The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

This is for the United Kingdom only, it cheaks your IP so if you aren't from the UK, don't bother.
Steam tv through the internet (rather than use a TV-arial) works on pc, mac, phones, laptops e.t.c.... all freeview channels.

Tvcatchup (requires sign up)

http://www.tvcatchup.com/

Windows Media Centre Plugin (works great better than Skyplayer ever did)

http://plugins.tvcatchup.com/~mce/

Anyone got a good program to convert vob videos to avi. All the ones I've tried de-synchronize the audio from the video.

I'm not sure if it will work but look for the mkv2vob program and check the similar programs to see if they have another program (which is free) that can do vob to avi.

Fellow Hypsters....

Forgive me if this has been asked. Best free Windows program to convert m2ts files into a burnable dvd image?

I am looking for a DVD playing software, for a PC (refurbished IBM model with Windows XP operating system.) does anyone know of some that are 'freeware', work very well and without bugs?

Last edited:
I just found this, it's converts youtube videos to mp3. I wanted anries 6 commendments turned to mp3. Tried it out to see if it works, it does quite wonderfully it seems. Doesn't seem to be anything malicous just a few adds (which I didn't click).

In the 'free for me' but not truly free software category, you can buy Paintshop Pro X4 for free from Newegg.

Well, it's free after a $40 mail-in rebate and applying the promo code PSP315. And it's free shipping.

Which means all you pay is for any sales tax that gets applied.

can someone recommend a free software to get all the songs from my ipod back to my computer? somehow i deleted a file that had all my music in it, over 10 gigs :(

thanks i'll look into this. i don't mind renaming them as long as I can get them back

I think if you let iTunes handle the library, it'll do all the renaming for you because it's stored in the metadata.

Does anyone know of some free software to create GIF animations?

I have a question, this McAfee Virus Program is free but after you download it, it is impossible to remove it. In order to remove it you have to format your computers system. I know almost all the virus programs are the same but can anyone tell me if there is a way to remove the virus software from the computer. I dont want to have like 3 virus programs on my system. Cause it makes it super duper slow...

Last edited:
**** McAfee, Norton, and all those like it.

Just use Avast!. It's free and easy, small and unobtrusive. You just need to renew the key once a year, which means just confirming your email address is valid so they can send you a new key.

Last edited:
Looking for a good free song editing program. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"