• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Films that deserve sequels

Flash525

The Scarlet Messenger
Reaction score
I'm not talking about reboots, spin-offs or timeline shenanigans here.

I'm very specifically interested in knowing what films, whether they be singular releases or films that already have two or three (or a few more) to their name but could do with another...

For me?
  • Rush Hour
  • John Carter
  • Battleship
  • Independence Day
  • Ace Ventura
  • Dredd
  • Hancock
  • Enders Game

Yeah. I thought it was fine. I was surprised by how poorly it did at the BO.

Joker deserves a sequel - why? We need to see this version against Batman.

I don't care if it was meant as a one off.... if it was meant as a one off, it shouldn't have been set in batman's world... you could have changed the names of his mum's boss and it would have been the same... the reason it got a billion or helped it to that, being linked to batman...

So I say a legit sequel is what is needed.. either show us he rots in a jail/ward and another criminal takes the mantle... or we see him against batman, but this sequel has crazy license to handle batman in anyway it likes... heck have bruce in the ward next to him living a delusional life in his head that he is batman....

Gonna go with an easy one here, and say Del Toro’s Hellboy.

Last edited:
0dd96ec7f6f919dcd97ff16ed2d1ab0f80ef0806.gifv

The Thing 1982
The Usual Suspects

Apart from what a few others have said in this thread like Dredd and Del Toro's Hellboy, I'll chime in with:

District 9
Maybe it does work better as a one-off with an open ending but I'd still love to go back to that universe. It's just a shame Neill Blomkamp hasn't done anything remotely as good since then.

Kick-Ass 3
I'm definitely in the minority on this one but even though Kick-Ass 2 was a significant drop in quality from the first movie, I'd still have liked to see Kick-Ass and Hit Girl one more time. It's way too late now though.

Saturday Night Fever/Staying Alive-I want to know where Tony Manero's life and career ended up, what became of his relationship with Stephanie, since she didn't show up in Staying Alive, and what happened to Annette.

Maybe it could even be a "Creed" style plot, where Tony ends up mentoring someone who has the potential to be a great dancer.

Django Unchained- Django kinda got overshadowed in DU, so I'd like to see a sequel where he gets to shine on his own.

Definitely Hanc
I'm not talking about reboots, spin-offs or timeline shenanigans here.

I'm very specifically interested in knowing what films, whether they be singular releases or films that already have two or three (or a few more) to their name but could do with another...

For me?
  • Rush Hour
  • John Carter
  • Battleship
  • Independence Day
  • Ace Ventura
  • Dredd
  • Hancock
  • Enders Game
  • Chronicle

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online