Dark of the Moon Firepower of the human military

Saitou Hajime

Sidekick
Reaction score
Why do they continue to persist with weaksauce like bullets when they already have 40mm sabot rounds, which were already proven to be effective against Decepticon armor?

I really don't know much about guns but yes, I do remember in TF1 them mentioning what kind of ammo worked on Scorponok. But wasn't that ammo coming from an airplane? And could soldiers on the floor carry/use guns that take advantage of that type of ammo?

But they weren't completely "weaksauce". Even with their regular guns they showed briefly how they trained to take down the 'Cons. It was about efficiency. And it worked a little.

Still, they wouldn't have won a single battle without the Autobots, and really without Optimus.

I really don't know much about guns but yes, I do remember in TF1 them mentioning what kind of ammo worked on Scorponok. But wasn't that ammo coming from an airplane? And could soldiers on the floor carry/use guns that take advantage of that type of ammo?

The 40mm rounds were the bigger sabot rounds optimized for infantry use.

Thinking back to how much effin' firepower it took to get Scorponok to retreat, and then seeing Shockwave getting injured in the neck by a goddamn peashooter, it was just embarrassing.

Thinking back to how much effin' firepower it took to get Scorponok to retreat, and then seeing Shockwave getting injured in the neck by a goddamn peashooter, it was just embarrassing.

But again, it was about discovering weak-spots and taking advantage of them.

I did like how they had that quick scene with the Military training with BumbleBee on how to handle Decpeticons. They needed more team work and less humans do all the work and a Autobot comes in last min to finish the job or save the day.

I did like how they had that quick scene with the Military training with BumbleBee on how to handle Decpeticons. They needed more team work and less humans do all the work and a Autobot comes in last min to finish the job or save the day.

You doubt the prowess of the US Military? Psh! They can handle anything! :awesome:

Really there is no point to sending infantry to engage the Decepticons 99% of the time, or at least with anti-personnel weapons. Most of them are too large and armored for infantry equipment like assault rifles (designed to destroy humans) for the infantryman to do much damage. They really should have generally been using tanks and close air support (CAS) aircraft, and any infantry should have been using anti-materiel equipment like .50 cal machine guns and sniper rifles and antitank and antiaircraft missiles against the Decepticons. Then again, battles might be over in five minutes if that happened.

I liked how in the first two movies the US military beat the **** outta the decepticons. F22s in the first and a whole army in the second. They went from using everything in 1 and 2 to nothing in the third. I mean seriously the rail gun cant be used again? doesn't it have a range of here-to-the-moon or somethin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"