Feige: "more than half of [heroes] will be women."

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by MasterCat, Jul 3, 2018.

1. MasterCat

MasterCat Well-Known Member

What is the essence of Nebula or Mantis that James Gunn captured and tremendously loves? Those seem like two examples of huge failures as adaptations, whether or not the new characters in the MCU are good ones.

2. Zarex

Zarex Well-Known Member

I will admit that we haven't quite received "The Most Dangerous Woman in the Unvierse" vibe from Gamora. But Gunn did a wonderful job capturing their complex relationship to each other and to Thanos. Gillan has been great, and appears as though she were ripped right from the comics. Saldana was absolutely wonderful in Infinity War. I doubt many hardcore fans of both characters are complaining about their big screen portrayals.

3. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

Well personally I've never hade the hate for the X-films that some other fans seem to. And honestly the problem with that was, yet again, context. All of the other Horsemen got outfits that looked both battle-ready and had a similar theme that tied them to Apocalypse. Whereas Psylocke, who had a less revealing outfit when she was working in Caliban's club, just has her comic one.

It made Apocalypse look like kind of a perv actually. :cwink:

4. BaronZemo

BaronZemo Well-Known Member

yeah, no you got the whole thing in your head.

Captain Marvel looks like the comics.
    Scarlet Witch looks like the comics. Have you seen her Uncanny Avengers outfit?
    Maria Hill looks like the comics.
    Black Widow looks like the comics.
    Okoye the same.
    Nebula as well (she is more of her hero than villain).
    Wasp looks just like the comics+ a helmet.

I count way more than just 2.

5. MasterCat

... he says while quoting 4 images of heroines who were completely changed by MCU directors.

Captain Marvel I'll grant. I didn't know if the images online of Larson in the blue and red were official or shopped.
    Yes, I've seen Wanda's Uncanny Avengers outfit:

[​IMG]

If they changed it to look like the non-scarlet Hot Topic outfit since Summer 2015, that doesn't count.

Right, that's three. Five counting Pepper and Captain Marvel.

Nebula:

[​IMG]

Hope Pym:

[​IMG]

Of course Hope is a special case because she was an obscuro "MC2" character. I'd have counted any of her mom's many costumes as "comics accurate".

6. Zarex

Zarex Well-Known Member

You should really read the Annihilation comic series. In it Nebula looks pretty damn close to her big screen counterpart.

[​IMG]

7. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

Also MCU Scarlet Witch's costumes is closer to her Uncanny Avengers one (although not exact).

8. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Custom User Title

Added two more characters, White Tiger and Thundra. See? It simply isn't true that Marvel doesn't have access to good superheroines. "But but but the X-Women!!!" is just an excuse.

Lol. I actually like some of these costumes, but it's so true.

9. MasterCat

Oh, huh. So she's been a cyborg since 2006? Fair enough.

10. Dasher10

Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

Let's look at what Marvel have to work with in terms of new female heroes.

Avengers: Tigra, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman, Echo, Silverclaw, White Tiger, Pod, Diamondback (Rachel), Arachne, Sersi, Kate Bishop, Cybermancer, Synapse, America Chavez, Finesse, Hazmat, Monica Chang, Veil (and bring Mockingbird, Jessica Jones, Hellcat, Squirrel Girl and Crystal into the films since they ARE Avengers and turn Pepper into Rescue and Cassie into Stature)
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Martyr, Moondragon, Nikki Gold
    Thunderbolts: Songbird, Moonstone, Joystick, Jolt, Amazon, Skein, Troll, Satana

And if the Fox deal clears
    Fantastic Four: Invisible Woman, Thundra
    X-Men: Storm, Rogue, Domino, Emma Frost, Jean Grey, Psylocke, Polaris, Shadowcat, Jubilee, Surge, Mercury, Magik, Pixie, Tempus, M, Wolfsbane, Marrow, Dust, Husk, Layla Miller, Gaia, Wind Dancer, Penance/Hollow, X-23, U-Go Girl, Wallflower, Loa, Rachel Summers, Cipher, Siryn, Mirage, Meltdown, Feral, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Mystique, Magma, Blindfold, Danger, Dead Girl, Stacy X, Trinary, Blink, Frenzy, Skids, Venus Dee Milo, Bling
    Alpha Flight: Aurora, Vindicator, Marina, Snowbird

That's a whole lot of characters we haven't seen yet.

11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

Don't forget Monica Rambeau.

12. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

X-Men: Sabra. Cecilia Reyes. Daytripper. Nocturne. Moira MacTaggert. Sage. Boom Boom. Danielle Moonstar. Stepford Cuckoos (The good ones). Meggan Braddock/Pucceanu

13. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Custom User Title

I didn't, she's there. Spectrum.

Eh... the only other Spider-lady that I want to see in the MCU besides Jessica Drew is Anya Corazon, and that's only if they let her keep her exoskeleton, because without it she's just another Rule 63ed Spider-Man.