World Favorite Spidey game?

Its a hard choice, I loved Spider-Man on the PS1, DC for the extras. Spider-Man 2 for the new swinging and free roaming and Ultimate Spider-Man for the story.

I guess i'll probably go with Spider-Man 2 because thats the one I played for about a year after completing it.

Im going to have to go with the PS1 game. the storyline was awesome and i loved all of the unlockables, and Stan "the man" Lee's narration made it feel like a true spidey game. even though the web-swinging wasnt the greatest it still was fun. and all of the classic villains made it a great game.

PS1

Can Spider-Man and X-Men:Arcade's Revenge count too? That was a good game also

PS1 Against Doc Ock & Carnage. That was my initiation into the entire gaming genre....in fact, i bought my first console specifically FOR that game.

My daughter was about 8 years old at the time and we spent many weekend hours working through it together, (much to my wife's chagrin, lol).

Good times with that game...good memories.

The first SM movie game is a close second.

Spider-Man: The Movie was a good breakthrough. The web-slingin wasn't as creative as it should have been in Spider-Man: The Movie.

The sequel passed by the SM:The Movie video game.

Ultimate Spider-Man is may favorite game of the three I listed. The thing that got annoying was that would have to complete a race to move on to the next level.

The PS1 game with Ock and Carnage,is still the best Spider-Man game to date IMO.The game had a real classic feel to it.Like you were in the Spider-Man comics.

The voice acting was spot on,I loved the story line,and there was more villains here than any other Spidey game to date- Ock,Venom,Carnage,Scorpion,Rhino,Mysterio,and The Lizard.

Not to mention it had the best unlockables and extras ever.

Doc Ock said:
The PS1 game with Ock and Carnage,is still the best Spider-Man game to date IMO.The game had a real classic feel to it.Like you were in the Spider-Man comics.

The voice acting was spot on,I loved the story line,and there was more villains here than any other Spidey game to date- Ock,Venom,Carnage,Scorpion,Rhino,Mysterio,and The Lizard.

And cool cameos by Daredevil, Black Cat, The Torch, The Punisher, and Captain America.

I enjoyed Enter Electro as well, and was kind of hoping Activision would continue releasing more Spidey games within this particular continuity....but unfortunately, Electro seemed to be the last one.

Silver Sable said:
PS1

Can Spider-Man and X-Men:Arcade's Revenge count too? That was a good game also
Never played it, but I guess it would qualify as "other".

Damn thats a good point, i probably would have voted for the Animated Spider-Man game i had on my megadrive

Spider-man 2, Also the 1990 arcade game.

This poll is missing the Spidey Videogames from 1980-1998

my favourite is the one that originally came out on the gameboy...

second is the ps 1 version, it's just ace...

Spidey PS1 with Doc Ock

it was kick ass, although I wouldn't have mind having more thugs like in spidey two for PS1

too many symbiotes but its all good :up:

I agree there was symbiote overkill, which kinda put a damper on the first game b/c I was already a little tired of Venom & Carnage.
I also wish they hadn't based Ock & Scorpion on Byrne's designs. Otherwise it was a fun game w/great action & a great storyline. The second one I also liked, but not as much. The ice webbing I found totally useless & the tazer webbing was a bit much.
Haven't played the first movie game but I got a kick out of the second one, & Ultimate is a nice complement to the series. I love the story & animation.

Chris Wallace said:
I agree there was symbiote overkill, which kinda put a damper on the first game b/c I was already a little tired of Venom & Carnage.
I also wish they hadn't based Ock & Scorpion on Byrne's designs. Otherwise it was a fun game w/great action & a great storyline. The second one I also liked, but not as much. The ice webbing I found totally useless & the tazer webbing was a bit much.
Haven't played the first movie game but I got a kick out of the second one, & Ultimate is a nice complement to the series. I love the story & animation.

I dunno I liked Scorpians design, I was really thrilled that they had a level based on JJ, the symbiote was overkilled, but the storyline for it was great though. I really enjoyed the second game also but it seemed short IMO I finished the game very fast :O.

As for the PS2 versions I never played USM or the Spidey 2, I played bits and pieces of spidey 1 for ps2 but my little brother (11) insists on playing it only when I do. Can't blame him though :spidey:

The second game did seem a bit short, & a little too easy at some stages. Hammerhead was harder to fight than Electro.

Can someone please give me some deatials about the Spider-Man 2 game boy game?

Doc Ock said:

Couldn't agree more!:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"