Favorite Nolan Film

Ronny Shade said:
wel...um...good for them?

I felt unfairly teased.

Well that's unfortunate for you. You let that ruin your experience of enjoying a well made and good film.

Well made and good films don't renig on a terrific build-up.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Wow, there won't be much variety in what movie will be most picked, esp. on a COMIC BOOK FORUM.

Too true.

Ronny Shade said:
"This machine wasn't built by a magician, it was built by a wizard"
"He can do what magicians pretend to do"
"real magic"

How did you not?

You already knew they were talking about Nikola Tesla at that point. Do you not know who Nikola Tesla is? Did you think he was going to turn out to be Merlin or something? It was really obvious they were going for a science-fiction thing, throughout the whole movie. Especially all the too-advanced for the time stuff in the workshops, the mechanical birdcage vest trick. It was fairly deliberately steam-punk, why would they change that?

Leto Atrides said:
You already knew they were talking about Nikola Tesla at that point. Do you not know who Nikola Tesla is? Did you think he was going to turn out to be Merlin or something? It was really obvious they were going for a science-fiction thing, throughout the whole movie. Especially all the too-advanced for the time stuff in the workshops, the mechanical birdcage vest trick. It was fairly deliberately steam-punk, why would they change that?

Thank you! I forgot to bring up Tesla. It's a shame that some people don't know anything about him.

YAY, another I love BB thread!!! lol. Anyways, Prestige isn't out in the UK yet, but I'd say insomnia is the best, then memento, then BB.

Batman Begins

With Memento coming in at a very, very, VERY close second. :up:

I haven't seen Following or Memento, so I can't pick yet.

1. Batman Begins/ The Prestige
2. Memento
3. Insomnia

Batman Begins for me.

Following isn't a great movie, but its pretty good, and shows you Nolan directing methods. I like Following and love all his other ones. If I had to choose an order it would be...

1. Batman Begins
2. The Prestige
3. Memento
4. Insomnia
5. Following

Lighthouse said:
Following isn't a great movie, but its pretty good, and shows you Nolan directing methods. I like Following and love all his other ones. If I had to choose an order it would be...

1. Batman Begins
2. The Prestige
3. Memento
4. Insomnia
5. Following
bingo, I agree with everything

Leto Atrides said:
Never heard of him before I saw this.

1. Batman Begins
2. Memento
3. The Prestige
4. Insomnia

I have not seen The Following

1)Batman Begins
2)Insomnia

I don't like or haven't seen the other ones.

Having seen the prestige, i'm tempted to say that, however, I'd need to watch it again, altho insomnia has better acting by miles.

1. Batman Begins
2. The Prestige
3. Insomnia

I have yet to see the other two, regrettably. I was very torn between BB and The Prestige. I enjoyed them both a lot, so it's almost a tie, but ultimately, I can only choose one.

1. Insomnia/prestige (good films)
2. memento (above average film)
3. BB (Mediocre film)

(not seen the following)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"