Favorite Quotes

magicangel1989

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey, i just noticed that we don't have a favorite quotes thread for Watchmen. So i figured i may as well start one. Here are mine:

Rorschach

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the ****es and politicians will look up and shout 'save us!'...
And i'll whisper "No". "

"That's right. Human bean juice. Ha Ha."

"You Quit."

"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me."

"DO IT!"

"Never despair. Never Surrender."

Nite Owl II

"There's no need for panic, the police strike is being negotiated right now."

"But the country's disintegrating. What's happened to America? What's happened to the American Dream?"

"...No matter how black it got, when i looked through these goggles everything was as clear as day."

"Hold tight. We're going home to roost."

"Listen, I've had it! Who the hell do you think you are? You live off people while insulting them, nobody complains because they think you're a goddamned lunatic!"

"Who did it? Tell me who did it, you slime! Who murdered Hollis?"

Ozymandias

"The man was practically a nazi."

"It doesn't require genius to see that America has problems that need tackling."

"What have you got in...No. Open your mouth. OPEN IT!"

"That's Bubastis. She's a genetically altered lynx. They cost a lot to feed i am afraid."

"Manners."

"I did it. I DID IT!"

Dr. Manhattan

"Life and death are unquantifiable abstracts. Why should i be concerned?"

"I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"Is this dark enough?"

"I don't think there is a god Janey. If there is, i am not him."

"I don't think your life is meaningless."

"Nothing ends Adrian. Nothing ever ends."

Silk Spectre II

"It's just i keep thinking i am thirty five. What have i done?"

"Jeez, y' know that felt good. There don't seem to be so many laughs around these days."

"Leave that alone! That's my Mother's!"

"Fire Extinguishers! Where the hell are the Fire Extinguishers?"

"I used to be a masked avenger too remember...I mean, I'm used to going out at three in the morning and doing something stupid."

"People's lives takes them strange places. They do strange things and...well, sometimes they can't talk about them. I know how that is.
I love you Mom. You never did anything wrong by me."

The Comedian

"We can move. Finally i can scratch my armpit?" :woot:

"This is what you like huh? This is what get's you hot?"

"Oh and i wonder who that would be? Got any ideas Ozzy? I mean you are the smartest guy in the world right?"

"Hey, i never said it was a good joke. I'm just playing along with the gag."

"You're drifting outta touch doc. You're turning into a flake. God help us all.":woot:

"Until then we are society's only protection. We keep it up as long as we have to."

"It came true. You're looking at it."

"It's a joke. Its all a joke."

I love this one from Rorschach: "Missed you while in prison, boys. Feels good to be back. Visited two bars before this. You may have heard ambulances. Hopefully, luckier here."

I have three.

Rorschach: None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me.

Rorschach: Not even in the face of armageddon. Never compromise.

Laurie Juspeczyk: Hey, you remember that guy? The one who pretended to be a supervillain so he could get beaten up?
Dan Dreiberg: Oh, You mean Captain Carnage. Ha ha ha! He was one for the books.
Laurie: You're telling me! I remember, I caught him coming out of this jeweller's. I didn't know what his racket was. I start hitting him and I think "Jeez! He's breathing funny! Does he have asthma?
Dan: Ha Ha Ha. He tried that with me, only I'd heard about him, so I just walked away. He follows me down the street… broad daylight, right? He's saying "PUNISH me!" I'm saying "No! Get lost!"
Laurie: Ha Ha Ha. What ever happened to him?
Dan: Well, he pulled it on Rorschach, and Rorschach dropped him down an elevator shaft.
Laurie: PHAAA HA HA HA! Oh, God, I'm sorry, that isn't funny, Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!
Dan: Ha Ha Ha! No, I guess it's not...
Laurie: Ahuh. Ahuhuhuh... Jeez, y'know, that felt good. There don't seem to be that many laughs around these days.
Dan: Well, what do you expect? The Comedian is dead.

"Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us. Only us."

the quote of the graphic novel, imo.

I've always liked the Comedians "American dream" line, as well as Rorschach's responses to Big Figure and his fat assistant, "tall order" and "fat chance".

Not a quote, but the moment in chapter 12 where Dan is realizing that Veidt is telling the truth and Rorschach keeps telling Adrian to call off Bubastis. How nervous Rorschach was made by her made me laugh way harder than it should've when I was re-reading it last weekend.

I also like Rorschach's return in Chapter 10.

Bartender: "Oh, no."
Rorschach: "Oh, yes."

A couple of my favorites:

Rorschach- You keep calling me Walter. I don't like you.

Doctor Manhattan: A live body and a dead body contain the same number of particles. Structurally, there's no discernible difference. Life and death are unquantifiable abstracts. Why should I be concerned?

Dan Dreiberg: But the country's disintegrating. What's happened to America? What's happened to the American dream?.
The Comedian: [brandishing shotgun] It came true. You're lookin' at it. Now c'mon... let's really put these jokers through some changes.

Doctor Manhattan: "I've walked across the sun. I've seen events so tiny and so fast they hardly can be said have occurred at all, but you... you are a man. And this world's smartest man means no more to me than does its smartest termite."

"Lying. Do it again,broken arm. Not joking."

"Do it? Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"