Favourite book/series?

Discussion in 'Books and Music' started by StasyWalker, May 23, 2019.

1. StasyWalker

StasyWalker Registered

What is your favourite book or book series? Why? My favorite books are a series called the Earth's Children series,& they're by Jean M.Auel.(The first book in the series is called 'Clan of the Cave Bear',then it's 'Valley of the Horses','The Mammoth Hunters','Plains of Passage','Shelters of Stone',& the final book in the series is 'The Land of Painted Caves'.I love those books;even though there's only 6 books in the series,she puts so much research into them that the first book came out in 1981,and the final book didn't come out until 2011. And romeo and juliet by william shakespeare The fifth book came out in 2002,so I was so excited when the 6th & final book came out because I had been waiting 9 years for it. They take place in ice age Europe during the late Pleistocene Era,which I've always been really fascinated with.

CJ likes this.
  2. CJ

CJ Every Hero has a Genesis

It's been a while since I read a book, but as a gamer, I really enjoyed Console Wars by Blake J. Harris. A really engaging story of how former Mattel President Tom Kalinske was hired by Sega to help the struggling company go against Nintendo back in the early 90's.

As for classic novels, Charles Dickens Great Expectations is my all-time favorite. I highly reccommend it.

I also enjoyed the Jules Verne novels 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea & Journey to the Center of the Earth.

3. ComicChick

ComicChick I Work Too Much

Sabaa Tahir's Ember in the Ashes series is probably my favorite series i've read in a very very long time. ive read each book 3 times already.

also, i really like Leigh Bardugo's Grishaverse, particularly the Six of Crows/Crooked Kingdom Duology

and Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy/Bloodlines series are very fond favorites from when i was younger. ive read the Vampire Academy series at least twice through, and almost every Bloodlines book twice as well.

4. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

I don't know that I can pick just one.... so just a few of my favorite book series:

Mercy Thompson/Alpha & Omega (counting it as one series because they are somewhat interconnected/have started overlapping a bit more) - by Patricia Briggs

Green Rider series - by Kristen Britain

Like @ComicChick, The Grisha books/series (specifically Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom and by gosh I wish she would write more about Kaz and his group of miscreants) - by Leigh Bardugo

Bone Witch series by Rin Chupeco (still need to read the most recent one)

Arc of a Scythe series by Neal Shusterman (3rd book should be coming out this fall!)

5. ComicChick

ComicChick I Work Too Much

@Silvermoon finally someone else who has read the Grisha books :highfive:
    i'm actually tempted to re-read them