Halloween (Rob Zombie Remaking the Movie)

CrypticOne

Poetic Violence
Reaction score
I just found out that Rob Zombie is going to be remaking the Halloween movie or movies. What do you guys think? I personally like the movies, they are my favorite horror movies, besides the one that doesn't have him in it. But if anyone can tell me anything about this, I would thank you very much for that. Michael Myers might be in a Freddy VS. Jason movie too, so that would be pretty cool.

I dont know look at the remake of Pyscho. Cool for its day but in this time and age only will get a "saw that coming" reaction. To me though theres nothing scarier then a crazy silent man in a halloween costume. The insanity it would take for someone to do it....no ryme no reason just does it. Thats the scariest killer of all.

This is OLD news.
Not to sure about it.
I have to see a trailer before I judge.

I hate the Halloween movies, but love Rob Zombies movies, so I'm sort of torn...and MM being in the next FvsJ was a rumor that was confirmed to be untrue a long ass time ago

The Joker said:
I hate the Halloween movies, but love Rob Zombies movies, so I'm sort of torn...and MM being in the next FvsJ was a rumor that was confirmed to be untrue a long ass time ago

Is FvJ2 coming out?

not for a while..they're making a new Jason movie (Friday the 13th 3.5 sort of, even though it doesnt make sense seeing as 4 started right where 3 left off), and there's rumored to be a new Freddy prequel with him as the springwood slasher before he died

The Joker said:
not for a while..they're making a new Jason movie (Friday the 13th 3.5 sort of, even though it doesnt make sense seeing as 4 started right where 3 left off), and there's rumored to be a new Freddy prequel with him as the springwood slasher before he died

That new Freddy movie is gonna be gay if its only about him before he got all crispy. We already know what happened to him, why a ******ed prequel?

They better have a new contender in FvJ2.

CrypticOne said:
That new Freddy movie is gonna be gay if its only about him before he got all crispy. We already know what happened to him, why a ******ed prequel?

I wish they would take it more seriously then the last one. The last one was actually decent but imagine if it was dark and morbid with cool action scenees and not campy-ish.

This guy will do the franchise well.. hey, even if he dosen't, it can't be anymore effed up than it already is.

WorthyStevens4 said:
It's not a remake...
I thought so, that's the only reason I had no problem with Rob Zombie. He's not trying to make it his own, he's trying to continue the horror of Michael.
The only story I could see working in the movie though is Michael going after John Tate(Josh Hartnett's character from H20) because hasn't Michael's motivation always been to kill his certain family members?

CrypticOne said:

Dude... he was a paedophoile.

In the hands of the right people, it would be a damn creepy movie.

stryfe said:
I wish they would take it more seriously then the last one. The last one was actually decent but imagine if it was dark and morbid with cool action scenees and not campy-ish.

It's Freddy vs Jason. How can it possibly be taken seriously??

kainedamo said:
It's Freddy vs Jason. How can it possibly be taken seriously??

It could be done seriously.

Majik1387 said:
I thought so, that's the only reason I had no problem with Rob Zombie. He's not trying to make it his own, he's trying to continue the horror of Michael.
The only story I could see working in the movie though is Michael going after John Tate(Josh Hartnett's character from H20) because hasn't Michael's motivation always been to kill his certain family members?

You misunderstand.

It's not a remake, it's a reimagining.

kainedamo said:
Dude... he was a paedophoile.

In the hands of the right people, it would be a damn creepy movie.

he wasnt a pedophile, he was just a child killer...they never stated once that he f**ked the kids before he killed them, nor was it ever implied...although I do think that would be a nice way to go to flesh it out a bit :o

I'm a huge fan of Zombie's, though couldn't care at all for the Halloween franchise. Though I'll still watch it just to see what he makes of it.

Since 99.9% of teenagers watch horror movies they are remaking every horror movie under the sun.Most teens won't watch a horror movie in B&W from the 1950's,they get remade and updated in color and such and teens flock to the theaters to see them,and walk out saying it rocked.

I COULD say what I think of Rob Zombie, this movie, and all the people supporting it.

But then I'd get banned.

I love Halloween 1 and 2. The rest suck. What would Rob Zombie do to make it different? Is he going to keep him silent and without rhyme or reason other than family members? That is what makes MM creepy.

The Joker said:
he wasnt a pedophile, he was just a child killer...they never stated once that he f**ked the kids before he killed them, nor was it ever implied...although I do think that would be a nice way to go to flesh it out a bit :o

they did imply that he tortured them in a psuedo sexual manner. i believe in freddy's dead: the final nightmare they referred to that...i think...
anyway, i'd see rob zombie's halloween remake/reimagining/whatever. just for kicks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"