Firefox 3, help set a record!!!

Darkfly

Superhero
Reaction score
dday_badge_fox.png

Mozilla is encouraging users to participate, too, by helping the Firefox team set the record for the most software downloaded in 24 hours. The total number of unique downloads that take place on release day will be submitted for potential inclusion in the Guinness World Records. Over a million users have already signed up to pledge their support.

Today, June 17 is the official date of the much-anticipated Firefox 3 release, developers and open source software enthusiasts are planning parties all over the world to celebrate the occasion. So help set a record by downloading it & tell everyone about it too.

It starts at 10:00 a.m. in Mountain View, 1:00 p.m. in Toronto, 2:00 p.m. in Rio de Janeiro, 6:00pm. in the UK, 7:00 p.m. in Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Rome and Warsaw, 9:00 p.m. in Moscow, and June 19, 2008 at 1:00 a.m. in Beijing and 2:00 a.m. in Tokyo.

So that means only 22 hours left to set the record, currently at 550,000 downloads in 1 hour 37min :)

Download Firefox 3 here:
http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/products/firefox/

Check up on the current amount of downloads here:
http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord

180x150_02.png

P.S. downloaded & its true Firefox 3 uses 3 times less memory than it used to meaning its the least strain on the memory out of all the internet browsers, very nice :D

Hmm, only in Europe? Or is there a U.S. version as well?

Wasn't this released in the states already? Cause then what the hell did I download like 3 weeks ago?

EDIT: Yup. This is just for international FireFox users. I mean US users who haven't done so can join in...but if ya already have 3.0, no point!

Wasn't this released in the states already? Cause then what the hell did I download like 3 weeks ago?

EDIT: Yup. This is just for international FireFox users. I mean US users who haven't done so can join in...but if ya already have 3.0, no point!

wrong & right, that would have been the Beta version which was available a few weeks ago worldwide not just US but today is release of the full & fixed version of Firefox 3 in every country including the US.

Not sure which version I have at home, but I'll get on this tonight after work. Firefox :heart:

maybe it wont crash every 10 minutes on a mac.

I've been using the FF3 betas, and now the final release, never had a problem with it on a Mac. :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"