Apocalypse Fixing the X-Men timeline... always.

more like neat references than anything of value for the narrative.

This describes the majority of the Fox X-verse if you ask me. :p

Honestly, I much prefer to see them as alternate realities "crossing streams"
Original timeline left unchanged (incorporates Wolverine trilogy)
Revised Original timeline (incorporates DOFP future with all the various shifts)
FC timeline (incorporates Deadpool)

Yeah. What I really want to see is a 5 minute intro-scene with Cable hopping around the timeline for one of the following reasons:
a) to gather a group of mutants and unite them against a common enemy
b) trying to find the right moment to beat back a greater evil before it gets out of hand

This would be a blast to see on screen and it would basically give Fox free-reign to muck up any future timeline continuity with almost no issues going forward.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah. What I really want to see is a 5 minute intro-scene with Cable hopping around the timeline for one of the following reasons:
b) trying to find the right moment to beat back a greater evil before it gets out of hand

This would be a blast to see on screen and it would basically give Fox free-reign to muck up any future timeline continuity with almost no issues going forward.
I surely hope it's more interesting than that. People go on about how John Wick's world building is understated and that's something Tim Miller wanted to do. Although, that might be more Stahelski's specialty.

More interesting perspectives.

Colossus's mutation changes in the new timeline, which includes growing in size on top of his normal ability.

:o just 2 differents directors who designed their own Colossus

However we know:
Voctor from XO is Sabretooth X1
Toad DOFP is Toad X1
Moira FC/APO is Moira X3
Angel from APO is Angel X3
Caliban APO is Caliban from Logan

We know they are different characters:
Trask X3 ≠ Trask Bolivar DOFP
Psyslocke X3 ≠ Psylocke Betsy Braddock APO

We have 2 versions of:
-Deadpool: Wade Wilson 2016 (human mutate) cant be Wade Wilson XO (mutant)
-Jubilee: shes teenager in APO, cant be Jubillee in original trilogy shes also teenager
-Emma Frost: Adult in FC, she cant be the teenager we saw in XO

:o just 2 differents directors who designed their own Colossus

However we know:
Voctor from XO is Sabretooth X1
Toad DOFP is Toad X1
Moira FC/APO is Moira X3
Angel from APO is Angel X3
Caliban APO is Caliban from Logan

We know they are different characters:
Trask X3 ≠ Trask Bolivar DOFP
Psyslocke X3 ≠ Psylocke Betsy Braddock APO

We have 2 versions of:
-Jubilee: shes teenager in APO, cant be Jubillee in original trilogy shes also teenager
-Emma Frost: Adult in FC, she cant be the teenager we saw in XO

I wouldn't go this far.many of these are 2 different characters

exceptions are

Sabretooth in origins becomes X-Men version
Toad in DOFP becomes X-Men version
somehow colossus in future ending of DOF and in deadpool is same character.

Colossus OT/Colossus Deadpool
Angel X3/Angel Apocalypse
Caliban Apocalypse/Caliban Logan

are the same character with 2 different directors'conceptions

Colossus OT/Colossus Deadpool
Angel X3/Angel Apocalypse
Caliban Apocalypse/Caliban Logan

are the same character with 2 different directors'conceptions

Not Angel.:gngl:

The Angel in "Apocalypse" is born at least in 1963.
The Angel in TLS is born in 1985 or so.

They are siblings. Warren Worthington II had them with two different women in two different versions of the timeline.

Ok according to you this 2 versions like Emma , Jubilee .. but for me it can be the same person from 2 timelines.
Time has been altered in 1973, if old timeline gave us Angel X3, it would be another older Angel somewhere ? We dont know If he was born in 1985 or earlier.

In OT we just knew it set in 2000's, Jean's childhood 20 years ago and Angel's childhood 10 years ago so Angel would be 10 years younger than main x-men.

But prequel trilogy retconned all this. X3 sets in 2006 and Jean is 17 yo in 1983. So forget 20 years ago, as same as 10 years ago, in X3 intro

^ I've heard it be suggested that maybe the "10 years ago" (for young Angel's flashback) was meant to be from before Jeans flashbacks (not 10 years from the present setting) with the way there played back to back setting it 30 years ago which would fit the timeline

as for Angel looking younger then that in X3... given what a dick his father was and the way he reacted to finding out his son was a mutant I wouldn't put it past him to have had his son cryogenically frozen (kinda like Stryker did to Jason) until a cure was maded

that's just in theory, tho

Last edited:
Yes Im thinking about it too

However producers didnt care about age. Cyclops is 56 yo in 2023, he seems 40-45

Yes Im thinking about it too

However producers didnt care about age. Cyclops is 56 yo in 2023, he seems 40-45

In Timeline Prime Alpha (the very first timeline), Cyclops was 18 in 1979 ("X-Men Origins"). This means that he was about 43 years old in "X-Men" (set in 2004). Interesting.

In Timeline Prime Alpha (the very first timeline), Cyclops was 18 in 1979 ("X-Men Origins"). This means that he was about 43 years old in "X-Men" (set in 2004). Interesting.
There's no set date in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It's an assumption that it's set during the Three Mile Island incident, but Gambit says that people think by going near it, it'll turn them into freaks, which could mean the incident already happened or was faked and the area is being used as a base for the experiments. I tend to think it's one of those and not the actual incident itself, due to Stryker saying in X2 that it's been 15 years. Which means, depending on Scott's age at the time, he was anywhere between 30 -33 at the beginning of the OT.

They never say Wade is a mutant in XMO: W. I think we're looking at a cryo-freezing situation in preparation for the experiment, but in this timeline it never happened, so he was unfrozen later and released. It's likely why he was considered for the project in the Deadpool movie.

There's no set date in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It's an assumption that it's set during the Three Mile Island incident, but Gambit says that people think by going near it, it'll turn them into freaks, which could mean the incident already happened or was faked and the area is being used as a base for the experiments. I tend to think it's one of those and not the actual incident itself, due to Stryker saying in X2 that it's been 15 years. Which means, depending on Scott's age at the time, he was anywhere between 30 -33 at the beginning of the OT.

OR Gambit was referring to the fact everyone is freaked out by nuclear reactors and radiations by default. Not a strict reference to the Incident, if you think about it.

We can assume the 15 years thing is referred to some episode happening inbetween "X-Men Origins" (1979) and "X-Men" (2004).
I guess Wolverine met Stryker again in 1989 and then lost his memory (again).
That would also explain how he re-acquired his old leather jacket.

OR Gambit was referring to the fact everyone is freaked out by nuclear reactors and radiations by default. Not a strict reference to the Incident, if you think about it.

We can assume the 15 years thing is referred to some episode happening inbetween "X-Men Origins" (1979) and "X-Men" (2004).
I guess Wolverine met Stryker again in 1989 and then lost his memory (again).
That would also explain how he re-acquired his old leather jacket.
Maybe. But I haven't seen anything that says that the Three Mile Island incident was destructive like the movie presents, which makes me think more that the incident was before that. Or the movie just wanted more of a bang. Who knows? I like my idea personally. I think the idea that Stryker met Wolverine again later and erased his memory isn't necessary to explain this inconsistency.

Maybe. But I haven't seen anything that says that the Three Mile Island incident was destructive like the movie presents, which makes me think more that the incident was before that. Or the movie just wanted more of a bang. Who knows? I like my idea personally. I think the idea that Stryker met Wolverine again later and erased his memory isn't necessary to explain this inconsistency.

Of course.

To me, the timeline changed TWICE.

First Class, The Wolverine and DOFP 2023 belongs to the second timeline.

Some reality-warping mutant travelled back to the early 1900s or late 1800s and warped reality.

"First Class" was the beginning of a new timeline.

Exaaclty. No date in Origins about setting (1979 otr others). We just know Scott is teenager about 16-17 in Origins, as hes 16-17 in 1983 in Apocalypse

Exaaclty. No date in Origins about setting (1979 otr others). We just know Scott is teenager about 16-17 in Origins, as hes 16-17 in 1983 in Apocalypse

OR in this universe, "our" 3 Miles Island Incident did not happen and people are just afraid of radioactivity (because it's a nuclear site).

I think so. Scott Origins is about the same age than Scott Apocalypse
However this saga will be rebooted into MCU so I dont care anymore

For anyone else:
I just revised this thread, because I slightly re-wrote my timelines in order to accomodate the theory that Sebastian Shaw ("First Class") was a time traveler and "First Class" was already a massive divergence.
Enjoy. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"