Final Version vs. Workprint - Official Discussion

I didn't like either. I'm confused about something though. If so many liked this film so much, then what was their problem with X-3? And people say that there were changes because the comics version is to big of a story to cover...yet there may be a sequel??? At this point i don't really care what FOX does since I expect the X-men film to get rebooted independently through Marvel Studios.

I personally don't have much of a problem with X-Men 3.

Sure, it doesn't have the same amount of depth as the first 2, but I think that the story it tells is a lot more powerful and epic, and dare I say, a lot more vintage X-Men. It -feels- more like an X-Men flick (other than Cyclops dying, Xavier dying, and Rogue getting cured, which are my biggest beefs with it).

Wolverine, to me, doesn't go against the story as drastically as X-Men 3 does, but there are some really bad elements of film making in it (adamantium bullets, method of Deadpool's mind control, Wolverine going from "James Howlett" to "Logan" with no explanation).

All in all, I like both movies. All in all, I love all 4 of the X-Men films. I wouldn't mind a couple more, I just hope they don't over do it (and I hope they don't make an actual post-X3 X-Men 4, as the story has been pretty much brickwalled and can't continue past that. Pre-X-Men prequels tho? Sure)

I'm in the mindset that Fox loses the rights to the X-Men and they can continue the X-Men storylines without interference.

Although I am hearing a lot of chatter that pertains to prequel X-Men films. I assume those prequels involve X-Men: First Class and the scene with Xavier in Origins opens the door for that. However, I am not sure a prequel X-Men film would work at this stage of the game.

So in my opinion either start over with a clean slate or do an X-Men 4 that brings back Cyclops, Rogue, Magneto, and introduces Mr. Sinister or Apocalypse.

The movie could of been better if they:
-For the team of mutants that Wolverine joins with,the members should of been:
1.Wolverine
2.Sabertooth
3.Gambit(he would of fit better there in the movie)
4.Blob(Make him fat for his entire screen time)
5.Deadpool(Would of had his costume except for the mask,show him also use guns and grenades)
6.Keep the teleporter cowboy

-At the end of the movie show how everytime you inject a power into a mutant that they become horribly disfigured.

-When Wolverine is standing in front of the doors and they open,show Deadpool now with his mask on.Show him with the powers to teleport using grenades,guns with adamantium bullets,and his swords with adamantium blades.(no optic blasts)

-Wolverine's girlfriend not a hired girlfriend.

-Needed to see Wolverine be more brutal like how he is in the Wolverine game.

-Would of made Wolverine and Sabertooth brothers who sees there parents killed by villagers cause their parents are trying to protect them from being killed by the angry villagers.

-Would of had some Sentinels who are hunting down mutants and putting them in the mutant prison.

Yea... Blob should have been The Blob for the whole movie... and not be such a restless person

I watched the movie w/ commentary and apparently for the bathroom scene the did use the practical claws, but than they painted over them with cgi to make them look "cooler". biggest. mistake. in the whole movie.

I watched the movie w/ commentary and apparently for the bathroom scene the did use the practical claws, but than they painted over them with cgi to make them look "cooler". biggest. mistake. in the whole movie.

Really?? Oy vey... :facepalm:

:doh:

i think in the leaked version they weren't CGI they were real and looked much better and when i saw it in theatre i was like WTF?!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"