Favorite tv shows of 2009

how far along is Breaking Bad? I'm kinda interested now. What exactly is the show about? All I know is it stars Bryan Cranston from Malcolm in the middle and it's some kind of dark comedy/drama thing.

1. Torchwood - This had to be the most intense 5 hours of Science Fiction television I've ever seen.

2. Battlestar Galactica - I don't really need to say anything about it. It had the best finale to any science fiction series ever.

3. 30 Rock - It's almost as brilliant as Arrested Development, almost.

4. Glee - I started watching this later than I should have, and I'm really glad I'm getting into it.

5. True Blood - Sexy Vampires who aren't all broody and emo-ish. Sounds like a win in my book. It harkens back to the Buffy days of Vampires, before Meyer made them all sparkly, and they were blood thirsty, vicious, evil creatures, with your occasional nice one.

6. Doctor Who - Since there were only specials, it ranks lower. The Next Doctor was really poor. Great acting, but very poor plot. A giant Robot in victorian england that people for some reason just forget. The strongest of the five was Waters of Mars. It was a terrifying episode, and it had one of the saddest, but best, endings of them all. and Wilfred Mott is the most bada$$ 80 year old alive.

That's really all I watched this year. I haven't seen this season of Dollhouse yet, so I can't judge it.

torchwood blew my doors off with Children of the Earth....especially when the officials started having "the conversation"

torchwood blew my doors off with Children of the Earth....especially when the officials started having "the conversation"

I'm honestly surprised I'm the first person to mention it...

most people who have BBC America don't even know they have it...I came across it by accident one afternoon when I was channel surfing

most people who have BBC America don't even know they have it...I came across it by accident one afternoon when I was channel surfing
I don't even have it... I just downloaded it after it came on in the UK. I still bought it on blu-ray, so it's ok.:awesome:

Smallville - Pretty much the only show I watch consistantly & keep up to date with. I've seen too many episodes, elated with some, angered with others to stop watching now. Breath of fresh air into the Superman mythos, some stuff works, others not so much.. but ultimately that can be said about any of the origin stories I've read & seen for the character.

House - Very entertaining & funny, very well written show.

The Big Bang Theory - I didn't really fully get into The Big Bang Theory until recently, I had watched several episodes & really liked them..however I never made a point to check when it was next on. But I go into it & I think its very entertaining.

Dollhouse - Another Joss Whedon series I liked, pity no one really took to this I thought it was just getting interesting. I'm mid way through the 2nd & final series.

South Park - Highly funny at times & in my opinion one of the most cleverly written shows on TV 90% of the time.

Thats pretty much the only new/current things I've watched on TV this year that I can think off.

Although I did watch the entier 5 series of Angel as they ran through on TV as I'd kinda lost track of Angel mid-season 2 or 3 & only saw a splutter of episodes here & there..
Pity it was cancelled, its one of those TV shows that has been cancelled or just ended & you just get the feeling they had one more good story arc to tell..

some other good shows are:
house. they had marthorn of it today

Nsic :los Angeles this is spin off from nsic

the froggtoen this has christian slate. if you seen without a trace instead of missing persons its about forgotten case trying to be sloved

the meanlist i know most every epsidoe of the first season by heart

gray unmarried. this is really funny show

tyler PARIEYS meet the browns. only seen it once or twice. its really good show

american best dance crew it about different groups dancing to rap music. it should come back sometime this month.

Dexter
The Tudors
Torchwood
True Blood
Nip/Tuck
The Shield
Supernatural
Stargate Universe
Flash Forward
Vampire Diaries
Legend of the Seeker
Star Wars: Clone Wars
30 Rock
Smallville
V
For the Love of Ray J
Rock of Love Bus
Real Chance of Love
I Love Money 2
American Idol
Colbert Show
Daily Show
Family Guy
The Cleveland Show
American Dad
The Simpsons
The Game (the show is off the air but I've been catching up with it on BET)
Unsung
Life After

I liked 24 and Everybody Hates Chris for the most part, but I watched them off and on. I'm also catching some of the EHC on BET.

Last edited:
- Sons of anarchy

- The Big bang theory

- Better off Ted

- How i met your mother

- True Blood

- Heroes :o

how far along is Breaking Bad? I'm kinda interested now. What exactly is the show about? All I know is it stars Bryan Cranston from Malcolm in the middle and it's some kind of dark comedy/drama thing.

Cranston plays Walter White who is a high school chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with lung cancer who has a baby on the way and a teenage with . His brother in law is with the DEA on a ride along he sees a meth lab bust. He decides to cook meth with a former drop out student of his who is a drug dealer. He plans to save up money to provide for his family but it doesn't go as planned.

Its had 20 episodes air over two seasons, the third season starts this March on AMC.

Here are the opening minutes of the first episode, I can't think of a show that captures your attention right away. It does have some funny moments but it also gets as dark and violent as any other show on cable. It gets really good in the second season (13 episodes) as they dive deeper into the criminal world of New Mexico.

[YT]TpQoavGLWIo[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"