The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

Firefox 4 just officially released. Supposedly faster, html5 support, etc. We'll see.

Ive just downloaded firefox for the first time what good add-ons do you guys use for it?

Ive just downloaded firefox for the first time what good add-ons do you guys use for it?

Ad-block Plus, ghostery, https-everywhere, fasterfox, forecast fox, session manager. If I was home, I could probably name a few others.

I think a couple of these still don't work with firefox 4, but I've still got them for the time they do.

thanks. its funny you put ad-block plus first cause every list ive seen on a site has that listed first and is pretty much the main reason i downloaded firefox in the first place haha

also nice avy

Capture fox, youtube downloader, download helper, glass, new glasser extension. All of these are for the previous version of firefox not 4, so I'm not sure if they will work.

thanks again. just curious does having all these add-ons make firefox run slower?

Yes, it can, but not that slow. Or I guess I should say if you have a faster processor and more Ram then you will be okay. I have a few addons and multiple other downloaded programs. So when I open firefox it takes anywhere from a coupe of seconds to 10 seconds at most to open up, but runs smoothly when open.

Yeh its been working pretty much the same for me now just kinda sucks cause a lot of the addons i want are made for 4.1 yet.

Also does anyone know a way to make the font look like IE? it hurts my eyes somewhat looking at it now

Not sure about that as I haven't compared the two. I will need to see the difference in font you are referring to. I haven't downloaded Fox 4 yet, as I don't know how it will act with my screen glass mods.

If you download Stlylish or a theme/font package that might help. If the fonts are too small you can always just increase your FF screen size in the 'tools' menu.

Ok i found a couple themes that would work but their not updated for fox 4 yet (shakes fist) ill just have to keep looking

Good lookin out. I may just wait on downloading Fox 4 then. I had a hard enough time finding glass mods and themes that worked with 3.6 at the same time.

Yeh from what i saw none of the glass stuff works with fire 4 so i would def hold off on upgrading. i hope this guys dont take to long upgrading so i can have them

Well apparently not all the Fox glass stuff works perfectly even for 3.6-7. I had to do some playing around with glass and stylish features to get it how I want it, but not everything is glass. Now Opera has some great glass features, better than Firefox. However, rarely use my Opera.

Well apparently not all the Fox glass stuff works perfectly even for 3.6-7. I had to do some playing around with glass and stylish features to get it how I want it, but not everything is glass. Now Opera has some great glass features, better than Firefox. However, rarely use my Opera.

i'm using my Opera right now. it's my favorite browser

I can't stand Opera.

I pretty much use Firefox and Chrome exclusively. Every once in a while I'll drop into Safari to test something or the other.

i'm using my Opera right now. it's my favorite browser

Yeah, The speed dial page when you first open the browser is nice and reminds me of my android phone. Plus all OS are going that way of having the small windows that can be opened up easily or swept to the side like android and i-phone.

I can't stand Opera.

I pretty much use Firefox and Chrome exclusively. Every once in a while I'll drop into Safari to test something or the other.

Why don't you like Opera? I haven't got into Chrome. Heard mixed things about it. Some people love it and others hate it.

i tried Chrome and didn't like it at all. i couldn't get into it

MMM i may have to check out Opera and Chrome cause right now im not really blown away by Firefox

For you downgraders out there, oldapps.com is a great place to downgrade your application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"