Favorite Movie Theater Snack

cheungcheung

Sidekick
Reaction score
What do you guys eat/drink when watching a movie in the theater (and do you buy from the concession stand or sneak stuff in?)

I do one of three things:
1. Nothing because I've already had food elsewhere or plan to eat/drink after the movie (majority of the time).
2. Large beer at one of the fancy theaters with reserved seating and leather seats
3. Bottle of water and some candy (sour neon worms and/or gummy peaches) that I bring in from cvs/walgreens. I know it's wrong but I just can't justify the $4.00+ water that theaters charge (and I used to work at a theater too for many years during my college breaks..)

Nothing. Apparently I have a superpower that nobody in North America has: I can sit still in the dark for 2-3 hours without eating.

It kind of depends on which theater I'm going to. 2 of them have a 7-11 really close so I grab a slurpee (a fraction of the price of a theater pop and it will last through nearly a whole movie).
1 theater has a Boston Pizza really close and I've been known to bring in a small pepperoni if I know the showing isn't too busy. I foresee this happening a lot soon, the theater I visit most often has a BP opening literally across the street within a couple of weeks and I absolutely loathe the crappy "pizza, pizza" that they sell at Outtakes in the theater.

If theaters had decent food, even massively overpriced food, I'd probably cut down on my smuggling, but doughy pizza slices with sparse cheese or overpriced Burger King are not good choices to go with overpriced pop and popcorn (a large pop and small popcorn with butter is nearly $13!:wow: More than the price of the movie ticket.)

I like Cookie Dough Bites and the sour gummy worms, but I usually don't buy anything.

Nachos, which I dip into my popcorn.

Friends and I sneaked some McDonalds into the theater once, I think for Thor. Sure made the movie more fun.

Pork rinds and a small bottle of Coke. I only drink small sips...don't want to pee when I watch movies. I barely survived Avatar.

Skittles and Starburst all day.

And yeah I sneak stuff in. I get why the prices for food at the movies is so high, but Im sorry Im not paying $4 for Skittles that are about half of the bag you get at 7-11

Ive taken Burger King in before. It was great. Didnt even sneak it in. It was in plain sight.

Just a diet coke usually... or a hot dog if I'm feeling particuarly naughty...

None of the theaters in my area have a great selection of food. It's usually just overpriced concessions, in which case I avoid getting anything unless I'm with my girlfriend and she wants popcorn and an icee.

Either nothing, or sour patch kids and hi-C

I rarely eat at the theater but on the times that I do, it's just popcorn and soda.

popcorn bought at the cinema and if I feel especially hungry or thirsty, I smuggle in some kind of sandwiches along with a can or two of beverage in my gym bag... if they ask to open the bag, I always tell 'em that it's fine and to go ahead, but I just came from working out at the gym, so if they don't mind looking thru some sweaty clothes... when they hear that, they have ALWAYS told me to just go ahead without a search...
I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay the prices that they charge at the cinema...

So...do Americans really eat greasy pizzas, hamburgers and pork chops when they watch movies in the theater? Or is that just a myth?

Nothing. Apparently I have a superpower that nobody in North America has: I can sit still in the dark for 2-3 hours without eating.

I'm the exact same way...but mine sprung from an incident while seeing Titanic back in 1998. I got a big soda for a long movie and was practically rooting for the ship at the end.

Rough day.

I just go for some good old fashioned popcorn. If I get candy, it's usually either Sour Patch Kids or peanut M&Ms.

So...do Americans really eat greasy pizzas, hamburgers and pork chops when they watch movies in the theater? Or is that just a myth?

More and more theaters are adding pizza to the menu, and I don't know about burgers (kind of rare unless you're in a dine-in theater) or pork chops (???), but nachos are pretty much a staple at every theater.

More and more theaters are adding pizza to the menu, and I don't know about burgers (kind of rare unless you're in a dine-in theater) or pork chops (???), but nachos are pretty much a staple at every theater.

Pork chops was a joke:woot: but thank you for the answer.

I actually wouldn't mind more pork chops in my life. They should be made available at concession stands everywhere.

I actually wouldn't mind more pork chops in my life. They should be made available at concession stands everywhere.

M&Ms. Always M&Ms. And I always sneak them in from the outside because f*** paying $5 for candy.

Full roasted chicken from Safeway. They don't check my backpack.

Twizzlers or popcorn with a white cherry icee.

Cinnamon rolls from Dunkin Donuts, a hot dog, popcorn, and an orange Gatorade!! Lol

We usually hit up 7-11 before we go (I usually go with friends who work at the theater with me, so we don't have to worry about getting stopped because of the outside food). Lately I've been getting snicker bites or reese's bites. And I usually grab a raspberry brisk iced tea.

Last edited:
Lifesavers or mint candies. Just something to suck on so my throat doesn't get too dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"