Director/Composer Pairs

Peter Jackson/Howard Shore could've been a GREAT team, I think... but it just never really materialized, save the lotr scores of course.

*Edit - I'd also add a great pair is Shigeru Miyamoto/Koji Kondo, since the thread title doesn't just say movies. :o

Nice. I'll add to that...

Hideo Kojima/Harry-Gregson-Williams & Norihiko Hibino
Whoever the hell directs the Silent Hill games/Akira Yamaoka

black_dust said:
Would Robert Rodriguez count seeing as he has his hand in every pie going

By the by i love carpenters work :D Escape from NY is the best

"DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN! Dundun Dun DUn DUN DUN DUN DUN!"
I put that as a close second because I frikkin love the Big Trouble in Little China theme so much.

But nothing can beat Escape from NY for pure atmosphere. :up:

Oh yeah, and if I haven't said it already (it goes without saying) Elfman/Burton is just an AMAZING combination. No two people in the directing/composer business have better chemistry. They understand each other better than I understand my own vagina.

One of my personal favorite director/composer teamups of all time is Robert Zemeckis and Alan Silvestri. Oh fun trivia fact even though Elfman has been Burtons 'guy' for his movie scores (elfman even did the beetlejuice cartoon theme too :woot: ), there was ONE film that Burton did that did NOT have an elfman theme, can you name the movie and the composer who 'replaced' the AWESOME Elfman :cwink:?

Howard Shore in Ed Wood. Pretty much the most obvious piece of trivia to anyone who knows the two.

Burton and Elfman had a fallout during Selick's 'Nightmare(?)' and promised to go their separate ways. Elfman ignored the faint attempts Burton took to reach Elfman, but they patched it up in time for Burton's next flick, making Shore the only composer to score a Burton flick.

Shore and Elfman also have a lot of other similarities... can't remember them all off-hand though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"