The Dark Knight Fight! Fight! Fight! (The "Batman kicks some more ass" thread)

Ronny Shade said:
I want a scene where Batman stands in sillohuette and just scares the **** out of some thugs and they surrender.

see I'm more from this school of thought....

I rather keep the fighting short and sweet, hard to see, Brutal.

To quote Liam neeson's ducard "This is not a Dance"

When you pull the camera back, yeah, you get to appreciate the choreography more but this is batman! He's got a cape and like 50 pounds of armour on in the film LOL!

It might better serve the audience and the film to stick with the fighting they portrayed in begins just because it might look clunky if done matrix style.

afan said:
A great movie fight scene is very much akin to a dance in that every move is choreographed and timed; each movement flows to the next.

kick.jpg

"This is not a dance." :marv:

afan said:
For my money the fights in BB were a mess.
A great movie fight scene is very much akin to a dance in that every move is choreographed and timed; each movement flows to the next. The fights in BB were more akin to a car crash very confusing and chaotic. I can undersatand an attempt to translate to an audience what Batman's foes are experiencing, but you only need to do that in one fight scene. "I get it already, now show me a good fight."

And I certainly seem to be in the minority, but I really would like to see The Batman deliver an old school one punch knock-out uppercut or round-house right.

I feel the same. It wasn't too violent that they had to clip away from every punch or kick.

the Batman Begins fighting as a whole was a stylistical choice that represented the style of the criminals and protaganist at the time in the movie, confusion, distraction, and stealth are the main themes that the villans and even batman himself used when put in a fighting sort of venue so it fits that theme of the movie, and that was part of the story telling process Nolan used, those ninjas didn't have names or faces, they where drones, they didn't need to be shown, and as long as we know batman punched or kicked them, then the proper work was done

for a movie like TDK, where Batman is more polished superhero, and you have a more flamboyent villan in the joker, i would expect a different style

Boom said:
Either in this film or the next, I want The Joker to push Batman so far that Batman beats the living **** out of him. So bad, in fact, that Gordon has to intervene.
Yeah Id love a scene like that. If youve seen Cape Fear at the end Nick Nolte is beating up DeNiro with a rock and DeNiro just laughs maniacally and makes jokes during it. Everytime I see that I think of Batman and The Joker

Like others i'd like the camera to be pulled back a little bit so I can see whats happening during the fighting.

Also I would like the fights to be more brutal, batman punching people in the face, kicks etc etc.

I dont mind the 'shakey camera' fights. The issue was the editing, b/c they would pull away right away from the action, and they're too many cuts. I mean, I got used to it, and luckily the fights in Begins were actually short.

The only fight that was chaotic was Batman's fight with Ra's in the train. I'm sorry to say, it was kinda messy.

Also, they need a master/wide shot showing the fight from the distance.

I don't mind them keeping the chaos when Batman is fighting ordinary thugs, and people that would actually fear him, and experience a fight with him as chaotic... but when Batman is fighting good fighters, people who aren't necessarily afraid, either because they know they're good fighters, or because they're insane (hint hint), I'd like a good clear view of what's going on.

Gammy79 said:
I checked the 5 pages and there were no threads talking about the action and the fights.

What do you all want to see?

- Now that we know how Batman fights and surprises people, I'd like the editing to be a little smoother so I can see Batman doing his work more clearly.

- Besides his badass 'Keysi' method, I'd like to see him take out some thugs with a very effortless, yet hard aikido-like throws like these.

- Since I'm assuming the suit will be lighter now, how about some little acrobatics (not flips or stuff like that, I'm not talking about turning him into Jackie Chan or Neo, just a little ground rolling) to show how aware he is of his enviroment and how he could use it to his advantage.

- I know the Joker's not a very skilled fighter, but hopefully he'll fight someone who'll give him SOME kind of a fight :O

Anyone else?

Thoughts about styles, choreography and/or editing are more than welcome :up:

Anyone else?

I love BB but I thought the exact same thing when I saw it. I want to see him beat up more goons in this one.

I would love for nolan to implement the keysi method but mix it with some more choreographed moves, because I think batman should look and feel brutal but at the same time he should look elegant and precised in his moves,so to make it look like each one of his moves is almost calculated(but not staged mind you) demonstrating the control he has in a fight scene and his level of expertise in hand to hand combat.

Casius--J said:
Like others i'd like the camera to be pulled back a little bit so I can see whats happening during the fighting.

Also I would like the fights to be more brutal, batman punching people in the face, kicks etc etc.

i know forsure if you kick some one in the head its an automatic R, i'm not quite sure what the punches to the face rule is, but i know kicks to the face are like ****s to the MPAA you maybe can get away with one before they put the R stamp on it

if the dock fight wasn't chopped up, Batman kicks a guy in the face and headbutts another. you can only make it out on the dvd. in the theater it was a complete blur. that's why I think they need to pull things back a little. the style and choreography are GREAT. we just need a better POV than the uber closeup.

L0ngsh0t said:
i know forsure if you kick some one in the head its an automatic R, i'm not quite sure what the punches to the face rule is, but i know kicks to the face are like ****s to the MPAA you maybe can get away with one before they put the R stamp on it

I don't think a kick in the face would guarantee an R rating. In begins he kicked people in the face more than once, in the dock fight alone he kicked two guys in the face, one of them had a bat the other i don't remember. If the camera was pulled back in TDK and batman kicks someone in the face/head it wouldn't get an R. The only thing that would get an R id if bats broke's someone's arm ala seagal or if he elbows someone in the face and blood comes out. But that's(blood) not needed here so i think its safe to say that nolan could puled the camera and cut the fights scenes much slower so we can finaly see the cool moves.

superkong 500 said:
I don't think a kick in the face would guarantee an R rating. In begins he kicked people in the face more than once, in the dock fight alone he kicked two guys in the face, one of them had a bat the other i don't remember. If the camera was pulled back in TDK and batman kicks someone in the face/head it wouldn't get an R. The only thing that would get an R id if bats broke's someone's arm ala seagal or if he elbows someone in the face and blood comes out. But that's(blood) not needed here so i think its safe to say that nolan could puled the camera and cut the fights scenes much slower so we can finaly see the cool moves.

no its a clear kick to the head and that can be a justified R, i'll watch BB but i would be surprised if there are crystal clear kicks straight to the face, if he kicks people in the face it is probobly attributed to nifty camera work and editing so its not like a forsure kick or it is so well implied you think that it is actually happening

if there are gonna be more fights... have it towards the beginning of the movie so we can see BM's progress from BB.... not so much as the movie progresses... I want Joker and Batman at the same time as much as possible.

And yeah.. I wasn't a fan of the fight close ups....

L0ngsh0t said:
no its a clear kick to the head and that can be a justified R, i'll watch BB but i would be surprised if there are crystal clear kicks straight to the face, if he kicks people in the face it is probobly attributed to nifty camera work and editing so its not like a forsure kick or it is so well implied you think that it is actually happening

There's a lot of action/action adventure movies which have fights in which the hero kicks someone in the face with a roundhousekick or a high sidekick and it has recieved a pg-13 without a problem. Heck even batman 89 has that scene with batman kicking the sword wielding guy in the face.
Mission impossible 2 has some kicks in the face by cruise, there's no worry that something like that would make an R cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"