Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children arrives FINALLY on April 25th

Tsunulia said:
I had absolutely no problem getting it. (of course I got there about an hour after the store opened)

Well that explains it. I went in the later hours of the afternoon, and the answer was the same at both Best Buy and Target: "Sorry, but someone bought our last copy just 10 minutes ago!" :p

Wow, lots of people complaining about the dub... Maybe my expectations/standards are lower since I've heard many dub-tracks that were far worse. :D

people complaining about the dub are people who don't like dubs in general

I like dubs, as long as they're of decent quality. Although for some people, no quality is good enough. I like a good dub though because it doesn't distract you from the on-screen images the way reading subtitles does.

The dubbing seemed fine for the most part to me.

Some of the lip syncing was not absolutely perfect, more due to the fact that they probably used motion capture on a lot of the faces of the VA's for the dialogue.

Newbern's Sephiroth I think sounded awesome. As did Steven Jay Blum's Vincent.

As for the action scenes Jamon, they did extend them a lot. This whole thing started out as just a short, 20 minute series of vignettes that kept getting bigger and bigger, eventually turning into a feature length movie. So they extended a lot of things. Plus the third act is almost nothing but action.

The Sephiroth/Cloud fight went over like 6 minutes from start to finish.

TheVileOne said:
The dubbing seemed fine for the most part to me.

Some of the lip syncing was not absolutely perfect, more due to the fact that they probably used motion capture on a lot of the faces of the VA's for the dialogue.

Newbern's Sephiroth I think sounded awesome. As did Steven Jay Blum's Vincent.

As for the action scenes Jamon, they did extend them a lot. This whole thing started out as just a short, 20 minute series of vignettes that kept getting bigger and bigger, eventually turning into a feature length movie. So they extended a lot of things. Plus the third act is almost nothing but action.

The Sephiroth/Cloud fight went over like 6 minutes from start to finish.

I think the lipsync was very poor throughout, a lot of it was way out, which was distracting.

I wanted the Cloud/Sephiroth fight to last another few mins, but i gues they never had the budget. Still an enjoyable movie though.

what from the game would you guys have liked to see?

i definately wouldn't have minded the Omnislash to finish Sephiroth off at the end (although clouds new 'limit' was pretty forking sweet!)

oh, that, and the Ultima Sword.

Mr. Credible said:

Dang, that's a tough question! Final Fantasy VII is really Square's ultimate IP to re-visit, but I guess maybe FF8 would be the next obvious choice (however, it does not even compare to FF7 in terms of cult-status). Square does have other IPs that could potentially be cool to re-visit as movies, as well. If it weren't for the fact that they already made one with traditional animation, it would have been sweet if they did the Fullmetal Alchemist movie in CG ala Advent Children (my inner geek drools lakes at that idea). There's also Chrono Trigger, however I think that that may work better as a hand-animated movie, so I'm not sure.

And, there's also the obvious possibility that Square could make new IPs specifically for film, or purchase film rights for IPs from thrid parties. Now that they've got a sucsess under their belt, the possibilities are crazy. I think that Square is definately shows lots of potential to transform from a game publisher to a multi-media entertainment company, and FFVII:AC was a great start.

Elijya said:

I'm actually one of those people. But surprisingly I could live with the dub in AC. The only one I had a problem with was Sephiroth. He just doesn't sound right.

But I'll stick to the sub. I really missed Reno's Zutto! in the Movie.

Elijya said:

not true :( I would rather have the dubs. I luv em actually and I never heard one done this weakly. But if I had to rate it I would give it 5/10.

Mr. Credible said:

i definately wouldn't have minded the Omnislash to finish Sephiroth off at the end (although clouds new 'limit' was pretty forking sweet!)

oh, that, and the Ultima Sword.

WE NEEDED MORE SUMMONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would've loved to see an entire all-out summon battle. We needz more magic :D

Weren't they planning to give Vincent his own movie once upon a time?

It's called Dirge of Cerberus and is a 3rd person shooter.

ffvii-dirge-cerberus-6.jpg

Nathan said:
It's called Dirge of Cerberus and is a 3rd person shooter.

ffvii-dirge-cerberus-6.jpg

Oh ya......now I remember :D Do they have a release date set for it?

hmm, ya know, I can't believe this never occured to me before, but anyone else notice the similarity between Vincent and Raziel from Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver? Both have short tattered capes, clawed hands, and high collars that cover the bottom of their face. Raziel's a resurrected Vampire, and when you first find Vincent he's in a coffin

Tsunulia said:
Oh ya......now I remember :D Do they have a release date set for it?

3rd Quartal 2006. There isn't an exact date yet.

Elijya said:
hmm, ya know, I can't believe this never occured to me before, but anyone else notice the similarity between Vincent and Raziel from Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver? Both have short tattered capes, clawed hands, and high collars that cover the bottom of their face. Raziel's a resurrected Vampire, and when you first find Vincent he's in a coffin

mmmmmmm..................never thought about that before. But now that you mention it........ya I can see it too. I was laughin though when they were showing the first full body shots of Vincent in the movie. His boots make me laugh :D

from Outlaw Star? where do you get that impression from?

Elijya said:

Nope, not once. Raziel has 3 fingered claws, Vincent one Gauntlet. Raziel doesn't have a cape, those are his wings that have been ripped to shreds. So the only similarity are the collars, and even those are very different. Raziel's collar is his clan banner wrapped tightly around his face, while Vincent's collar is... well, you see the screenshot.

Nathan said:
Nope, not once. Raziel has 3 fingered claws, Vincent one Gauntlet. Raziel doesn't have a cape, those are his wings that have been ripped to shreds. So the only similarity are the collars, and even those are very different. Raziel's collar is his clan banner wrapped tightly around his face, while Vincent's collar is... well, you see the screenshot.
I'm aware of the specific dissimilarities, I'm not calling them clones, you may as well have pointed out that Vincent's cape is red and Raziel's is brown. Duh. But from a general viewpoint, the look and feel of their designs, they're similar

Yeah, they both emit a similar vibe.

Elijya said:
from Outlaw Star? where do you get that impression from?

hehehe I've coined that term 'Gene Starwind Effect' to refer to character designs that have gigantic broad shoulders and pencil like torsos :D hehehe Ya know, big at the top and then they get really skinny hehehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"