First film you saw in the theater

I can't believe some people actually remember this. I have no clue. :(

E.T. I was about 4. I remember that I was supposed to stay with my aunt that weekend, and I was so upset at the end of the movie, she had to bring me back home.

Pinocchio or Sleeping Beauty when I was 3 or 4. I can't remember which one my dad took me to first, they are both a very early memory.

Last edited:

Actually, I initially wasn't quite sure, either. At first, I thought it was the theatrical re-release of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. Then I thought it was Aladdin. Then I remembered that I saw Hook with my cousins when it was still in theaters, and I knew that came out earlier than either of those films.

How about just going through Wikipedia and checking out all of the movies that were released in your childhood? That's what helped me. I'm sure at least some memory of it will surface.

Bad boys! Huge fan of fresh prince and Martin back in the day!

scaled.php

The first movie I remember seeing in the theatre was Jurassic Park and it's been my favorite movie ever since.

The first movie I actually remember seeing in a theatre was the original Star Wars back in 1977. I was 3 years old at the time. While I do admit it is possible that I may have seen some animated Disney movies in the theatres before then, I have no conscious memory memory of them. I do, however, vividly remember the feeling of excitement, awe and wonder that Star Wars had instilled in me.

The first movie I actually remember seeing in a theatre was the original Star Wars back in 1977. I was 3 years old at the time. While I do admit it is possible that I may have seen some animated Disney movies in the theatres before then, I have no conscious memory memory of them. I do, however, vividly remember the feeling of excitement, awe and wonder that Star Wars had instilled in me.
Cool, we are in the same age group!

My first theater movie was Pete's Dragon (1977). The only thing I remember is when they were trying to capture the dragon with nets and ropes. I remember Superman the movie the very next year very well. The long line outside, and sitting on my sister's lap in the second row because it was so crowded.

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. I was 4. There were nightmares afterward (hello, giant bees).

For the next couple years, it was only animated movies in the theater for me, lol. My first live-action movies in the theater after that were 3 years later, with Batman Returns and Last of the Mohicans...weirdly, no nightmares from either, despite the latter being R-rated (my mom's never been good with the whole "ratings" thing, haha).

Last edited:
BELIEVE IT

I'm not sure if the first I remember really is the first I saw in theater

Huh, I remember not only my first theater movie, but I also remember Aliens being my first R-Rated movie I watched at the cinema, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) became not only the first movie I saw by myself, but also the first movie I would see multiple times, and that Viturostiy became the first R-Rated movie I saw without mom and dad buying my ticket.

Independence Day would be the first movie I drove to go see (just got my license)

Transformers became the first movie my mom got to use her senior citizen discount with.

I'm pathetic that I can remember all of this!:oldrazz:

Cool, we are in the same age group!

My first theater movie was Pete's Dragon (1977). The only thing I remember is when they were trying to capture the dragon with nets and ropes. I remember Superman the movie the very next year very well. The long line outside, and sitting on my sister's lap in the second row because it was so crowded.

I know I had seen a lot of the repeat showings of many of the Disney films in theatres. Snow White, Pete's Dragon, Sleeping Beauty, Pinoccio, The Rescuers, etc. I just don't really remember when I saw them first. Disney rereleases them in theatres every few years (or at least they used to, nowadays I think they just rerelease them on DVD/Blu-Ray). I even remember watching a few of those old Kurt Russel Disney films in theatres.

I remember seeing Superman The Movie in theatres, as well as the animated Lord Of The Rings. But I know those all came out after Star Wars. So Star Wars is still my official first movie theatre going experience.

One of the best memories I had as a child, seeing Batman 89 with my dad and my two sisters. He died in 1995 so I cherish every moment ( lol that I can remember with him)

I don't know, personally it did leave such a big impression. It's one of the most defined of my earlier memories and I still to this day the theater is one of the safest and happiest places on earth for me.

I swear it was Jurassic Park, but I could be wrong. the first movie I remembering seeing was certainly Jurassic Park.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"