest fears. One of the best things that makes him more special than everyone else...he kills for fun and he enjoys watching you suffer. You can't say that about slashers like Jason,Leatherface and Michael Myers. Or even monsters like the Predator or Godzilla. All of them kill for a purpose,because it's their job,or because they do it for revenge,but Freddy...he does it because he likes it.

jeepers.jpg

JeepersCreepers.jpg

Horror movie wise this guy scared ths **** out of me in the first film. Too bad the second one sucked.

Sure Freddy, MM and Jason were ok back in the day but they don't scare me anymore.

I voted for Predator i am just saying this guy was scary too.

Out of this list probably:

1) Alien
2) Godzilla
3) Predator

King Kong is probably in there somewhere too, but he's not on the list, bafflingly enough. :huh:

Well, the Mods could edit the poll for it to say King Kong, Dracula, Frankenstein, the Wolf-Man, & others so someone could alert the Mods to edit the poll.

1. Predator - The best, in my opinion.

2. Halloween - Classic version.

3. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - I liked the new two that came out.

4. Jeepers Creepers - Almost forgot this one. Loved it.

The new Halloween is the best in my opinion, the old one wasn't as good. It had it's moments but just doesn't match up to the new Halloween. As far as Jason goes, someone needs to do something totally new with him. I'm still awaiting a Jason vs. Michael movie.

Best monster in a scary movie is the Alien, but my favorite overall will always be Godzilla!

Best monster in a scary movie is the Alien, but my favorite overall will always be Godzilla!

For me I enjoyed the American Godzilla movie more than the Japanese Godzilla movies. A man in a rubber suit isn't appealing to me.

Gotta go with Godzilla.

And oldschool Godzilla at that. :up:

Creature from the Black Lagoon is another favourite.

For some reason I could never really come to like Japanese Godzilla, I've always liked American Godzilla mopre than Japanese Zilla but that's probably just me.

I enjoyed the camp factor with oldschool Godzilla. And the fact that he represented something of a force of nature. Where the american Godzilla was basically a creature more or less hiding, and fighting for it's survival within an area very foreign to it. Which works for giant monster films, but wasnt really Godzilla-like, IMO.

Yeah, it wasn't but I still really enjoyed the film. For a giant monster movie, I'd say it was pretty damn good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"