For anyone with a Harmony universal remote

guitarsingerguy

Who am I?
Reaction score
I was pretty upset about not being able to control my PS3 movie playback functions with my XBOX 360 Harmony remote. In doing some digging I came across this product. www.schmartz.com It's an IR USB attachment designed from the ground up for use with the PS3 based on old PS2 IR codes. It's a bit pricey at $35, but I ordered one, and I have to say, I'm very impressed. You simply program your remote with PS2 functions and it works like a charm. There's even one with a remote on/off function if you have access to a PSP to set it up. I just figured I'd give you folks a heads up if anyone else is interested.

I have a Pronto remote by Phillips and was annoyed that the PS3 did not have a IR sensor. I did some researching online and found this IR Remote by Nyko. All you do is plug the IR reciever into the USB port on the front of the PS3. And guess what - it works perfectly! Now I can program the Pronto to use the IR sensor on the PS3! The Harmony can't accept Bluetooth so that is why you cannot get the PS3 to work.

Heres the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-3...ls&ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1182603405&sr=8-1

I have a Pronto remote by Phillips and was annoyed that the PS3 did not have a IR sensor. I did some researching online and found this IR Remote by Nyko. All you do is plug the IR reciever into the USB port on the front of the PS3. And guess what - it works perfectly! Now I can program the Pronto to use the IR sensor on the PS3! The Harmony can't accept Bluetooth so that is why you cannot get the PS3 to work.

Heres the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-3...ls&ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1182603405&sr=8-1

I think you misunderstood what I was getting at. I wasn't asking for advice on how to get it to work. I was simply stating that I purchased the IR device from schmartz.com and that it worked better then I could have imagined. The IR add on I purchased looks much better then the Nyko one. It doesn't stick out and it blends seamlessly with the PS3. The Nyko is cheaper, but I hate the way it looks.

Yeah I was just stating I had the same problem too. I really don't care how it looks just that it works is great..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"