Final Version vs. Workprint - Official Discussion

danoyse

Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
Reaction score
Now that the film has been officially released, we will be allowing spoiler discussion comparing the workprint to the final version of the film.

Just a few rules:

-No posting/requesting screenshots or video clips from the bootleg.

-No posting/requesting links to the bootleg.

As this is still a pirated, illegal copy of the film, screencaps and links to the bootleg are strictly prohibited. Anyone requesting any of the above will be infracted and/or probated.

Again, don't be a pirate. Thanks for your cooperation.

Differences I noticed apart from the obvious was different editing of the opening credits sequence and (i think) there was (literally 2 seconds) more to the firing squad bit. Also this time the title flashed up on a black background rather than just a freeze frame.

In the team X-plane scene when Wade mentions his ex-girlfriends wedding they changed Victors line from "That's funny, Wade. I didn't think you liked girls." to "That's funny, Wade. What makes you think I give a ****?" It's really terrible the way they changed the line, it's offscreen and sounds like it came from a Liev Schrieber soundboard. I liked the original line better but I suppose they didn't want to make Victor seem homophobic. Who knows what Fox were thinking???

He he he

The movie actually got slightly worse in the final edit!

In the team X-plane scene when Wade mentions his ex-girlfriends wedding they changed Victors line from "That's funny, Wade. I didn't think you liked girls." to "That's funny, Wade. What makes you think I give a ****?" It's really terrible the way they changed the line, it's offscreen and sounds like it came from a Liev Schrieber soundboard. I liked the original line better but I suppose they didn't want to make Victor seem homophobic. Who knows what Fox were thinking???

Thats...wow.

I liked that line in the leak. :down

Someone said in the Taylor/Gambit thread, that he had re-dubbed some lines. I saw the movie a few hours ago, and it's true. When they're in the little airplane and when Gambit comes back to save Logan's butt; the difference is very clear specially when he says "I thought you might just been exagerating." Sounded completely different.
Ah! I also noticed the music is different, in the club scene, when Gambit and Logan are talking in the table; the new music sounds way kind of... darker.
But overall, of course I liked more the final version. Watching the workprint was as exciting as eating a stolen cookie, but seeing it in the theater was like eating the whole box of cookies, slowly and enjoying them.

yeah, but this movie aint exactly Oreos...

So, you are satiated by the fact that a character you love was reduced to a one note side-kick cameo whos only action scene was fighting a guy who said he was there to get revenge on both of their tormentors and in defense of one of the guys who did the evil deed???

So, you are satiated by the fact that a character you love was reduced to a one note side-kick cameo whos only action scene was fighting a guy who said he was there to get revenge on both of their tormentors and in defense of one of the guys who did the evil deed???
It was way more than a cameo (Xavier, that's a cameo; maybe even Emma Frost), and the character was well portrayed. That's what I had been waiting for for years: Fox/Marvel/whoever to bring Gambit to a movie, and to do it well. I haven't been waiting for years for a great Wolverine movie. They could have done some things better, sure, but as far as I concern, I'm happy with the results. And I'll be satiated when Gambit gets his own movie, if that ever happens.

I hope in Gambits own movie he fights for his beliefs, instead of fighting someone who agrees with him for no reason and then saving the life of someone who tried to kill him...only to then immediately try to help track the person down.

Just admit it...it looked like Gambit...and it was kind of cool at times...but this Gambit is an idiot.

I hope in Gambits own movie he fights for his beliefs, instead of fighting someone who agrees with him for no reason and then saving the life of someone who tried to kill him...only to then immediately try to help track the person down.

Just admit it...it looked like Gambit...and it was kind of cool at times...but this Gambit is an idiot.

Actually Gambit is the one who attacked Wolverine...so... Wolverine attacked him and befriended him...what's wrong with that? Gambit also gave him a nice ride in his airplane...and you're mad that he saves his life at the end?

Yes, Wolverine approached Gambit and said that he and gambit had a mutual enemy. Instead of listenng, Gambit attacked Wolverine...apparently protecting the people who had kidnapped him and theoretically experiemented on him...

Then when Sabretooth...the very man who kidnapped him...showed up and attacked Wolverine...any reasonably intelligent person would sde with this new stranger over the man who did so much harm to him...but that isnt the choice Gambit made. Gambit helped Sabretooth escape by knocking Wolverine away.

Then Gambit decided to help Wolverine.

Yes...Gambit is stupid in this movie.

Sabretooth was described as the henchman who went around doing the kidnapping...and Gambit was described as the only kidnapped person who escaped.

Yeah...but that doesn't mean Sabretooth was the one who took him...he just said the military did...if what you say is true...then that is pretty stupid.

It could also be that Gambit thought Logan was trying to set him up. The guy has the dog tags: that makes him an enemy; he says he's gonna kill Victor: he might be lieing, just to set him up. So he throws the cards. Once they're in the alley, Gambit fights the one that might be after him at that particular moment: Logan, no matter what Logan's issues are with Creed. Remember then he asks "you really gonna kill him?" I think it's 'cause at the beginning he thought they were allies, not enemies.
And...! Gambit is not an idiot :whatever:
What really bugged me was him being on the ground in the alley, punched by Logan, and then inmediatley running on the roofs and helicoptering himself with the staff. I thought they were gonna fix that, but ... they didn't. There's probably an explanation for it, but it's still weird.

gambit was attacking BOTH, even if wolverine told him he wanted to kill creed in the first scene, do you really think he'd buy the story of a man who comes to him with a not so friendly vibe telling him he has to go back to the island?, he was taken prisoner before, he has to be careful.

And looks like Sabretooth didn't kidnap Gambit, but it looked like he knew of him and his connection to stryker.

Sabretooth was described as the henchman who went around doing the kidnapping...and Gambit was described as the only kidnapped person who escaped.

No, It wasn't only Creed, even wraith said he did some of the kidnappings. I'm guessing it was Wraith the one who kidnapped him, given that he knew where to find him and he was the one who recognized him first.

One of them did. Could've been Sabes, could've been Wade...could've been Wraith...since he left before he met Remy....hell, it may have been ****ing Bolt or whatever.....

Yeah, if Creed would have attacked I'm sure Gambit would have acted differently...but he ran...so leaving only Logan...of course he will fight Wolverine.

Since I'm not watching the film I have a question regarding a particular flashback.

In X1 and X2 we saw significant, violent, and dark sequences with Logan coming out of the Weapon X experiment and slaughtering everyone in his path. Obviously in X2 we saw him come out of the event bloody, claws out, and screaming in horror after massacring everyone.

In THIS film I heard
that the Weapon X procedure sucks compared to what we know since it's much lighter, there's little to no blood in the sequence. Plus it doesn't hold the same dramatic weight that the X2 scenes had. I am going to assume that this is pretty much a fact as well?

Creed did not run!!!

Wolverine had Creed pinned against a wall, ready for the final killing blow...

Gambit then jumps down and blasts Wolverine away from Creed giving Creed the chance to escape.

It is STUPID to assume that Gambit was a kidnapped mutant who escaped and never crossed paths with the leader of the kidnappers.

Creed was trapped...Gambit interfered and freed Creed. That is the movie. I accept that. So should you.

...so you're pissed that Gambit attacked both of them?

Why would Creed just up and run away from a fight? He seemed scared of Gambit but of course the film never went into that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"