Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Anno_Domini, Feb 17, 2013.

?

Favorite Spider-Man film?

1. Spider-Man

2. Spider-Man 2

3. Spider-Man 3

4. The Amazing Spider-Man

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

It does stay around as the first reboot and also more now since Nolan's trilogy is complete. TAS-M will be lucky to have the latter.

2. DACrowe

DACrowe Well-Known Member

I would also say it is because there is not a whole lot of memorable imagery or moments in TASM. Certainly nothing on par with the upside down kiss or final swing. But I would even say moments like Peter ignoring that guy in the hallway and the use of close-ups there, as well as the scene where Peter is bitten by the spider while shooting pictures of MJ, are both simpler and more memorable than any of the convoluted moments in TASM. Also Peter's red outfit in SM1 vs. the hoodie in TASM again shows a cheeky simplicity and visual wit to Raimi's style that allows it to stand out.

Just my opinion.

3. Anno_Domini

The only thing memorable, I'd say, in TAS-M is the final swing, but only because I see that pretty much all the time whenever I go to Wal-Mart or Target and see previews of the film, or when I watch stuff on the web on an UK channel and they always play the previews for the Sky Movies that plays TAS-M and only shows the final swing as well to promote the film.

4. chatterbot

chatterbot Guest

I didn't like any of them. 4th one is probably the best. Since I saw the first one it made the 4th one less interesting though. They should have just picked up with a new story in the same world as the first 3...but recast the actors.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  5. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think I would have preferred that.

6. kedrell

kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

I for one am glad they took the opportunity to set the record straight on a lotta stuff that the first series got wrong(web shooters, Gwen first, Spidey has a sense of humor, etc.). People(and there are a lot of them in the GA) who otherwise never read a comic book nor watch a superhero cartoon at least now don't have to be jarred when they see a Spider-man who's powers don't include the ability to create his own webbing from his body(which I always thought was a little disgusting anyway).

There are a great many people for whom the movie version is the only version they'll ever know.....SO GET IT RIGHT!

7. Anno_Domini

So you're saying the people who know Spider-Man only from the films will think his parents always worked with Curt Connors and OsCorp and that Curt's family never appear in his life, lol.

Sure, I can agree Webb introduced some stuff that needed to finally be used, but let's not make it seem Webb got everything right.

8. kedrell

I never said he got everything right. But at least between the 2 different takes we got a good amount covered. Sure, it's an imperfect system and it would be great if they got it 100% right on the first try every time they bring a new hero/mythos to the screen, but as we can plainly see....that's just not realistic.

9. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

You presume that the best possible result is a 100% exact transliteration of the comics to the big screen. You really shouldn't just assume that to be the case.

10. kedrell

Well in terms of accuracy then yes that would be the case. I think it's entirely possible that some changes movie makers take to certain properties are improvments upon source material. Usually though, they aren't. Definitely not in the case of Spider-man on film, IMO.

11. Bowie

Bowie Well-Known Member

12. MCU

MCU Well-Known Member

I completely agree, I think Spider-Man 2 is so overrated. Like insane overrated. Never understood what people like about it so much. Like you said, I think the film is pretty embarrassing as well. Raimi's first film and TASM are the best ones imho as well. The only thing really holding back Raimi's first is the horrible Goblin suit. The only thing holding back TASM is a felt a bit rushed and like a rehash. It's cast the was spot on and worked great together. That's why I think with more time, not being a rehash and some even more great casting in the form of Jamie Foxx, Paul Giamatti, Chris Cooper and Dane DeHaan TASM2 is gonna blow all these out.

13. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

First time I've ever ventured out of the Arrow boards. Anyway, for me TASM wins hands down.

Read the first page and someone talks about how it's the worst movie and he's not Spiderman or Peter Parker, and feel exactly the opposite.

For me Maguire was completely miscast, and scripted badly. This new guy, he is what I remember from saturday morning cartoons. "Slow down doc, can't we just talk this over, your not thinking straight" while zipping through his legs. The constant quips during combat. Sitting in the back seat of the car when it's broken into. Playing games on his phone.

Just everything, he had the personality. He also climbed like a spider. You saw every single thing about him, from making the webs, taking the mask. You see why he always answers his phone, even when he's tracking lizards through sewers. That awesome scene on Gwen's balcony where his spidey senses kicked in. Then the Lizard, another saturday morning cartoon throwback, great choice for a villain, though I wish he kept the lab coat in Lizard form a bit longer. Either way it was very true to what I remember of Spiderman which is a cocksure, confident and sometimes arrogant guy.

And the best bit? He was vunerable. Every night he came home battered and bruised. This movie was real. I loved it. The other triology, to me, I just didn't enjoy it really.

Simply put if Maguire was Spiderman, the new guy was the Amazing Spider Man. Better wall climbing, better web slinging. He wowed me, Maguire didn't.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  14. Duran Man

Duran Man The Seventh Stranger

Spider-Man 8.5/10
    Spider-Man 2 8/10
    Amazing Spider-Man 7/10
    Spider-Man 3: 0/10

15. Picard Sisko

Picard Sisko Prepare to be Assimilated

Well that's your opinion, so I guess you can believe it.

16. Picard Sisko

Spider-Man 2 - 9.5/10
    Spider-Man - 9/10
    The Amazing Spider-Man - 8.5/10
    Spider-Man 3 - 5.5/10

17. Anno_Domini

Hrm...for so much of how we bicker on TAS-M, we both prefer Raimi's first two Spidey films :up:

And before you mention your sig...this is the first time I've just looked at your sig, lol.

18. Picard Sisko

My ratings have changed SLIGHTLY since I last made my sig, but its basically the same.

19. Anno_Domini

There's a tiny handful of CBMs that have really stayed the same in my eyes. The Avengers wasn't one of them. Still view it as the best MCU flick, but I don't have it in the top three anymore with TDKR and TDK. I have Spider-Man 2 rounding off the top three these days.

20. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Justin. Haha I've been reading the ASM forums since the film came out in July and I've seen every argument for and against ASM in the book. And I gotta say, its refreshing to see a great simple breakdown like this. Makes me want to watch it again. lol. 100% agreement, well done.

21. Picard Sisko

The Avengers is more spectacle. So when you are not watching on a huge theater screen with amazing surround sound, the movie isn't as impressive IMO. Still a great movie, but its not SM2 or TDK.