Filling in the Plot Holes

Discussion in 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' started by Hound89, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Marvin Registered

Guard

you single handedly put the kaabosh on the nit picking

2. Kane52630 TURBO KILLER USER

he just dont to want to face the fact that its a movie based off of a toyline

3. sto_vo_kor_2000 Registered

Its nothing new.

Ever hear of the G1 Pretenders???

Who said Bumblebee knew there was anything wrong with her???

Again nothing new????

And there's no reason to assume the family structur of a TF is the same as ours.

Little imagination, many soldiers have kids after their deaths.

Maybe they couldnt break it.......did you think of that??

4. Mr. Earle Registered

Well that monument in Jordan that the matrix was entombed? Yeah... that's Petra.

5. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Both of you hit the nail on the head exactly with these posts, I love those other movies you mention, but they have tons of flaws as well and people seem to have a harder time pointing them out than they do in a Michael Bay movie.

Some of the criticisms I hear mentioned are laughable, like "why/ how did Sam's parents end up in Egypt?" "There is no such thing as the weapon they had on the airline carrier" I mean, are these people serious? As I and Lightning have pointed out, there IS such a thing as a rail gun.

Yes, of course, because they didnt have to load supplies, weapons, etcs onto the planes, or fuel them, or alert all the people who were travelling on the planes and check that they were present. They obviously didnt leave straight away, so it took more than 6 hours, there was even a night time scene between the phone call and that '6 hours away scene' which was in the day, it obviously took NEST a while to get there.

#30 AVEITWITHJAMON, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  6. Mr. Earle Registered

No, we nitpicked Nolan's films too! But Nolan had produced a much better script than Bay's and it didnt leave many things to complain about. You think people didnt complain about Batman pushing TwoFace to his death? Or how stupid it looked when Batman and Rachel survived that fall when it was obvious that they were falling too fast? We were nerdraging over these things for months!

But at least Nolan only did a few mistakes. Orci and Kurtzman probably wrote this script on a piece of toilet paper while they were taking a crap.

Yes, it might be cool to bash Michael Bay about his explosions fetish, but when people are attacking the flaws of the movie, those gigantic plot holes for instance, those unfinished subplots that carried no meaning or gravity, then its not because its cool.

You liked the movie 100%? Good for you. But others have the right to dislike it and you cant dismiss their opinions just like that.

7. protocida Registered

Let's see...
    Yes. Remember Sam's dad. He said Judy not to tell anything so the government would give rebuild their house.

That wasn't in the movie.

I believe so, yes.

Those are doctor googles.

Alice scanned an "Alice in Wonderland" animatronic doll. And she's not that heavy (I'd say she's a little chubbier than Ravage's drone). Bumblebee doesn't know something's wrong with her. He just doesn't want Sam to cheat on Mikaela. And he's not completelly fixed. "He's still having voice problems".

Jetfire's comments about his family? Hatchlings on Mars?

The Fallen was at full power and had the Seekers by his side. Prime is a Prime :-)hehe:), but he's not invencible. He can be beaten. And he had new weapons and a Seeker's spark united to his damaged one. He got powered up.

The SmithSonian Museum had an airplane graveyard. It's a movie.

It's a movie!

The habillities of the Rail Gun weren't explicited. Besides, Simmons knew it existed and the government knew about Sector Seven. And the walkie-talkie was outside Starscream's EMP hit area, I believe.

We see the Dust get in contact with him. That's why.

A napkin? A shock? A piece of clothing?

How can we know it wasn't one of his socks?

He led them to Simmons.

Waited?

Because he's badass. :woot:

Because she's hot.

Those were the Protoforms who landed on Egypt. Either they scanned the Construction's alt-modes or Soundwave provided them those.

What about the SABOTs? They worked.

It's Cybertronian technology. Maybe they couldn't.

Was it? :huh:

They get dirty.

8. Superfreak Gramaton Cleric

that's what I mean. Basically, it screams of apathy. Someone in the production, in the writing phase, could have take 1/2 an hour, to look up the region they were writing about on google, or in an encyclopedia. It would have taken no longer than that, to look up the facts... yet no one did this it seems. Most people when they get paid for doing something, try to ensure a level of quality control.

#33 Superfreak, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  9. Marvin Registered

people can hate it(not like it) all they want, it's when they stop saying I don't like it and start saying that it's bad

when it affects others

this plot hole thread

some say all these things are plot holes and guard pretty much explained why they're not

you can still hate the movie but well...you know

any ways if your looking for plot holes and contrivicies look no further then the best rated live action adventure film of the summer

Star Trek

10. Mr. Earle Registered

Well the total disrespect for geography didnt bother me as much as i thought it would.
    But it is kind or stupid that the Pyramids are right on the one side of the border and the Petra monument on the other.

Do you guys know where Giza is? Somewhere in the middle of Egypt next to the Nile. Nowhere near the border. And Petra is somewhere in the jordanian desert. But even if you didnt know this, it would be stupid to buy that the two monuments are a couple of miles afar with the border in the middle.

But i suppose that by placing them near each other allowed the plot to work while using those two beautiful sites. So i suppose i can let it pass.

11. Superfreak Gramaton Cleric

you'd just think whoever wrote the script should have had a thought like this:
    -I wanna set the finale of transformers 2 in the middle east
    -I know nothing about the middle east except for country names
    -maybe I should just look the stuff up, and familiarize myself with the setting

and seeing that the film crew actuaally had to travel between the two spots, they know what's up too.

that being said, Sam and crew cross the border from Egypt into Jordan, BEFORE they get to the pyramids, which is really confusing. So if we just assume that these are fictional pyramids in Jordan, that would explain why Jordanian helos come to the 'rescue' to deliver simmons an operation walky.

doesn't explain why simmons sends the soldiers to egypt. The movie is just inconsistent all the way through, that's the problem

12. Hotwire Dealin' W/ Demons

Found this on IMDB.

13. Mr. Earle Registered

So the bots that form devastator cant turn into robots? The toys i mean...

14. The Guard Registered

There's your answer, Fishbulb.

15. chaseter Esteemed Member

That is just sad and pathetic.

16. craigdbfan Registered

17. sandmjuggalos SAM R I

If you're playing with them...BOO!

If you're just shelving them...OK, it makes sense.

18. macdawson Registered

One thing that bugs me is the Wheelie box. Mikaela takes it with her to Sam's college, throws it at Alice... they pick it up and throw it to the back seat of the car Mikaela hotwires. But after that car is cut in half we don't see the box again until Mikaela gets it out of Bee's trunk. When did the box get there? We see Mikaela and Leo run out of the factory and get inside BB while Sam runs with Optimus, but they're not carrying any box with them.

19. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

I just assumed Bumblebee got it before he left the factory.

20. protocida Registered

Mikaela could've also have asked Bumblebee to come back and get the box.

21. Mr. Earle Registered

Maybe it doesnt work in the toys, and you need to get them separately, but it could work in the movie. They didnt need to make two sets of constructicons to do that. And in any case, it seemed like Devastator wasnt formed by robots, but by vehicles. Like the vehicles werent constructicons but they only formed Dev (like they said the bikes would do for Arcee).
    In any case, Bay could have used Barricade or other robots if the constructicons were busy forming Dev.

Finally, i find it stupid that Demolishor and that constucticon are 99% identical. It seems to me that Bay looked at him and went
    "gee, i could use this guy to tear up Shanghai and make a great opening scene".
    "But michael, what about Devastator?"
    "Just make up another identical robot!"

22. macdawson Registered

Thats one of the things i keep telling myself but what happens too often in the movie is that you have to make way too many assumptions. Don't get me wrong, i loved the movie.

An idea:
    Lets grab the two movies and make a TV series out of them, adding new fotage to fill the holes and give more screen time to the robots. That whould be great. And have Michael Bay direct it, too. (Now i've gone too far).

#48 macdawson, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  23. Seth71 Registered

24. Zanman1 Registered

Have you ever seen where sequels go back and explain things that occurred in previous films? Perhaps, that's what Bay and his crew are doing to tie the three movies together? I admit, I missed Barricade, he just disappeared. As far as the shard bringing back Prime. We have to realize that we know things the main characters do not. Megatron needed "parts" and the shard. Where do they get parts for Prime? Jetfire who sacrificed himself at the end. Prime was alive but weak and needed parts just like Megatron. Autobots sacrifice, Decepticons murder! Besides, I don't even think Prime realizes how significant a Transformer he is. He is OPTIMUS PRIME but if you remember in the beginning of the first film he mentions the cube but "we know not where it comes from". He also does not know of the Fallen as he explains in the briefing "origin unknown". Perhaps, the third film will bring to light the origin of the Transformers? It is possible, The Fallen did not tell Megatron he was already a Prime so he would not try to overthrow him. Megatron is so blinded by his pride and rage, he does not realize this. Yes, he should have thought something when he could kill Optimus but didn't because he was blinded by his own rage and the mission TO GET SAM. Plus, let's read the script carefully. Take it for what is, don't reword it. The Fallen said only a Prime can defeat him. Yes, that COULD mean only a Prime can kill a Prime but keep in mind you don't have to kill to defeat. Bumblebee defeated Barricade without killing him. Maybe he meant in a one on one fight only a Prime can defeat a Prime? Instead of mocking Megatron killing Prime and calling it stupid think if there is something emerging about Megatron. All I am saying is that we have to suspend our beliefs a little and not be so picky. It was an awesome movie and whether it was plot holes or editing errors, let your imagination fill them in, it makes it even more fun. Instead of letting our imaginations go we would rather beat up the director. Bay seems like a prankster so maybe he made a more intelligent film than we are giving credit for? Keep in mind, he answers to people too. The studio wanted it by a certain date so blame them. Apparently, they don't care if you enjoy the movie or not they just need your butt in the seat. Michael Bay from what i heard tried to get it pushed back and they refused. So he did the best he could. I loved the movie and the fact that Michael Bay did so well under such pressure makes we wonder how much better the movie could have been if the studio execs left him alone. I blame them! As far as the constructicons go I wish we could have seen individual robot forms before merging, I like the explanation about why the multiple constructicons, it makes sense. They have nothing else to imitate but the ones who already arrived. I like the Doctor alot and his accent does not bother me. Remember they want to blend in so they pick up EVERYTHING! "We learned earth's languages from the world wide web" seemed to explain Jazz so why are we bashing the Doctor? Sam didn't necessarily die and go to Robot heaven. Remember all the cubes energy was now in Sam. He was able to access the history and connect with those in the past Just like the animated Prime did in the "Return of Optimus Prime" cartoon. I also think the critics wanted to beat up Michael Bay. From what i read he insulted the Hollywood elite by saying screw the critics. I guess they were gonna show him! So who knows. In conclusion because I could go on all day. I think ROTF was more for Trans geeks but for some reason we all want to stay in 1984. As long as the film pays homeage to one of the greatest toy ideas and cartoons in history I am fine with it. Since it is a trilogy I am going to give Bay the benefit of the doubt that many what think are plot holes are questions to be answered later and meant to keep us coming back for more. Like I said before, the critics beat him up ALOT. I remember before even seeing the movie I thought it was bit much. I mean they railed him. If it was THAT bad the first few viewers would have spread the word or people would have listened to the critics and it NEVER would have reached over $400 MILLION! I can't wait for TF3 and look forward to the end of what is ending up being one of the best trilogy's of all time and not just because i am a TF geek.