The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Batman Vs. Bane Spoilers

After watching the movie, I can gladly say that Batman can never defeat Bane in combat without exposing his mask. Even with the gear broken, he was fighting back like a rabid animal. Bane is way much more dangerous combatant than Batman. As Alfred himself stated, he is lethal.

That "Batman was 8 years retired thats why he got defeated" is a very weak excuse. He was clearly not expecting such enemy at first, but then he just went in without fear, found an opening and defeated him.

...Except, Bruce's only strategy revolved around damaging Bane's mask. That was his only hope into stealing victory from the jaws of defeat. Bruce still had to come to realization that his plan harbored no guarantees. If he didn't succeed in damaging Bane's mask, then he was likely to fall victim to Bane again. I'm positive Bane and Batman both knew of the obvious weakness and downfall, yet Batman was unsuccessful in their first meeting. So coming into City Hall, Batman acknowledged the real possibility of dying.

It's unknown if Batman truly meant to use his gauntlets (in his newly devised efforts) as weapon in the rematch, or if he swiped Bane's mask unintentionally, but I never felt that Batman (during his brawl) was in control at any point until he found a way in.

It was quite clear that he was in control when Bane grabs his fist like in their first scrap, but Bruce's newfound strength makes it impossible for Bane to use that fist grab move to gain any sort of upper hand.

It was quite clear that he was in control when Bane grabs his fist like in their first scrap, but Bruce's newfound strength makes it impossible for Bane to use that fist grab move to gain any sort of upper hand.

Bane underestimated Batman's strength upon returning, but he clearly adjusted afterwards. Bane outlanded Bats in their exchanges.

I don't know about Bane being THAT much more powerful than Batman. Seemed to me like they were pretty even fighters, with the difference being Bane COULDNT EVEN FEEL Batmans blows. Then when his mask is disabled, Batman mops the floor with him pretty fast. I know the pain is very great and intolerable, but he was still fighting and Batman was able to defeat him rather easily when his blows actually had an effect.

...Except, Bruce's only strategy revolved around damaging Bane's mask. That was his only hope into stealing victory from the jaws of defeat. Bruce still had to come to realization that his plan harbored no guarantees. If he didn't succeed in damaging Bane's mask, then he was likely to fall victim to Bane again. I'm positive Bane and Batman both knew of the obvious weakness and downfall, yet Batman was unsuccessful in their first meeting. So coming into City Hall, Batman acknowledged the real possibility of dying.

It's unknown if Batman truly meant to use his gauntlets (in his newly devised efforts) as weapon in the rematch, or if he swiped Bane's mask unintentionally, but I never felt that Batman (during his brawl) was in control at any point until he found a way in.

Just because Bruce only has one plan with no back-ups, doesn't mean that he isn't out-thinking Bane and ultimately in control. I admit the fight doesn't have any of the Hollywood-style hints that Bruce is in control before damaging the mask, but my experience as a boxing fan is that, with rope-a-dope strategies, you don't realize that is what is going on until the fight turns. Most commentators thought Foreman had Ali beat until the 7th or 8th round.

To me, the quickness and devastating power (granted not Bane-like power) with which Bruce finishes Bane indicates to me that he was holding back. It is such a dramatic turn. It's like a switch flips inside Bruce as soon as the mask is damaged. I guess it's something open to interpretation.

Just because Bruce only has one plan with no back-ups, doesn't mean that he isn't out-thinking Bane and ultimately in control. I admit the fight doesn't have any of the Hollywood-style hints that Bruce is in control before damaging the mask, but my experience as a boxing fan is that, with rope-a-dope strategies, you don't realize that is what is going on until the fight turns. Most commentators thought Foreman had Ali beat until the 7th or 8th round.

To me, the quickness and devastating power (granted not Bane-like power) with which Bruce finishes Bane indicates to me that he was holding back. It is such a dramatic turn. It's like a switch flips inside Bruce as soon as the mask is damaged. I guess it's something open to interpretation.

I agree.

Once he had Bane's mask damaged, right after Bane smashed the pillar, Batman was landing flush shots while dodging everything Bane was throwing his way. That was his opportunity and once he had the opening he had Bane at his mercy pretty quickly.

I don't know why people think it's sort of cheating that Batman damaged Bane's mask, if he has such an advantage with it so it should be an equal disadvantage when it isn't working, if he was so skilled as people keep arguing he would of kept his mask protected at all times, like how boxers have to keep there head protected so as not to get knocked out, Bane can be knocked out/defeated by damaging his mask, which requires as much skill, if not more than simply knocking out a normal opponent with head blows. So really Batman out skilled Bane to simply get that shot on his mask.

I don't know why people think it's sort of cheating that Batman damaged Bane's mask, if he has such an advantage with it so it should be an equal disadvantage when it isn't working, if he was so skilled as people keep arguing he would of kept his mask protected at all times, like how boxers have to keep there head protected so as not to get knocked out, Bane can be knocked out/defeated by damaging his mask, which requires as much skill, if not more than simply knocking out a normal opponent with head blows. So really Batman out skilled Bane to simply get that shot on his mask.

Still this doesnt change anything at all. If Bane wasnt already injured, he wouldnt need his mask and Bane would destroy Batman in last scene once again.

There is no official proof that the gas flowing was increasing Bane's stamina and pain threshold but fan theories. So that would never count as a "cheat". That was there only to prevent him from suffering and Batman clearly abused it. If Bane didnt have those injuries at all, Batman would have the hardest times of his life in final fight scene without a miracle happening.

Still this doesnt change anything at all. If Bane wasnt already injured, he wouldnt need his mask and Bane would destroy Batman in last scene once again.

There is no official proof that the gas flowing was increasing Bane's stamina and pain threshold but fan theories. So that would never count as a "cheat". That was there only to prevent him from suffering and Batman clearly abused it. If Bane didnt have those injuries at all, Batman would have the hardest times of his life in final fight scene without a miracle happening.

We know that is a pain supressant, so we know he feels little to nothing of Batmans blows. Like I said Batman damaged Banes mask the same way as any normal opponent you would hit them with a headshot and cause damage, Bane like any other fighter should of protected his head if he was so skilled and Batman would not of damaged his mask, it's simple.

Just watched the film a second time and maybe it happens too fast but what I saw was batman elbowing bane in the face and one of his tubes disconects it wasn't using his gauntlet hooks. It was two shots, first bats from the front moves forward with his elbow then it cuts two a quick second shot from a different angle with batman connecting an elbow hit to bane's face. It was one of the elbow hits captured by papz during production in Pittsburgh.

I was just thinking a minute ago, Bane well and truly replaces the African Joker thug from B89 as Batman's toughest on screen opponent. :oldrazz:

Batman in The Dark Knight was just as overconfident as Batman in The Dark Knight Rises.

Bane would win.

Really?
Superhero fight compared to boxing? Please.
Bruce was losing the fight, he was on the defense the whole fight until he broke Bane's mask. He only got the advantage, when Bane started using his left hand to fix the tube on his mask. If Bane hits Bruce with any of those punches that hit and break the piller, fight is over. And we get a back breaking finale :D

Really?
Bruce was losing the fight, he was on the defense the whole fight until he broke Bane's mask. He only got the advantage, when Bane started using his left hand to fix the tube on his mask. If Bane hits Bruce with any of those punches that hit and break the piller, fight is over. And we get a back breaking finale :D

Hahaha, exactly what I saw. The beginning of the fight was almost a repeat of their first counter, with Bane giving it to him with those punches. But Bruce was more determined and hung in there even more than he did the first time until he got his opening to attack the mask.

I loved both fights. There's a moment in the 2nd fight when Bane was attacking him, and he kicked Bruce into the steps. Bruce gets up, climbs up the steps and turns around, cape flapping in the wind, and he had a look of determination, and got right back into the fight. Small moment, but it siced the fight for me even more.

There's a moment in the 2nd fight when Bane was attacking him, and he kicked Bruce into the steps. Bruce gets up, climbs up the steps and turns around, cape flapping in the wind, and he had a look of determination, and got right back into the fight. Small moment, but it siced the fight for me even more.

That was one of my favorite moments too. :up:

Batman seemed so desperate in his mannerisms in the first fight, yelling a lot with his punches (as if that would scare Bane) and pulling out every trick he had (flashbangs, etc.) to no avail. The second time around, in the moment you noted and in moments after, he wasn't yelling or desperate. He turned around on those steps and had a look that said "bring it."

Really?

Yeah, I am comparing it because Buster Reeves, the fight coordinator, has stated that Ali and his fight with Foreman was an inspiration for how Bruce fights Bane after escaping the prison, knowing that he couldn't stand toe to toe with him. Of course, he looks like he is losing because that is the plan, make Bane think he is no threat, let him become overconfident and make a mistake. Because honestly, if Bruce was giving it his all and losing, I really doubt he would be able to finish the fight so decisively. They would have choreographed that part differently.

Yeah, I am comparing it because Buster Reeves, the fight coordinator, has stated that Ali and his fight with Foreman was an inspiration for how Bruce fights Bane after escaping the prison, knowing that he couldn't stand toe to toe with him. Of course, he looks like he is losing because that is the plan, make Bane think he is no threat, let him become overconfident and make a mistake. Because honestly, if Bruce was giving it his all and losing, I really doubt he would be able to finish the fight so decisively. They would have choreographed that part differently.
He finished the fight decisively because Bane was worried about the mask. It wasn't because all the sudden Batman started punching harder or gave more effort. If anything that fight showed that everyone has a weakness. If the cherographer is comparing the fight to Ali/Foreman, I'll buy that comparison Foreman/Bane is bigger, stronger then Ali/Batman. All I know is if the Rope-a-dope/the mask getting damaged, wouldn't have worked or happened history tells a different story. There's a reason why Ali never gave Foreman a rematch...

Seeing Bruce get a severe asswhipping in the first fight with Bane breaking his back was a little sad to watch. What was Bats thinking going into a straight up slugfest with Bane? Where was the prep time that he is known for?

Too bad for all you Bane fans this isn't a Bane film... The Dark Knight Batman was just as over confident!? Since Bane wouldn't last thirty seconds against him without his artificial advantage the ONLY question is would Bruce get to the mask. He would, game over, deal with it.

Too bad for all you Bane fans this isn't a Bane film... The Dark Knight Batman was just as over confident!? Since Bane wouldn't last thirty seconds against him without his artificial advantage the ONLY question is would Bruce get to the mask. He would, game over, deal with it.
That's a good argument, you must be a lawyer or something.

If they are both league of shadows trained they share the same skill set. It was a situation where Batman found an opening an took it. No one is argueing the Batman won the fight. Yes you are 100% correct it's a Batman film not a Bane film. I think people are just arguing the fact that if there weren't extenuating circumstances, Bane wins the fight. Of course the bad guys not gonna win. If Selina Kyle doesn't come back Bane blows Bruce's brains out. Just saying...

Perhaps. I just never got the feeling he was *that* strong, although him lifting Ra's with one arm in BB was quite impressive.

Something that is totally impossible.

I think Batman would have defeated Bane in his TDK prime. Why? Because Bane has only ever been able to beat Batman by wearing him down first and stacking the odds against him. TDK Batman would have realized just looking at Bane that his mask was his weakness.
One thing I didnt like about the first fight was that Batman never tried to use the environment against Bane. Sure he tried those little white things you throw at the ground and they make a small popping sound. And he tried the darkness trick. But what about tossing one of those count to 5 then throw grenades he gave to Blake at the end of the movie?
Another thing that got me, how did Bane turn all the lights back on in the first fight after Batman used the EMP thing to knock them all out. Magic?

If they are both league of shadows trained they share the same skill set. It was a situation where Batman found an opening an took it. No one is argueing the Batman won the fight. Yes you are 100% correct it's a Batman film not a Bane film. I think people are just arguing the fact that if there weren't extenuating circumstances, Bane wins the fight. Of course the bad guys not gonna win. If Selina Kyle doesn't come back Bane blows Bruce's brains out. Just saying...

Oh for sure, but Bane had lost. The mask IS an extenuating circumstance. Just curious how Bane would do without his mask against a prime conditioned Bats using anesthetics. Let's put him.on the couch for years before hand too. How long would that one go? 10 seconds?

Something that is totally impossible.

Why? An adrenaline rush can do incredible things. It isn't impossible for some of the strongest human beings to lift 250 pounds with one hand. Ra's is probably 180ish, well below that. I don't see why it would be impossible... just very difficult.

Why? An adrenaline rush can do incredible things. It isn't impossible for some of the strongest human beings to lift 250 pounds with one hand. Ra's is probably 180ish, well below that. I don't see why it would be impossible... just very difficult.

No,
Adrenaline, Steroids... it doesnt matter. Its impossible. And Liam Neeson is over 6 feet. So I'd say he is at least 200 if not a bit more. Plus whatever the armor stuff he had on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"