Director/Composer Pairs

JTStarkiller

Sidekick
Reaction score
Inspired by Poetic Chaos' Director/Actor thread, this is a place to list your favorite director and composer collaborations.

I picked up the score to The Prestige yesterday, which only further increased my appreciation for the work Christopher Nolan and David Julyan have done together. Here are some of my favorites. Feel free to add your own.

Hayao Miyazaki / Joe Hisaishi
Christopher Nolan / David Julyan
Ridley Scott / Hans Zimmer
Steven Spielberg / John Williams

Tim Burton/Danny Elfman
M.Night Shyamalan/James Newton Howard
Tony Scott/Harry Gregson Williams

Fenrir said:
Tim Burton/Danny Elfman
M.Night Shyamalan/James Newton Howard
Tony Scott/Harry Gregson Williams
I pick this one. I even enjoyed the music in The terrible Lady in the Water, and the fell apart in it's third act but still wouldn't been very good Village.

Space Moose said:
Best Director/Musician ever.
I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Not like gay or anything.

Ronny Shade said:
I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Not like gay or anything.
You mean in a festive way...? :cwink:

Maybe start a John Carpenter thread.

I'd have nothing to say except "John Carpenter rules"

Ronny Shade said:
I'd have nothing to say except "John Carpenter rules"
Needs to save the movie industry by making more ass kickin' movies like Escape From Earth.

Show 'em how it's done!

I was thinking a prequel called "Escape from Detroit" or "Escape from Cleveland" but Escape from Earth sounds pretty kickass.

Yeah, where the ****'s he been at anyway, last thing he did was that Showtime movie and I don't get showtime :down.

Why didn't Nolan go with Julyan for Begins? Anyone know?

Also, I thought Raimi/Elfman was pretty good... and even though I don't think Ottman is that special on his own, I think Singer/Ottman is not bad.

Kipobe said:
Why didn't Nolan go with Julyan for Begins? Anyone know?

If you've seen Nolan's other four films, you'd know that his style didn't really suit Begins. Maybe a tad on JNH's side, but Zimmer was a better choice.

Raimi/Elfman
Burton/Elfman
Cammeron/brad fiedel

Spielberg/Williams = greatest film/score collaborators of all time. Williams is the second most Oscar-nominated man in the Academy history...and for a damn good reason.

Sergio Leone/Ennio Morricone
Alfred Hitchcock/Bernard Herrmann (surprised no one has said this yet!)

Spielberg / Williams
Hitchcock / Herrmann
Elfman / Burton
Cameron / Horner

Franklin Schaffner/Jerry Goldsmith (we're talking Planet of the Apes, Patton, Papillon, Islands in the Stream, The Boys from Brazil, Lionheart...)

Or we have the two in one - John Carpenter.

Paul Verhoeven/Basil Polederios(sp?)

JTStarkiller said:
If you've seen Nolan's other four films, you'd know that his style didn't really suit Begins. Maybe a tad on JNH's side, but Zimmer was a better choice.
I've seen 3 of the 4... I thought they were all well scored, and thought Julyan would've done a bang-up job on Begins. Zimmer/Howard's score seemed forced for them... it was good, yes... but I would've liked to have heard Julyan's score.

Balian said:
Or we have the two in one - John Carpenter.
Would Robert Rodriguez count seeing as he has his hand in every pie going

By the by i love carpenters work :D Escape from NY is the best

"DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN! Dundun Dun DUn DUN DUN DUN DUN!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"